Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2013, 04:36 AM   #1
AdvIvan OP
Rock on!

Oddometer: 75
1190 center stand

Heya!

When riding 2-up, with panniers on, the dampening system seam insufficient; the centerstand scratches the asphalt sometimes when cornering. No, it's not because we're too fat! :) 80+60+20 kg, EDS in 2+p mode.
Did anyone else experience center-stand scratching?

A few months ago I had a EDS-failure message which disappeared without corrections. Could be linked I guess?

On a side note, the centerstand is full of other scratches and dents from front-wheel stone spray. All these scratches tend to rust. The center stand all together gives a really poor impression...
AdvIvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:00 AM   #2
Tancakar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvIvan View Post
Heya!

When riding 2-up, with panniers on, the dampening system seam insufficient; the centerstand scratches the asphalt sometimes when cornering. No, it's not because we're too fat! :) 80+60+20 kg, EDS in 2+p mode.
Did anyone else experience center-stand scratching?

A few months ago I had a EDS-failure message which disappeared without corrections. Could be linked I guess?

On a side note, the centerstand is full of other scratches and dents from front-wheel stone spray. All these scratches tend to rust. The center stand all together gives a really poor impression...
as soon as you press the 2-UP button the bike is rising quite alot. So i would check this first. put it up to 1 person first then sit on it adjust it to 2-UP+lagguage you must feel the bike really rises if not your system doesnt work ! if does which mine work, i never have that problem even with comfort setting the bike got really good ground clearence.

Hope this helps !
Tancakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:37 PM   #3
I JET
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
I've scraped my centre stand a few times now, i ride in sport mode and always set on single with luggage and I still scrape every now and then, worse if its in comfort mode, I weigh 62kg. I think it comes down to how hard its ridden. +1 on checking it does actually rise up when you change the setting, it may not be working.
1991 Yamaha 50 → 1989 Yamaha 80 → 1989 Honda XR80 → 1988 Honda XR100 → 1993 Honda XR250 → 1997 Honda XR400 → 2007 KTM 450 EXC → 1994 Honda RVF 400 → 2010 BMW S1000RR → 2010 Triumph 1050 Speed Triple →
2012 BMW S1000RR --> Bike of the Month DEC/2012 <--http://www.s1000rrforum.com/forum/bm...er-2012-a.html Current Bike → → 2013 KTM 1190 Adventure
I JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:45 AM   #4
nikoktm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 257
That's why I'm reinforce the suspension!. (And I have the R model) I heard a guy who had a big damage on the bike when the knnoby tire hit badly the the upper part of the bike

nikoktm screwed with this post 08-27-2013 at 03:22 AM
nikoktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:10 AM   #5
Tancakar
Gnarly Adventurer

I think if I really push it , the stand might be touch the floor but again I don't ride this bike like fireblade :) it has got limits yes it has got power but it isn't a sports bike:) it won't make you put your knee down.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:15 AM   #6
AdvIvan OP
Rock on!

Tried the 1-up to 2-up raisal test you asked for. It raises somewhat at least, I have nothing to compare to but something happens.
I don't see any difference when changing EDS between COMFORT/STREET/SPORT though.

With 150 hp and a 170/60ZR17 tire on the back wheel, I'd be amazed if it's not made for wearing my kneeplates out. Scraping the center stand is however FAR from scraping my knee!
Old 08-28-2013, 12:40 PM   #7
RoteEddie
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tancakar View Post
I think if I really push it , the stand might be touch the floor but again I don't ride this bike like fireblade :) it has got limits yes it has got power but it isn't a sports bike:) it won't make you put your knee down.
Seriously?

12' KTM 690 Enduro R Evo2
RoteEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:13 AM   #8
Tancakar
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoteEddie View Post
Seriously?

well at least i cant do it on this bike :) Its another issue that i think these people who ever test riding the bikes always try to get their knee down rather then telling us the 1190 adventure burns alot petrol got a heat problem. The bike doesnt been made for track use and what is the point of using the bike like this :) what are you going to go evrywhere with wheeles ? :) why there is a wheele in a test ? for an adventure bike ? :) these jornulist bikers makes me laugh specially MCN . they test ride a harley davidson sportster and they said the ground clearence is bad :) lol the ground clearence ? IT IS A HARLEY DAVIDSON ! cruiser what ground clearence you have in mind ? the same thing happend in KTM 1190 . they said the bike is this god that good 150 hp like a sports bike but they didnt tell positives and negatives about the bike . These guys in the video can put their knee down and i find even wearing full leathers shows that you are not an off road or enduro rider . sorry jornulists but its true .
Old 08-29-2013, 03:03 AM   #9
AdvIvan OP
Rock on!

