User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2013, 10:12 PM   #16
Glenngineer
Scooty Puff Sr.

Oddometer: 757
https://www.facebook.com/OaklandHarl.../photos_stream

New luggage shape isn't doing it for me.

Lots of nice colors. I dig the sandy Fat Bob.
Glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:23 PM   #17
Anorak
Woolf Barnato

Oddometer: 32,569
This is interesting. It looks like the CVO has the liquid cooling.

"they live off the carrion of our mutual distrust and bribe us with symbols that equate hatred with manhood."

"I mean at the end of the day, I was addicted to Starting Fluid for Christ's sake!"

"Yeah, that guy sure is terrible at touching moms"
Anorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:45 AM   #18
Nadgett
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anorak View Post
Gosh, that's terrible. Somebody should do something about it!!! I'm glad you brought this to my attention. Wait until you hear a bagger with a stereo louder than the exhaust.
Loud stereos save lives!
Nadgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:34 AM   #19
MHaz01
I Used To Be Faster

Oddometer: 205
Liquid Cooled Harley Davidson!

Harley introduced today it's 2014 motorcycle line-up. It included the usual new paint, upgraded electronics, elimination of a few models, and.......a liquid cooled engine in the Ultra Glide Limited model.

A liquid cooled Harley (that isn't the V-Rod). Hell may have just frozen over.

Info here. http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...ages/home.html
Old 08-19-2013, 05:57 AM   #20
MHaz01
I Used To Be Faster

The CVO ($38,999) and the Electra Glide Ultra Limited ($25,899) will now have liquid cooling, as will the Trike. That sound you hear is Willie G. screaming somewhere in his retirement castle. The batwing is improved, and the electronics are upgraded with a touch-screen that encourages the rider to take hands off of the handlebar to answer the phone, etc.

Other air-cooled bikes get cam upgrades, plus sparkly stuff and electronics. And vents in the batwing. The MoCo has jumped into venting technology with both feet.

No adventure touring bike again this year, unless you consider riding a motorcycle that costs more that a Lexus ES an adventure.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:02 AM   #21
kraven
Hegelian Scum

Oddometer: 4,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenngineer View Post
I dig the sandy Fat Bob.
Me too. I think that bike should lean toward industrial anyway, if it were mine.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:10 AM   #22
gravityisnotmyfriend
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHaz01 View Post
Harley introduced today it's 2014 motorcycle line-up. It included the usual new paint, upgraded electronics, elimination of a few models, and.......a liquid cooled engine in the Ultra Glide Limited model.

A liquid cooled Harley (that isn't the V-Rod). Hell may have just frozen over.

Info here. http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...ages/home.html
Here's an article out of Milwaukee:

http://www.jsonline.com/business/har...220141861.html

I want to know more about the engine. Displacement? Power? Will it keep the current 45V-configuration? Or will the new engine have an increased angle of separation to allow for water jackets?
gravityisnotmyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:15 AM   #23
Super Sneaky Steve
B@nned Club :D

Oddometer: 4,213
Hmmm $40k for a small 103 motor. I think the new Indians will do quite well.
Super Sneaky Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:15 AM   #24
kraven
Hegelian Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravityisnotmyfriend View Post
Here's an article out of Milwaukee:

http://www.jsonline.com/business/har...220141861.html

I want to know more about the engine. Displacement? Power? Will it keep the current 45V-configuration? Or will the new engine have an increased angle of separation to allow for water jackets?
It's just a set of water cooled heads on the big twin hooked to the requisite plumbing. Read the first part of the thread. It's all linked.

A buyer could still easily devolve the bike back to 100% air/oil cooling.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:17 AM   #25
kraven
Hegelian Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sneaky Steve View Post
Hmmm $40k for a small 103 motor. I think the new Indians will do quite well.
nice to see the Superglide and Bob getting the 103. Sportsters all get ABS now. That's nice.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:33 AM   #26
choppahead
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ-Brett View Post
I had hoped to be dead before the radio was important on a motorcycle....
Yep! I honestly don't get it either. I know all the high end tourers have them.
Count me among the fans who have waited like a kid for xmas to see the new Indians unveiled. I love the look of the new Chieftain (and everything I read about them), but they can dump the $500-$1,000 worth of electronics and just sell me a plain faired motorcycle. Or, how about a built-in GPS or at least a thermometer and a compass! Been a musician since childhood. If I need tunes I'll play the ones in my head!

As a long term HD fan I'm always interested in the new model releases. The 2014's look the same to me as the 2013 bikes but I guess the touch screen, bluetooth, stereo upgrades are something special. Not a hater, just don't see how it adds to the motorcycling experience. Especially when you factor in wind and exhaust noise. They seem to be playing up these enhancements more than the 'Twin Cool', liquid cooled touring engines.

I will say however, as a fan of American motorcycles, I think we are living in the Golden age! It can only get better.
choppahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:59 AM   #27
gravityisnotmyfriend
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraven View Post
It's just a set of water cooled heads on the big twin hooked to the requisite plumbing. Read the first part of the thread. It's all linked.

A buyer could still easily devolve the bike back to 100% air/oil cooling.
Yup, water cooled heads. I just went through the harley video tour. Looks like the easiest way to add some liquid cooling without a major engine redesign. Looks like they can get away with higher compression as well. Looks like a step in the right direction - though I'm never going to pay $40K for one.
gravityisnotmyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:12 AM   #28
BCC
I know better

Oddometer: 7,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppahead View Post
Yep! I honestly don't get it either. I know all the high end tourers have them.
Count me among the fans who have waited like a kid for xmas to see the new Indians unveiled. I love the look of the new Chieftain (and everything I read about them), but they can dump the $500-$1,000 worth of electronics and just sell me a plain faired motorcycle. Or, how about a built-in GPS or at least a thermometer and a compass! Been a musician since childhood. If I need tunes I'll play the ones in my head!

As a long term HD fan I'm always interested in the new model releases. The 2014's look the same to me as the 2013 bikes but I guess the touch screen, bluetooth, stereo upgrades are something special. Not a hater, just don't see how it adds to the motorcycling experience. Especially when you factor in wind and exhaust noise. They seem to be playing up these enhancements more than the 'Twin Cool', liquid cooled touring engines.

I will say however, as a fan of American motorcycles, I think we are living in the Golden age! It can only get better.
I have had my first Harley for a year now. It's also my first bike with a radio. I absolutely love it. So much, I upgraded the 4 speakers and put in a 300 watt amp. Great sound, even at 90 mph, going down the highway and yes I have after market pipes, though they are EPA rated.

I've never owned a bike I wasn't a bit bored with after a year or so. Until this one. And the radio might be part of it. Part of the whole visceral experience.

Cherish the memories------Ken OBSC
BCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:35 AM   #29
vicster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 967
No more Road Glide? I thought those were well liked, good sellers for Harley. Certainly interested me as a frame mount fairinged tourer I could stretch out on. Looks like the Vision is the only bike left in that category.
vicster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:06 AM   #30
MHaz01
I Used To Be Faster

The Road Glide is being given a one year time out. It's fairing and related electronics and controls are being re-designed, according to the MoCo.