ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Hacks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-26-2013, 04:06 AM   #1
KHJPHOTO OP
Old Man and the Road
 
KHJPHOTO's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Here for now; but leaving soon
Oddometer: 641
Amish jagger

 photo AmishJagger_zps912017db.jpg

Searching out Amish buggies for my next video. Beautiful day for a ride and a hunt

Oh, if you wish to view some of the videos: Youtube under KHJPHOTO. Enjoy
__________________
KHJPHOTO
BMWMOA
BMWRA
IBA #27356
BMW Mileage Award 300,000 and adding to it

www.khjphotography.com

KHJPHOTO screwed with this post 08-26-2013 at 12:06 PM
KHJPHOTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:05 AM   #2
stromsurfer
Stromsurfer
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Maine
Oddometer: 627
Buggies

__________________
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them. I shall use my time. Jack London
stromsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:18 AM   #3
bk brkr baker
Beastly Adventurer
 
bk brkr baker's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: The Bluegrass
Oddometer: 5,087
I'm sure you can catch someone going down the road and video them, but, you do realize that they perfer not to be photographed or videoed. It's a matter of respect not to invade their privacy.
You're on your own.
__________________
RR's Catnip Hill to Peoria ___Loopin' Seattle to WestFest
It started with some beers __1500 miles to the Dentist
Skeedaddle to Seattle______ A 30 year old on a Three Flags Run
bk brkr baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:03 AM   #4
KHJPHOTO OP
Old Man and the Road
 
KHJPHOTO's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Here for now; but leaving soon
Oddometer: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by bk brkr baker View Post
I'm sure you can catch someone going down the road and video them, but, you do realize that they perfer not to be photographed or videoed. It's a matter of respect not to invade their privacy.
You're on your own.
First, did you notice the lens? Like a sniper they don't know I'm there
Second, they are behind glass and can't be seen
Third, I don't overtly shoot them
Forth, although we "English" should respect them, the Amish live in the same world we do and are as much subject to that world as the rest of us

In closing, I give them more respect then they- or we other Christians, get from
The Fed!!!
__________________
KHJPHOTO
BMWMOA
BMWRA
IBA #27356
BMW Mileage Award 300,000 and adding to it

www.khjphotography.com
KHJPHOTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:41 AM   #5
redflasher
Baltika Lover
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Minnesota
Oddometer: 148
Beware the Amish Mafia...
redflasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #6
cleatusj
Dirt floor engineer
 
cleatusj's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Granbury, TX
Oddometer: 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by stromsurfer View Post
You might find that you need lower final drive to take off with that in-tow.
__________________
In the stable now. '76 Moto Guzzi Convert Hack
'93 Moto Guzzi Calli 3 with Leaner turned rigid

Hack build: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...rt+floor+build
cleatusj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:20 AM   #7
airspro
Gnarly Adventurer
 
airspro's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Mid Michigan
Oddometer: 132
http://www.youtube.com/user/Khjphoto
airspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:02 AM   #8
Speedo66
Transient
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Cin City, OH
Oddometer: 6,228
Be careful if you hear this: clop clop, clop clop, BANG, clop clop, clop clop....

Amish drive by.
__________________
Oh I used to be disgusted, but now I try to be amused-E.Costello
'01 Kawasaki W650, '05 Yamaha XT225



Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:11 AM   #9
Pugsley/Hobbfather
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Barnard, VT
Oddometer: 395
Drive By:

I'm thinking more of a Whomp~eeeng as the shovel rings, or your ears...they probably don't use guns. Could be a whoosh from a broom though...
Pugsley/Hobbfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:49 AM   #10
Schatzman
I Saved Latin
 
Schatzman's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Omnipresent
Oddometer: 3,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHJPHOTO View Post
First, did you notice the lens? Like a sniper they don't know I'm there
Second, they are behind glass and can't be seen
Third, I don't overtly shoot them
Forth, although we "English" should respect them, the Amish live in the same world we do and are as much subject to that world as the rest of us

In closing, I give them more respect then they- or we other Christians, get from
The Fed!!!

