Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2014, 11:58 AM   #46
AMAC1680
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by blugg1 View Post
Congratulations; now you've got spare parts. Probably easier to come by those in Australia as it's close to Asia. I live in an Arizona County the size of the states of Connecticut and Rhode Island combined and I've never even seen another SYM.
I guess its regional because down here I see a few SYMs a day. If we add in lance I couldn't count. Of course I live in a "scooter" area.

Be Big,
AMAC
SYM RV200 EVO
Lance "Cali Classic" 125
AMAC1680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 12:37 PM   #47
Phipsd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
This place http://scooterinvasion.com/ has new 2013s for $3199 OTD. Very tempting, but it's only a 170cc. I don't know what the real world top speed is, it is freeway legal, but just barely. The only interest I have in it is as a freeway ride, I already have 125cc scooters that work fine everywhere else. $3200 sounds cheap for something that could be ridden on the freeway, but not if it is going to get you killed. I do like the short, large diameter wheeled look. And it does have the advantages (to me) of a carbed engine and no ABS. I would love to trade my FI Zuma 125 for it, but I would lose a fortune.
These bikes are not power limited as to top speed, they are rpm limited. 72-73 GPS seems to be ballpark for a stocker. Dr Pulley sliders drop cruising rpm's slightly and should get you 75. That makes an honest 65 mph a comfortable cruising speed. My Citycom isn't much faster despite having 90cc more.
Phipsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 02:05 PM   #48
blugg1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 400
I have Dr. Pulley's sliders. Usually cruise at 72mph on the highway. I've had it up to 78mph. It has robust acceleration and feels more like 250cc's than 171cc's. I wouldn't be put off by the engine size.

However, as I just acquired a 2013 TU250x I'm going o sell the 2012 SYM HD200 EVO. Don't need two machines that do essentially the same thing.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:02 PM   #49
CMS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdmove View Post
It is a best buy in scootering. My negatives are 1. no kick starter as a backup. 2.It should be quicker and easier to check and add coolant. There is a small window in the plastic where you can see the coolant recovery tank, but it can be tough to see the fluid in it. It's not a big deal, but should be easier to access the filler cap on that tank. The positives far outweigh the negatives. The battery is quite easy to access. I have suggested this great scooter to people with no reservations.

Birdmove , I think the HD200 is possibily the best bike for you on the Island. It really fits in for your current riding style. A few years ago we got married and spent the honeymoon on your Island. We rented a Harley Fatboy and toured the whole place, really enjoyed it. Although the Harley for me, was to big /heavy and overkill for the rides we took. I think the 200 would have been far better for our purpose. I'm thinking of adding a Scoot to my stable, and I do like the Suzuki Burgman 200 thats ava this year. Really don't want a much larger engine than 250 and I want to keep the weight down. I like the looks of the Burg 200, it might be heavier than I would like,but will be doing some two up riding also. Whats your thoughts on the Burgman 200.

Did you see the lastest changes to the DR 200? Some restyle but really the same bike . It needs FI,six speed,disc brakes [all around] and water cooled. maybe next year. CMS
VSRI
CMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:35 AM   #50
Birdmove OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,675
I did see the "new" DR200. At least, I think it still comes with a big gas tank for a 200. Otherwise, it's the same bike with different cosmetics it seems.

The HD200 IS a perfect ride here all right. We have no dealers here for SYM, so, yesterday I ordered a new drive belt, rollers, and plastic index's from Ootey's scooters in California. The HD is at 12,000+ miles now, and I know belt time is coming.

I do want another dual sport, and that will happen soon, I hope. We'll keep the SYM HD200, and the Kymco People 150 though.
Birdmove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 01:52 PM   #51
blugg1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 400
Still for sale: $1600 firm. Hello, Jerry?