Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2013, 06:30 PM   #1
Dabears OP
--------------------

Oddometer: 549
New Piaggio BV500s $3499

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/mcd/4001125857.html

Our Vespa dealer in Marietta Ga. is advertising new 2009 BV500s (it looks like they have/had 3) for $3499. If you were looking for a big scooter cheap these would be a deal. That's about the same price as a SYM HD 200.

Not my cup of tea, but thought if you lived in the southeast you might want to know.

They imply they just got these from the warehouse, so could be these start turning up at other Vespa/Piaggio dealers around the country as well.

I get that folks are going to say the BV350 is a better scooter, but for $2k less these might be just the ticket for guys looking for a deal..
Dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:26 PM   #2
tastroman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,602
Man, that is a smoking deal.
2009 Buell Ulysses XB12XT
tastroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:34 PM   #3
doxiedog
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 911
+1,i'm way to far away.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:40 PM   #4
JerryH
Banned

Oddometer: 5,069
Whopper of a deal, but it won't happen here. Having a firesale like that would damage the market. No AZ dealer is going to buy anything they can't sell for full MSRP plus lots of fees. They did have a couple of older Fly 150s they were selling for less, but they had cosmetic damage. I'm still surprised they were selling them to the public than at an auction.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:06 PM   #5
craiger527
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
Wow, that is a great price. I love my BV350 and it has ample power. Sounds like a great deal.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:25 PM   #6
Bueller
Cashin?

Oddometer: 17,198
If I hadn't just bought a BV350 a little over a month ago I'd be all over that.

"bueller, you ARE an island of reason in a sea of bullshit" - quasigentrified
Bueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:30 PM   #7
DudeClone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,704
Piaggio has "Check Dealer For Prices" notices up at its website for some models, including this one. seems some deals are about to be had

i think Aprillia might have some things going, as well. a user here reports getting a SportCity 125 for around $2000 OTD
Old 08-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #8
longhaul747
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 605
When I bought my Piaggio Typhoon 125 they asked me if I was interested in a BV250 or BV300? The Piaggio dealer told me they just bought a bunch from them and the price can't be beat. I said I am not really interested but they said I would be after I find out how cheap they are going for. I still don't know but I will be stopping by there in the next week for a few crush washers I need and will find out.

Anyways expect some deals on the BV250 and BV300 as well.

I will need to look at the bill of sale again but I think my pre OTD price on the 09 SportCity 125 was $1,490. Fees and T&L brought it up to $2,034 OTD. They made nothing and informed me that this is a special at cost deal simply because they want to get rid of them and they are planning to wholesale them to another Aprilia dealer that moves more scooters.

Makes me wonder if they are about to dump some Typhoon 125's and these will be going for a huge discount as well?
longhaul747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:04 PM   #9
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Oddometer: 3,536
I want one! Damn that is far though!
brianwheelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:10 PM   #10
gumshoe4
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 855
I really thought carefully about responding to this, as many folks here know the difficulties I've had with my NOS 2009 BV500 I bought new last year from a local dealer.

At the risk of sounding negative and repetitive, I will simply state that my advice is to tread carefully and do your research. In particular, pay close attention to Piaggio parts support and service. In replacing my turn signal multiple times and my speedo three times, the dealer never received the parts in less than three weeks and usually the shipping time was more than that. The service rep at my dealer, one of the largest BMW/Triumph/Ducati/Vespa/Piaggio dealers on the west coast, told me that Piaggio does not like to ship parts until they have a full container load, so the dealer automatically assumes a minimum 3-4 week delay in getting parts.

Know exactly what you're getting into. $3499 is a good price, but not if things routinely break or malfunction and then take weeks to replace. Other folks have had better luck with theirs, so maybe you'll do OK. Good luck...
gumshoe4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #11
Dabears OP
--------------------

Oddometer: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhaul747 View Post
When I bought my Piaggio Typhoon 125 they asked me if I was interested in a BV250 or BV300? The Piaggio dealer told me they just bought a bunch from them and the price can't be beat. I said I am not really interested but they said I would be after I find out how cheap they are going for. I still don't know but I will be stopping by there in the next week for a few crush washers I need and will find out.

Anyways expect some deals on the BV250 and BV300 as well.

I will need to look at the bill of sale again but I think my pre OTD price on the 09 SportCity 125 was $1,490. Fees and T&L brought it up to $2,034 OTD. They made nothing and informed me that this is a special at cost deal simply because they want to get rid of them and they are planning to wholesale them to another Aprilia dealer that moves more scooters.

Makes me wonder if they are about to dump some Typhoon 125's and these will be going for a huge discount as well?
If you hear about deals on BV 250s & 300s please share them here! Either one has a whole lot more appeal to me than a 500. It sounds like Piaggio is clearing out excess inventory now that the BV350 has established itself as a winner. It may very well have killed off older model sales. I'm cheap, so I could see a BV300 in my future at a low price.

Anybody want an R1200GS?
Dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:11 AM   #12
cdwise
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
Whopper of a deal, but it won't happen here. Having a firesale like that would damage the market. No AZ dealer is going to buy anything they can't sell for full MSRP plus lots of fees.
Must be your dealers then because that's about what I paid over a year ago for NOS 2009 BV 500 in Houston.
cdwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:54 PM   #13
Dranrab Luap
E-Tarded

Oddometer: 30,925
Wow, that is a smoking good deal. I'd love to have that.
Dranrab Luap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:26 PM   #14
longhaul747
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabears View Post
If you hear about deals on BV 250s & 300s please share them here! Either one has a whole lot more appeal to me than a 500. It sounds like Piaggio is clearing out excess inventory now that the BV350 has established itself as a winner. It may very well have killed off older model sales. I'm cheap, so I could see a BV300 in my future at a low price.

Anybody want an R1200GS?
I stopped by the Piaggio dealer I deal with and asked them about the deal on the NOS Beverly's they are getting in. They told me they are just the 250's and they are brand new with factory warranty for $2,499. They have not got them in yet but they asked if I wanted to reserve one but I said no as I am occupied with what I got.

I asked them if Piaggio is dumping the warehouse and they indicated this was the case. I asked if this means we will be getting some new and updated models that they are already selling in other markets but they had no idea but they hoped so.

In my opinion $2,499 is not a bad price for a BV250.
longhaul747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:26 PM   #15
tastroman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumshoe4 View Post
The service rep at my dealer, one of the largest BMW/Triumph/Ducati/Vespa/Piaggio dealers on the west coast, told me that Piaggio does not like to ship parts until they have a full container load, so the dealer automatically assumes a minimum 3-4 week delay in getting parts.

FWIW, for parts that KYMCO does not have stocked in their warehouse stateside, it's the same process. ie. wait for the next container shipment. It's no wonder it's hard to go with a scooter as your only form of transportation.
2009 Buell Ulysses XB12XT
tastroman is offline   Reply With Quote