You aren't giving them respect. Just because you are using a long range lens doesn't make it any better. They have decided how they want to live their life and have certain principles they follow. One of the biggest things they say NOT to do when in "Amish" areas is to take pictures. What happens when you take pictures is they start to assume other non Amish people are ass holes who don't respect them. They are not some sort of side show. It is no different then choosing not to eat a burger while in India. Sure I probably can, but it is disrespectful to do so.
__________________
Quote:
In short, life is made into a nonstop, commercially prepackaged masturbational fantasy.
-Allan Bloom
Schatzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:34 PM   #11
Jar675
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHJPHOTO View Post
First, did you notice the lens? Like a sniper they don't know I'm there
Second, they are behind glass and can't be seen
Third, I don't overtly shoot them
Forth, although we "English" should respect them, the Amish live in the same world we do and are as much subject to that world as the rest of us

In closing, I give them more respect then they- or we other Christians, get from
The Fed!!!
This is why the country is going to shit people like you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzman View Post
You aren't giving them respect. Just because you are using a long range lens doesn't make it any better. They have decided how they want to live their life and have certain principles they follow. One of the biggest things they say NOT to do when in "Amish" areas is to take pictures. What happens when you take pictures is they start to assume other non Amish people are ass holes who don't respect them. They are not some sort of side show. It is no different then choosing not to eat a burger while in India. Sure I probably can, but it is disrespectful to do so.
Schatzman got it right!
Jar675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:42 PM   #12
Strong Bad
n00balicious
 
Strong Bad's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Oddometer: 3,743
He's giving more respect than all of the new TV shows like Amish Mofia or Breaking Amish. Why don't you take your aggressive policing of the Amish to the networks???

You guys need to back off, he's an artist who's media is photography. Was Gertrude Kasebier disrespecting Native American Indians or was Dorothea Lang disrespecting the poor homeless of the depression?? Their subjects were also far from side shows.
__________________
"I couldn't wait for success, so I went ahead without it."
Strong Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:45 PM   #13
Foot dragger
singletracker
 
Foot dragger's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: chico,just below rag dump(nor-cal)
Oddometer: 12,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHJPHOTO View Post
First, did you notice the lens? Like a sniper they don't know I'm there
Second, they are behind glass and can't be seen
Third, I don't overtly shoot them
Forth, although we "English" should respect them, the Amish live in the same world we do and are as much subject to that world as the rest of us

In closing, I give them more respect then they- or we other Christians, get from
The Fed!!!
What part of "they dont like to be photographed" dont you understand? Dont go so far out of your way to be an ass.
__________________
Some bikes around at times
Foot dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:42 PM   #14
Schatzman
I Saved Latin
 
Schatzman's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Omnipresent
Oddometer: 3,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong Bad View Post
He's giving more respect than all of the new TV shows like Amish Mofia or Breaking Amish. Why don't you take your aggressive policing of the Amish to the networks???

You guys need to back off, he's an artist who's media is photography. Was Gertrude Kasebier disrespecting Native American Indians or was Dorothea Lang disrespecting the poor homeless of the depression?? Their subjects were also far from side shows.
You are missing the point. In the examples you listed, they don't have a culture the clearly states they are against photography. As for the shows, waivers had to be signed. I think it gives the Amish a bad name and I don't watch them as a result.

Here is the problem in the simplest way I can put it:

The Amish, in general, are known for being against having their picture/ video taken of them. This isn't a state secret. He clearly knows this, and despite that, finds a way around it by using a long range setup. It is a scumbag move. It is no different then going over to a orthodox Jewish persons home and eating dairy and meat off the same plate.

Below is a link which clearly talks about it. I apologize if it isn't hyperlinked because I can't find the option on tapatalk.

http://pittsburgh.about.com/cs/penns...sh_country.htm
__________________
Quote:
In short, life is made into a nonstop, commercially prepackaged masturbational fantasy.
-Allan Bloom
Schatzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #15
Mr Bags
Studly Adventurer
 
Mr Bags's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Oddometer: 539
The Amish have to obey the law of the land and the law says if it is in public view it is fair game. Photo On !
Mr Bags is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014