Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2013, 06:16 PM   #16
mud
I just wander.....

Oddometer: 1,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by emti View Post
The Pioneer and Six Day are desirable to those who like Ossas because they are towards the end of the line and fewer were produced.
^^^^ This ^^^^^^

But you are still not talking a big sum. The market for vintage endruos has softened over the past couple years. Husky's, KTM's, Penton's and Suzuki PE's, etc. are still bringing in OK money, but still about half compared to a couple of years ago..... (there is a sweet Husky WR390 on ebay right now with no bids at $1500, it would have pulled in almost double that three years ago).

I just saw a 77' Bultaco Fronterra that was in really nice shape go for under $1500. It was a runner, but a nice runner.

I think patience is going to be your friend, or just stick them on Ebay and see how it goes.

Oh and one more thing: GET THEM RUNNING!

mud screwed with this post 09-14-2013 at 06:22 PM
mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:54 AM   #17
roadholder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,355
A nice Mick Andrews Replica (at the Ormstown vintage off-road weekend a couple weeks ago) along with the genuine article.

roadholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:30 PM   #18
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,080
Good to see Mick still smiling. He was my hero back in my youth. He certainly is fun to have around, enjoying life!
lineaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:30 PM   #19
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 45,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo83 View Post
S.M.O.G is still active. And Alex Snoop is THE MAN when it comes to Ossa's, whether rebuilding or racing them. He's top notch at both.
Some pics from last years 3rd annual.

http://nachtflug.smugmug.com/Motorcy...8200&k=gcRjqN5

This past Saturday was the 4th annual.

(that not Alex)

Alex is a good guy and as devoted to the sport as anyone, more than most. He's really into the short track Ossa bikes. He's pushing 70 and still hauls ass in the woods the bastard can pass for 50. There is an Ossa museum of sorts in Massachusetts. They just had the 40th anniversary of the 1973 ISDT held in the Berkshires there. The museum is run by Jim Hollerich but he's not into computers too much. It's not all Ossa but mainly spanish bikes with some other euro bikes thrown in. Mostly 70's, some 60's. He's probably got 8-10 MAR bikes all restored in a row. Same with the Pioneers. As others have said they don't bring big money, anything close to a grand I'd take it but even then the condition would have to be better than average to get in the $1000 ball park. Supply and demand. Low supply, even lower demand.
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #20
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
S.M.O.G is still active. And Alex Snoop is THE MAN when it comes to Ossa's, whether rebuilding or racing them. He's top notch at both.
far left. green shirt. an Ossa shirt, what a surprise...

Old 09-17-2013, 05:39 PM   #21
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
Alex is a good guy and as devoted to the sport as anyone, more than most. He's really into the short track Ossa bikes.
one of his. shit they only made about 50 of these....

same bike. not Alex...he's old enough to know better.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:16 PM   #22
GP MX Fan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
The black VI Day is the most rare. I had one, put it together from parts starting with the bare frame and airbox. Sold it several years ago but regreat that move..... like all of the other awesome bikes that have passed thru my hands over the years.

2002 Heritage Softail Classic
1998 Honda CR250
1983 OSSA 303 Trials
and some other odds and ends...
GP MX Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:33 AM   #23
Gordo83
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
This is Gary Smith. Very fast on this Ossa, owned by Bob Bennett, or his own collection of CR 250 Honda's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
Some pics from last years 3rd annual.

http://nachtflug.smugmug.com/Motorcy...8200&k=gcRjqN5

This past Saturday was the 4th annual.

(that not Alex)

Alex is a good guy and as devoted to the sport as anyone, more than most. He's really into the short track Ossa bikes. He's pushing 70 and still hauls ass in the woods the bastard can pass for 50. There is an Ossa museum of sorts in Massachusetts. They just had the 40th anniversary of the 1973 ISDT held in the Berkshires there. The museum is run by Jim Hollerich but he's not into computers too much. It's not all Ossa but mainly spanish bikes with some other euro bikes thrown in. Mostly 70's, some 60's. He's probably got 8-10 MAR bikes all restored in a row. Same with the Pioneers. As others have said they don't bring big money, anything close to a grand I'd take it but even then the condition would have to be better than average to get in the $1000 ball park. Supply and demand. Low supply, even lower demand.
Gordo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:37 PM   #24
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
This is Gary Smith. Very fast on this Ossa, owned by Bob Bennett, or his own collection of CR 250 Honda's.
something tells me he's fast on anything he swings a leg over. freaking guy rode for hours on top of it.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:31 AM   #25
Thumpermeister
roost maker

Oddometer: 2,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadholder View Post
A nice Mick Andrews Replica (at the Ormstown vintage off-road weekend a couple weeks ago) along with the genuine article.
Same bike I believe with a Mick Andrews Replica Yamaha and a few others!

Thumpermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:05 PM   #26
AMG-USA.COM OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Beautiful MAR replica you have. I have the same one but mines needs a little love. I will post pics of mine in a bit.

I got the Six Day running and everyone at the track was having a blast. I just need a new throttle cable and it's going to be up for sale...

Got my MAR rep running but I need to clean the carbs better. Should be going in no time. :)
AMG-USA.COM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:54 PM   #27
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

It is very nice. Surprised in that condition that all the handle bar controls are not original and missing speedo. Funny though, no matter what. Those bikes do not run near as good as our memories think they did.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:02 PM   #28
Nodabs
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
I have a MAR speedo laying in my "Magazine" closet. I think it was the first thing we removed from them.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:50 PM   #29
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

First thing I did was put the `Pettys` on before ruining them fenders. The top picture looks like he added the plate holder after tweaking the fender.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:28 PM   #30
AMG-USA.COM OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
VI Day

http://s983.photobucket.com/user/amgusa_com/media/IMG_20130923_124914_zps23274d69.jpg.html
AMG-USA.COM is offline   Reply With Quote