Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2013, 10:34 AM   #31
StuInFH
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper X View Post
Nope, just forgot where the hell I posted this! You guys who had the terse answers can't rile me up. I am far above that. Thanks for the good comments from those of you that responded. Btw when I build the trials course on my newly aquired 80 acres of land in the East Mountains outside Albuquerque, SOME of you bastards are hereby UNinvited!
Yeah, you're welcome for the "reminder." Looking at your post count, I would say an MT-43 will last you a long time. http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...1#post22296954
StuInFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:53 AM   #32
Sniper X OP
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,283
I might have to try the MT43. I do remember back when all "Enduro" bikes came with trials tyres, they worked far better on road them knobbies, and almost as well off road.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:02 PM   #33
StuInFH
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper X View Post
I might have to try the MT43. I do remember back when all "Enduro" bikes came with trials tyres, they worked far better on road them knobbies, and almost as well off road.
They will again. Check out the tires on KTM's 2014 Freeride 250R, very short knobby/TT-like tires.

Downside for you to consider is rim damage at pressures where the MT-43 needs to be to work most effectively off road (due to its stiff DOT-rated sidewall).

This thread speaks to TT vs. knobby and how the pressure is key. OP in thread concluded that TuBliss system and knobby is maybe better way to go overall. I agree when I run TuBliss and M5B knobby and hit snow and deep mud, but the MT-43 will outlast knobby. Both are a bit squirrely on the street, but who cares when you are only connecting trails anyway (DS). http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=831867
StuInFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:12 PM   #34
eyedragaknee
McGuyver

Oddometer: 2,317
Trials

I run a Dunlop on the back of my KTM 250. Best upgrade the bike ever had. Been in deep sand , slick mud, and it climbs rocks like a goat. I run ultra hd tubes and about 12psi vs the 4 psi in the GG 250.

It has been on the bike about a year. No issues

Just my 2 cents
eyedragaknee is offline   Reply With Quote