Roto-pax spout?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by tuna101, Aug 27, 2013.

1. tuna101

tuna101 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  2. bracky72

bracky72 Long timer

Oddometer:
  3. browneye

browneye PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer:
    Yes, they are giant POS. Just rip the guts out of it and use it with just the outer plastic spout. Works great then.

The little red cap is kind of flimsy but I've hauled mine thousands of miles in all temps without issue. Sometimes it bows in or out but has always held. In any case, the spout is always pointed back behind the bike. :D
  4. L.B.S.

L.B.S. Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was going to say that the link posted took you to a plain 'ol "normal" spout that I thought the origial poster was complaining about, as it's the exact same one that came with my RotoPax, and it works perfectly. :huh

...and then I saw: "THIS SPOUT IS ONLY SUPPLIED WITH WATER PACKS AND INTERNATIONALLY SHIPPED FUEL PACKS."

I got my gasoline RotoPax in Canada, so yep, that would be the puppy all right! :D

I just used mine last thursday, and didn't have the slightest bit of hassle or annoyed thought towards it. :lol3
  5. mefly2

mefly2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    All I needed to remove was the spring ... now it works great.
  6. tuna101

tuna101 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have the self venting in a 1 gal jug I can steal(yellow one) Put gas in my new Rotopax to ck. for leaks and try, I used the pos spout that came with it and it seemed to work fine, time will tell. I hate ripping a brand new spout apart but might down the road, if I screw it up I got the yellow one for back up. Alls good, now I just need to get a mount made to put it on the side of the bike. Have to wait on that as I'm leaving for Utah for 2-3 weeks Tuesday. :D
  7. r80rt

r80rt Dirt road nomad

Oddometer:
    Look at the tank end of the spout, you'll see a tiny air hole and a big dimple. Drill out the dimple and you can ignore the stupid lock and the spout will pour like a good old fashioned normal one.
    [​IMG]