Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2013, 09:57 AM   #46
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Oddometer: 3,118
Those updated models look much better. They should bring those models in and maybe there would be much more interest!
brianwheelies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:43 PM   #47
acejones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,798
Back to the fuel stabilizer. Unless the scoot is sitting for a month or more, stabilizer is just a contribution to whoever makes and sells it.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:14 PM   #48
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

I want to hear more about the Typhoon in the Typhoon thread. Maybe there needs to be a thread about bike rotation in the long haul fleet!
Old 08-14-2013, 05:10 PM   #49
longhaul747 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwheelies View Post
I want to hear more about the Typhoon in the Typhoon thread. Maybe there needs to be a thread about bike rotation in the long haul fleet!
Just so many darn bikes so the rotation is kind of slow. The Typhoon is currently at the storage facility where I put some of the extra bikes so I can have more room in the garage so I can work on the DL1000. In the coming day(s) I will be changing the coolant, Spark Plugs, Air Filter, Oil and last but not least cleaning and lubing the chain.

I did take my PCX125 out for a spin this morning before the rain settled in but if I ride anymore tonight it will be the KLR650 or Concours.

The PCX125 is really not a part of the comparison officially but if it was its easily the best of the 125's. The water cooled engine is butter smooth and its readily apparent that it has more power and speed. Things may even out once the others get broken in more.

Hopefully eventually more owners can get these fine scoots and contribute to the thread(s).
longhaul747 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:20 PM   #50
blugg1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 322
I'll probably get severely beaten for this, but why would anyone want a 50cc scooter? My first scooter, in 1968, was a 175cc Lambretta 2-stroke; my next one in 2004 was a Vino 125. The Lambretta was fast and good-looking. The Vino was very well made and good-looking. But it was a PITA on any kind of grade, of which there are many down here.

Personally, I think 150cc's is the entry level. Not only for safety reasons, but for fatigue reasons. Riding WFO everywhere is tiring.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:47 PM   #51
quasigentrified
Cityfolk

Oddometer: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by blugg1 View Post
I'll probably get severely beaten for this, but why would anyone want a 50cc scooter? My first scooter, in 1968, was a 175cc Lambretta 2-stroke; my next one in 2004 was a Vino 125. The Lambretta was fast and good-looking. The Vino was very well made and good-looking. But it was a PITA on any kind of grade, of which there are many down here.

Personally, I think 150cc's is the entry level. Not only for safety reasons, but for fatigue reasons. Riding WFO everywhere is tiring.
agreed, at least for suburbia. if you live in full-on downtown and you measure your travel in blocks, i could see it; but the moment you need to use a major thoroughfare, 50cc is right out of consideration

'14 Triumph America LT for posin'
quasigentrified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:03 AM   #52
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

My bike, with a few choice mods, cruises right along at 45 to 50 mph. Little gusto left to pass. Love my bike.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:36 AM   #53
scottmoto16
Scooter Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,076
Got one

Love it , easy to ride and great fun.
My first scooter

Goes a lot better than I thought it would , twist and go...........
Old 08-17-2013, 05:36 AM   #54
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,587
The local dealer here in Huntsville has had a typhoon sitting on the showroom floor for quite a while. I think he's asking $2799 plus tax.

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:59 AM   #55
scottmoto16
Scooter Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,076
In Australia they were $3600 ++
At the moment they are $2990 all incl , ride away.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:25 AM   #56
longhaul747 OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmoto16 View Post
Got one

Love it , easy to ride and great fun.
My first scooter

Goes a lot better than I thought it would , twist and go...........
Totally cool someone else picked one up. Interesting that the Oz spec has the turn signals in the fly screen but the regular DOT style turn signals for the rear. Honestly I am not sure how they are officially done in Italy (Europe).

I wish I had more to say about mine but its currently out of rotation. Should be back in service in a few days.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:39 PM   #57
longhaul747 OP
Studly Adventurer

OK...I have gone and done something silly

drum roll.................

Call the loony wagon on me...........

To Be Continued
Old 08-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #58
Bueller
Cashin?

Oddometer: 17,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhaul747 View Post
OK...I have gone and done something silly

drum roll.................

Call the loony wagon on me...........

To Be Continued
You have a sickness. At the rate you are going you can't fly enough miles to keep up. Seek help now.

"bueller, you ARE an island of reason in a sea of bullshit" - quasigentrified
Bueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:34 PM   #59
longhaul747 OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
You have a sickness. At the rate you are going you can't fly enough miles to keep up. Seek help now.
Nah.....one more won't hurt!

I am truly done now. Next step is consolidating some of the larger bikes into one so I expect by next spring I will be down about 5 bikes. Plus my Reflex is getting old so I am thinking of parting ways with that one.

Anyways a dealer near me is is liquidating some of the Aprilia scooters. So I picked up a 09 SportCity 125 in Silver for slightly less then what I paid for the Agility 125. Since I do a lot of business with this dealer they basically went to cost on the batch they got a discount from Aprilia on. They said no one else will get this deal. I got it just before he was about to sell them to another Aprilia dealer.

Its a lot like the Typhoon 125 but it has a lot of differences and it really seems Piaggio did a good job of making it seem more different then it really is. I am pretty sure its the same frame and same engine. The fly screen, mirrors and the instrumentation is the same. Maybe the same floor board area as well. However the plastics are much different as is the headlights and taillight treatment. Also it has 14" wheels vs 12" and the tires are street biased instead of dual sport biased on the Typhoon. Muffler is different style as well.

Fit and finish does not seem as good as the Typhoon plus it does not feel as heavy. However the one I test road felt about the same in speed.

The one I test road was the black color but after checking the system they had one in Silver so I chose that one. It had to be taken out of the crate and the battery properly prepped. After doing the deal I stopped in a few hours later to inspect it and all is good. Sort of did my own PDI.

I will pick it up on Tuesday morning.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:54 PM   #60
DudeClone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,467
holy cow you're on a roll, man!!

your "rotation" is stouter then the L.A Dodgers pitching staff. must cut down nicely on service intervals :)

holy smokes