ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2005, 10:28 AM   #1
Davidovich650 OP
KLR-ista

Oddometer: 245
The Duvall Zone

The Duvall Zone

Picture a man on a motorcycle outside of Duvall. He is parked by a sign that leads into a forest, and stairs wide-eyed into the mist as pavement turns to gravel, as punishment beckons him to enter the woods, and howls of over-revved engines, shrieks of bending steeal, screams of mortal agaony, and the laughter of his riding buddies fills his ears. Yes, he is preparing to enter…. The Duvall Zone….

On a Saturday morning, in the not too distant future, an undetermined number of Advriders may once again creep back into the woods east of Duvall. What awaits them, only a select few know – but it is punishment that awaits them, yes punishment; clutches will burn, tires will smoke, plastic will shatter, as the impossible ride will be attempted by the unknowing riders in the unforgiving ride. Would you return to The Duvall Zone? Would you risk bike, sanity, endless weekends of repairs and rehabilitation… to return?

Don’t adjust your dial, don’t adjust your carbs, don’t tell JoMamma where you are going, because, once again, you will enter, but may never leave…. The Duvall Zone.

This show is rated R1200GS. Riders with Big Pigs may attempt this ride which will include steep hills, deep mud-pits, over-grown single track, and generally crappy terrain.
Davidovich650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:45 AM   #2
Guaglione
Country mice

Oddometer: 2,302
Bluhduh

"This is the sort of ardent pedantry up with which I will not put."
Winston Churchill
Guaglione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 11:08 AM   #3
gentry
For Reasons Unknown...

Oddometer: 3,251
schweeeeet.....

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 11:27 AM   #4
Guaglione
Country mice

Oddometer: 2,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidovich650
The Duvall Zone

Picture a man on a motorcycle outside of Duvall. He is parked by a sign that leads into a forest, and stairs wide-eyed into the mist as pavement turns to gravel, as punishment beckons him to enter the woods, and howls of over-revved engines, shrieks of bending steeal, screams of mortal agaony, and the laughter of his riding buddies fills his ears. Yes, he is preparing to enter…. The Duvall Zone….

On a Saturday morning, in the not too distant future, an undetermined number of Advriders may once again creep back into the woods east of Duvall. What awaits them, only a select few know – but it is punishment that awaits them, yes punishment; clutches will burn, tires will smoke, plastic will shatter, as the impossible ride will be attempted by the unknowing riders in the unforgiving ride. Would you return to The Duvall Zone? Would you risk bike, sanity, endless weekends of repairs and rehabilitation… to return?

Don’t adjust your dial, don’t adjust your carbs, don’t tell JoMamma where you are going, because, once again, you will enter, but may never leave…. The Duvall Zone.

This show is rated R1200GS. Riders with Big Pigs may attempt this ride which will include steep hills, deep mud-pits, over-grown single track, and generally crappy terrain.
Picture a total nOOb, riding his spanking brand new 1150GS Adventure, in his total poser Ewan McGregor outfit. Picture a big hill. Picture a bunch of guys standing at the top waving him on. Picture a momentary lapse in judgement.

Now picture a trip to the ER, two weeks in a soft cast, and months of limping.

not a pretty picture, is it.

"This is the sort of ardent pedantry up with which I will not put."
Winston Churchill
Guaglione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 11:41 AM   #5
gentry
For Reasons Unknown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guaglione
Picture a total nOOb, riding his spanking brand new 1150GS Adventure, in his total poser Ewan McGregor outfit. Picture a big hill. Picture a bunch of guys standing at the top waving him on. Picture a momentary lapse in judgement.

you forgot the doods at the bottom saying "you seem somewhat freaked out about this. Why dont you sit this one out?"

you'll go back and it'll look easy now after all the ridin' youve been doin now

Old 08-08-2005, 04:36 PM   #6
dirtyboy
Adrenaline junkie

Oddometer: 525
Quote:

Picture the locals watching from a safe distance, sucking who knows what out of a corn cob pipe in one hand, shotgun in the other, hound at the feet, saying to one another "that ain't like no normal dirtbike we used to seein' in these parts"
dirtyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 04:37 PM   #7
Tork
Pinsetter

Oddometer: 3,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyboy
Picture the locals watching from a safe distance, sucking who knows what out of a corn cob pipe in one hand, shotgun in the other, hound at the feet, saying to one another "that ain't like no normal dirtbike we used to seein' in these parts"
I resemble that remark
Tork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 05:25 PM   #8
Davidovich650 OP
KLR-ista

Oddometer: 245
Yeah, and ya look at the amount of spent shotgun shells out there and ya start hearing banjo music wafting out of the woods.....

Quote:
Davidovich650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 05:55 PM   #9
gentry
For Reasons Unknown...

Quote:

but daym them boys sure got purdy mouths.....

Old 08-08-2005, 06:19 PM   #10
Darin
WYSIWYG (WIZ-zee-wig)

Oddometer: 594
Well picture this... a bald headed yellow dude eating popcorn and waiting........

...waiting for the "Duvall ZoNe pix??
- pencils miss spel words
- cars make people drive drunk.
- Spoons made Rosie ODonnell fat.

I'm a firm believer of the 2nd Amendment

http://ktmdarin.smugmug.com

Darin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 09:42 PM   #11
bluesurf
en dos ruedas

Oddometer: 978
Saturday, September 17th?

In!
bluesurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 09:56 PM   #12
88NX250
Team USA

Oddometer: 723
Sept 10th works way better for me...the weekend of the 17th is pretty much the only one I can't do in Sept...
88NX250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:04 PM   #13
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Oddometer: 3,139
Quote:

You left out the ass squeazing total poser riding pants Not a pretty picture is it

To get things back on track Sept 17th, huh birthday, possible birthday pass, huh sounds good to me.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:54 AM   #14
dirtyboy
Adrenaline junkie

Oddometer: 525
As long as I get back from CO by Friday, I'll be there!
dirtyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 09:54 AM   #15
batfink
squid vicious

Oddometer: 188
I'll be in Old Blighty then so I won't be able to make it. I will be there in spirit though. I'll just imagine the broken bits of plastic and smashed swingarms, the gashed clutch covers, the slightly but ever so badly bent front forks, the slow leaking of oil and the smell of battery acid leaking everywhere.

Ah yes, a fine bouqeut indeed ;)
batfink is offline   Reply With Quote