Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Face plant
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2013, 09:38 PM   #16
deezildennis
Its a what?

Oddometer: 763
In 2008 I bought my 08 t100 from him. He was a Very nice Gentleman talked to him several times since then and he was always eager to help out.

He will be Sorely missed.
deezildennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:53 PM   #17
deezildennis
Its a what?

Oddometer: 763
I seen this on a Google search of the news stories. Read the Comments below.
If it's true....Its a Shame.

http://www.dealernews.com/dealernews...les-randy-lusk

http://cedarrepublican.com/news/el-d...a4bcf887a.html

deezildennis screwed with this post 09-01-2013 at 10:00 PM
deezildennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #18
Scott_PDX
Leisure Engineer

Oddometer: 2,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by deezildennis View Post
I seen this on a Google search of the news stories. Read the Comments below.
If it's true....Its a Shame.

http://www.dealernews.com/dealernews...les-randy-lusk

http://cedarrepublican.com/news/el-d...a4bcf887a.html

That second story reads..."Randy Lusk, 61, owner of El Dorado Cycle, died Tuesday, Aug. 27, from injuries suffered the previous day near Lawrence, Kan., in what is being investigated as a motorcycle crash and a gunshot wound."

Did I miss the part about a gunshot wound? Anbody have more details?

My MotovLog (Youtube Videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/scottb572/videos

Where Am I via SPOT (Code SCT): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719703
Scott_PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #19
ragtoplvr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,565
He was shot in the head and then crashed. There are rumors, out of respect for the dead and his family I will not repeat them. It will come out officially at some point. There are other sites you can search out and get the dirt if you are so inclined. I had met him, he seemed a very nice person, so I feel sad. Godspeed.

Rod
ragtoplvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:33 PM   #20
UNO_RIDER
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
The whole story is a sad one. Life is precious and entirely too short. Be mindful of those around you who may react impulsively to difficult life events. Sad event for his family and those that he leaves behind. RIP.

2014 KTM 500EXC; Gold Valves RaceTech, FMF, EURO MAP, 14/50
2011 KX450F, Race Tech, Scotts
UNO_RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:54 AM   #21
ragtoplvr
Beastly Adventurer

I am sorry that a way to help a fellow rider thru a tough stretch did not happen for Randy, I hope where he rides now, the roads are curvy, the sky's blue, and the trip long and rewarding.

We lost a dorm mate on college, he did give out signs for a couple of weeks, but we were young, and no one picked up on it. Later in life, I had a close friend that had the same signs, and I helped get him into consoling. I still have my friend to enjoy. Maybe that helps even out the Karma for the first one. If any of you see someone having a hard time, be a friend, it is so worth it. Godspeed Randy.

Rod
Old 09-06-2013, 04:45 PM   #22
brenter OP
Brenter

Oddometer: 360
sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtoplvr View Post
I am sorry that a way to help a fellow rider thru a tough stretch did not happen for Randy, I hope where he rides now, the roads are curvy, the sky's blue, and the trip long and rewarding.

We lost a dorm mate on college, he did give out signs for a couple of weeks, but we were young, and no one picked up on it. Later in life, I had a close friend that had the same signs, and I helped get him into consoling. I still have my friend to enjoy. Maybe that helps even out the Karma for the first one. If any of you see someone having a hard time, be a friend, it is so worth it. Godspeed Randy.

Rod
God knows that there are countless ones of us that would have helped him had we known there was a problem. His son is crushed. He was one of the most driven men I have ever known and damn good at what he did. I just talked to him the Friday before when I had new tires put on my bike. Everything seemed fine at that point. I am just sick over his death and will miss him greatly!!!
brenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:00 AM   #23
ragtoplvr
Beastly Adventurer

I did not mean to imply anyone was derelict in their duty. Suicide is hard to detect/anticipate. If you have any suspicions, please see if there is a way you can help. sometimes you can't. And you would never want to have someone committed and find out you were wrong.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:30 PM   #24
acejones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtoplvr View Post
I did not mean to imply anyone was derelict in their duty. Suicide is hard to detect/anticipate. If you have any suspicions, please see if there is a way you can help. sometimes you can't. And you would never want to have someone committed and find out you were wrong.
That would be better than not committing them and finding out you were wrong.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:29 PM   #25
catzass
Triple Pilot

Oddometer: 386
Damn! hated to hear this. Randy was my dealer and damn nice guy. Because of the way he had treated me in the past I knew just who to go see when I was buying a new tiger last spring. God speed buddy.
catzass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:26 PM   #26
findlj
How much fun is that

Oddometer: 80
I'd competed with/against Randy in trials for many years in the 70's and 80's. He was a great rider, a true competitor and, most of all, a real sportsman. He was always quick with a compliment or a joke, ready to help another rider with either mechanical or technical riding help if you asked him.

After a 25 year hiatus, I bought my Tiger 800 XC from him in Oct. '11. Love my Triumph, but I bought the bike because it was Randy. I found out about his death today when I called the shop to talk to him. After I somewhat recovered, I jumped on the Tiger and took a ride. I think Randy would have wanted that.

I'll miss you buddy.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:51 AM   #27
dannyleo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 249
A friend, a Good Man and a great motorcyclist gone

I'm so glad I finally bought a bike from Randy after all these years of talking bikes and trading stories. We had just exchanged e-mails that morning about the modifications he was doing to it for me. I was blessed to be able to pick up the Thruxton and ride it to the visitation and services in honor of him.

Randy worked on my 79 CBX in his garage long, long ago and after he put a particularly aggressive 6 into 1 pipe on it, he told me he could here me coming from halfway across town! In all my years in the military and away from El Dorado Springs, I always tried to stop by and say 'Hi!' when I was home, it was a 'must do' for me each time. Randy always liked hearing my stories and the last time I was back, I told him how proud I was to know him, a local boy who made it big. I was proud to know a guy who had made it on his own and built a business that had so many employees who all depended on him. Sheesh. We must have talked for hours about our different motorcycle experiences.

I know, because he told me, he could have moved to more lucrative business locations several times, but El Dorado Springs was his home and he enjoyed it there.
I will miss you Randy. May the wind always be in your face and you ride into the hereafter.

I proudly add Randy's Thruxton to my sig below.
Motorcycled Prudhoe Bay to Key West, no room for a t-shirt on that 13,500 mile odyssey.
dannyleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:56 AM   #28
dannyleo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 249
There. Signature adjusted. Godspeed Randy.
Motorcycled Prudhoe Bay to Key West, no room for a t-shirt on that 13,500 mile odyssey.
dannyleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:08 AM   #29
car94
What's this Box for?

Oddometer: 3,156
Cry

RIP,
I had been in to his shop in May and he stayed after hours on a Saturday to let me test ride a new 800XC. You could tell he was a guy who loved Motorcycles. I would drive the extra miles any day to support a shop like his. Hope his family carries on the tradition he started.