Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2013, 04:17 AM   #76
electroken
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 219
Those TX750 starter clutches look an awful lot like the well-known POS in my Honda CB450K5. And the portion of the sprocket the rollers run on is 42.16mm in diameter. Hmmmm...
electroken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:02 PM   #77
argo1974
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Little update to starter clutches. These will be different design, fully hardened to 55 HRC and come with special bolts.

argo1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:09 PM   #78
CalsXS2 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by argo1974 View Post
Little update to starter clutches. These will be different design, fully hardened to 55 HRC and come with special bolts.

Wow. Those should cover the demand.
CalsXS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 04:07 PM   #79
concours
WFO for 41 years

Oddometer: 5,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalsXS2 View Post
Wow. Those should cover the demand.
I know, right? I thought there were only seven of us demented bastids in the WORLD!
Old 11-22-2013, 07:20 AM   #80
vanislejay
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
I didn't even want one, I'm happy with the kickstarter, but since there are so many I feel guilted into doing the mod haha.
vanislejay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #81
Danscycle
n00b

Oddometer: 2
TX750 Starter clutch mod

I would like to get a hold of ARGO1974 to find out his price on the Starter gear replacement part he makes. Please contact me ,thank you ARGO my email is motodangt at gmail dot com

Danscycle screwed with this post 12-01-2013 at 08:51 PM
Danscycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:49 AM   #82
EasyRiderAUS
Strider

Oddometer: 3
Hi TX750 owner/riders. I have just today joined ADV in search of news and sharing of information on these interesting and handsome big early 70 Yam twins. I have recently purchased a low mileage Australian delivered bike which was the personal ride of a Yamaha dealer principal until he passed away 10 years ago. It is Competition Green in colour, very original except for the fitting of the post delivery factory deep sump and oil cooler kit. It hadn't been ridden or started for about 10 years and I was able to fire it up last weekend. I have fitted new tyres and aim to install a new battery this weekend and hopefully take it for it's first outing. I am keen to see if the starter motor works, but great to see there are a number of modifications being offered or discussed in this thread. Cheers
EasyRiderAUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:07 AM   #83
concours
WFO for 41 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyRiderAUS View Post
Hi TX750 owner/riders. I have just today joined ADV in search of news and sharing of information on these interesting and handsome big early 70 Yam twins. I have recently purchased a low mileage Australian delivered bike which was the personal ride of a Yamaha dealer principal until he passed away 10 years ago. It is Competition Green in colour, very original except for the fitting of the post delivery factory deep sump and oil cooler kit. It hadn't been ridden or started for about 10 years and I was able to fire it up last weekend. I have fitted new tyres and aim to install a new battery this weekend and hopefully take it for it's first outing. I am keen to see if the starter motor works, but great to see there are a number of modifications being offered or discussed in this thread. Cheers

Hi, welcome! Pictures... or it didn't happen.
You're bike a double disc model, yes?
Old 12-20-2013, 06:11 AM   #84
EasyRiderAUS
Strider

Oddometer: 3
Yamaha TX750 starter clutch mod!!.

Jan 15 - Have inserted this ink: http://s940.photobucket.com/user/imc...00494.mp4.html
Hi, thank you for the welcome. Actually all the 73 models are single disc in AUS. I will post some pictures of my TX750 tomorow ( I am still working out how the site works).

EasyRiderAUS screwed with this post 01-14-2014 at 11:40 PM
EasyRiderAUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 06:23 AM   #85
CalsXS2 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
Quote:
Hi, thank you for the welcome. Actually all the 73 models are single disc in AUS. I will post some pictures of my TX750 tomorow ( I am still working out how the site works).

Welcome!!

Yup. Ya gotta post some pic's for us. We love the pic's here.

If you're into facebook, there's a group there. Just type in "yamaha tx750". There's a lot of guy's from Aus on there too.
CalsXS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 09:22 AM   #86
concours
WFO for 41 years

Quote:
Copy a link from a hosting service (like Photobucket), click on the postcard icon above, and right click, paste, insert. dun.
I know, I know, I'm like a Grandparent with pictures of my baby...

Before...

After...
Old 12-31-2013, 05:18 PM   #87
dynodaryl
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Hi Easyrider,
I too am in Australia, Melbourne in fact, is that the bike that Penna Motorcycles had ?? I purchased the first one that they put on Ebay, the second one went for $2950.00 I think. I never saw the third. Shoot me an email, promctun@bigpond.net.au and we can compare bikes. I have a ton of info that I have gathered over a period of time. I would be interested in that starter gear set up, so could agro also please email me with a costing. Thanks Daryl.
dynodaryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:59 AM   #88
AchyGrappler
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Another TX750 nut here"

Fellas,

Found this site while doing some random net searching for something for my '73. I am weeks away from getting my bike back on the road after my garage restoration. I had resigned myself to kick only as the first time I opened up my left side inner cover, pieces fell out. I am eager to hear about the availability of these starter clutch mods. Hopefully they will be out soon. I too have a good bunch of info to share with other TX aficionados and look forward to posting pictures when my bike is complete.
AchyGrappler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:05 AM   #89
argo1974
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Some news to my starter clutches. As some of you know, I've had massive problems ordering special screws from a German hardware manufacturer. Finally, I was confirmed by their top brass the screws are currently in production. Wow, it only took 3 months to have them produced ;(((
Thank you for your patience.

argo1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:05 PM   #90
TonyAus
n00b

Oddometer: 5
XV250 Starter modification

Hi everyone, these are the photos of the Yamaha XV250 starter clutch modification for the TX750. I hope they might be able to help someone. I had a local machine shop do the machining since the parts are hardened. NOS parts for the XV250 are available through ebay. I thought I would be able to use my old TX750 starter sprocket, however the little amount of wear that it had required me to replace it with a new one. You need to still use the TX750 starter sprocket. Good luck to everyone with their TX's.
Attached Images

TonyAus is offline   Reply With Quote