Quote:
These guys in the video can put their knee down and i find even wearing full leathers shows that you are not an off road or enduro rider . sorry jornulists but its true .
So when I put my leathers on, it's ok for me to drive it like my old sportsbike. And when I put the GoreTex on again, it's offroad and RAIN-mode only? Come-on, the bike is versitile like hell, and that's why we bought it. Back on topic - no matter what the bike is built for, the center stand should clear an asphalted curve just fine. But it doesn't..?
Old 08-29-2013, 05:12 AM   #10
Tancakar
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
So when I put my leathers on, it's ok for me to drive it like my old sportsbike. And when I put the GoreTex on again, it's offroad and RAIN-mode only? Come-on, the bike is versitile like hell, and that's why we bought it. Back on topic - no matter what the bike is built for, the center stand should clear an asphalted curve just fine. But it doesn't..?
yes ofcourse it is but did you ever see a true adventure biker,enduro rider or a dirt bike rider buying a lether kit? not at all ! we ride all season and goretex is good for that and lethers got better protection from a crash.

by the way as you see in this video there are no issues with side stand! or center stand . the guy at the front nearly going to scratch the side bags on the floor :)
Old 08-29-2013, 07:43 AM   #11
RoteEddie
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 519
Quote:
yes ofcourse it is but did you ever see a true adventure biker,enduro rider or a dirt bike rider buying a lether kit? not at all ! we ride all season and goretex is good for that and lethers got better protection from a crash.

by the way as you see in this video there are no issues with side stand! or center stand . the guy at the front nearly going to scratch the side bags on the floor :)
Another one of your hilarious posts, Tan To summarize your statements:

1. You are a true adventure rider
2. True adv riders wear goretex
3. True adventure riders don't ride fast in the twisties
4. True adventure riders don't wheelie

Did I miss anything?
12' KTM 690 Enduro R Evo2
RoteEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 04:18 AM   #12
Babatad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
Quote:
Seriously?

Wow the side case must have been a cm or two from the ground.

This bike is really awesome. Unfortunately not much off road opportunities for me but on the rare chance it's been fun.
Babatad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:55 AM   #13
Tancakar
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Another one of your hilarious posts, Tan To summarize your statements:

1. You are a true adventure rider
2. True adv riders wear goretex
3. True adventure riders don't ride fast in the twisties
4. True adventure riders don't wheelie

Did I miss anything?

do you have a special ability to understand everything from the bottom part of it ?

1. does it matters>?
2. yes mainly they wear Gore-Tex or any textile because THEY ARE WATERPROOF! dump!
3.they can ride fast, but they can't ride a 1190 adventure bike like a panigale super sports bike it isn't design for that !
4. every riders wheelie but a test journalist don't have to wheelie with all bikes ! they wheelie even when they test ride a Goldwing ! what is the point ! of course adventure or any rider can wheelie .

Are you seriously have no brain to actually understand anything I write ?
you are embarrassing yourself there is nothing wrong what I said and they are all true.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:00 AM   #14
Tancakar
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:

also I need to answer you again as well because it feels like you guys need explaining in a simple answer.

yes MAINLY the adventure or off-road riders DONT wear leathers!

they are not waterproof
majority of them not comfortable
and if you on a 990,950 or 1190 with the leathers and knee pads, I laugh at you with my ass.
The leathers for really high impact and you wont see people wearing goretex textile on ISLE OF MAN TT.

Do I need to explain more ?

because even a child can understand what I am trying to say.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:10 AM   #15
Frog uk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 150
Quote:
do you have a special ability to understand everything from the bottom part of it ?

1. does it matters>?
2. yes mainly they wear Gore-Tex or any textile because THEY ARE WATERPROOF! dump!
3.they can ride fast, but they can't ride a 1190 adventure bike like a panigale super sports bike it isn't design for that !
4. every riders wheelie but a test journalist don't have to wheelie with all bikes ! they wheelie even when they test ride a Goldwing ! what is the point ! of course adventure or any rider can wheelie .

Are you seriously have no brain to actually understand anything I write ?
you are embarrassing yourself there is nothing wrong what I said and they are all true.
Here we go again.

Tan knows everything, everyone else knows nothing, we are all stupid because we don't understand him.

Frog uk is offline   Reply With Quote