Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 4.88 average. Display Modes
Old 09-16-2013, 08:44 PM   #1
Jeffy OP
Hmm...

Oddometer: 5,155
War Thunder

So, as to not clutter up the other thread with our stuff.

http://warthunder.com/

Click MENU>Squadrons... Then search for 'Adventure Rider' and ask for an invite.

=FYYFF= Adventure Squadron
  • MN_Smurf - Capt_Confusion
  • Jeffy - justjeff
  • Ebins - Ebins
  • tattewell - Fahugwagaads
  • tserts - tserts
  • YakSpout - YakSpout
  • Off the grid - Gravydog
  • Theaty Hannington - TheatyHannington
  • Bodwick - Bodwick
  • Roam - HeavyIndustry
  • Geek - MotoGeek
  • Dookie_Chunkz - TheMuffinMan
  • Audaciter - Audaciter675
  • IronBallsMcGinty -
  • ADVRafki - Rafiki
  • BigBird928 - BigBird928
  • JonU - JonathanU
  • Boughan - Boughan
  • DomEOD - DomEOD
  • eatpasta - eatpasta
  • Niemand - Okwaho
  • zuk16l - yg_flightmaster
  • hilljak - hilljak
  • Charlie Brown - Charlie_Bro21191
Not in Squadron:
  • yamag33k - YamaGeek
  • - CousinLarry
  • - Flood

We are using Geek's World of Tanks TS Server: adv.teamspeak3.com:9997 pw: fyyff

Information on how to set up TS3 (Teamspeak 3) and how to add everyone from the ADV Squaderon is on Page 5; http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=920389&page=5

The Game is available on Steam or you can get it from the Developer.

About the Game
War Thunder is a next generation MMO combat game dedicated to World War II military aviation, armored vehicles, and fleets. You will take part in all of the major combat battles, fighting with real players all over the world.

War Thunder offers a highly detailed and personalized aviation experience, giving players access to hundreds models of planes with detailed cockpits, dozens of upgradeable weapons, and flying skills that can be honed and improved with each mission. Thanks to the game’s painstaking attention to detail, you’ll truly feel like a World War II fighter pilot as you plunge into battle.

The genuine World War II experience isn’t limited to the skies. The massive historical battles featured in War Thunder cannot be fought by aviation alone, so the game will also expose players to combat on land and at sea. Currently the game is in open beta stage and full functionality is yet to come.
Features Include
Varied PvP-experiences set in full-scale combat missions
Multiple settings options allow advanced virtual pilots and beginners to enjoy playing the game together
Rich PvE content: dynamic campaigns, solo missions, mission editor, and much more for single-player and cooperative gameplay
Impressive diversity includes detailed models of planes and their cockpits, as well as tanks and ships
Astonishing graphics, authentic sound effects, and beautiful music
System Requirements

Minimum:
  • OS: Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista SP1, Windows 7, Windows 8
  • Processor: 2,2 GHz
  • Memory: 1 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 7XXX series or higher; AMD Radeon 1XXX series or higher
  • DirectX: Version 9.0c
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Hard Drive: 8 GB available space

Jeffy screwed with this post 11-17-2013 at 08:32 PM
Jeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:18 PM   #2
YakSpout
Obstacle Allusion

Oddometer: 5,857
YakSpout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:42 PM   #3
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Oddometer: 10,478

Off the grid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:47 AM   #4
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,703
I have had it for a while....just can't get the hang of it.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:48 AM   #5
KHJPHOTO
Old Man and the Road

Oddometer: 644
 photo CorsairAceSample_zps2b9b896a.jpg

photo JU-52SAMPLE_zps2e2a96c8.jpg
IBA #27356
BMW Mileage Award 300,000 and adding to it

www.khjphotography.com
KHJPHOTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:49 AM   #6
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Wow, marathon session tonight playing on the n00b servers.

I think I'm level 5, but I have no idea what that means. I enjoy flying level 1-2 planes, and I like the Russian stuff. I went on a level 6-7 server and got smoked.

My favorite plane by far is my fully-tweaked out I-16 type 18 Ishak. I was routinely at the top of the leaderboards with that plane. And if my backups were down, I went to my maxed-out Zhutcovsky Biplane.

Man, Biplanes are fun as hell but totally different to fly. I'm getting the hang of ammo conservation, but rockets are still hard as hell to hit anything not on the ground.

IMO, they have to make bombers more "viable" I bombed the shit out of a few airfields after flying for almost 5 mins to get there and got nothing for my trouble but a few spitfires on my ass.

Great game. Time for bed.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:13 AM   #7
tserts
Praise San Irritrack

Oddometer: 2,565
Oh, a dedicated thread for a game? I think that's a first in here...

Anyway, I will try to log in tonight, I have no idea how the squadron thing works, I just logged in last night, found and applied for membership and left since I had to do some work..

It's true that the game requires some reading and learning about every plane is mandatory, I have been looking for red spots on the map alone but I will try to get past that and try to pick targets based on their plane type as well...

I think I'm lvl1 or early lvl2 in main and lvl 1 in Soviets, I will check it out later... I have my previous gaming PC at work, which is still quite capable so I might install it here as well (I will probably go out of business but fuck it)..
Peloponnese Peninsula on two Africa Twins
9 countries in 15 days - Tserts.eu
tserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:17 AM   #8
MN_Smurf
Capt_Confusion

Oddometer: 2,439
For you guys that have seen me grabbing airfield captures at high speed during Domination missions.....this video shows an important key to how it's done. You'll want to look at the description on the YouTube page for full details.

Using the right aircraft is important as well. Spitfires don't speed cap well due to the landing gear configuration....Hurricanes, P-40's, LAGG-3's are all easy to pull this off with.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:28 AM   #9
Theaty Hannington
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,218
Total Noob applied for membership! I want a Catalina.

"Everyone who isn't playing your tank in that round knows how to play it better." - Morgue
Theaty Hannington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:16 PM   #10
tserts
Praise San Irritrack

Oddometer: 2,565
It's amazing how many 30+ minute tutorial videos have been made, it's even more amazing that they have so many views...

The game certainly requires involvement from the players...
Peloponnese Peninsula on two Africa Twins
9 countries in 15 days - Tserts.eu
tserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #11
Jeffy OP
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserts View Post
Oh, a dedicated thread for a game? I think that's a first in here...

Anyway, I will try to log in tonight, I have no idea how the squadron thing works, I just logged in last night, found and applied for membership and left since I had to do some work..

It's true that the game requires some reading and learning about every plane is mandatory, I have been looking for red spots on the map alone but I will try to get past that and try to pick targets based on their plane type as well...

I think I'm lvl1 or early lvl2 in main and lvl 1 in Soviets, I will check it out later... I have my previous gaming PC at work, which is still quite capable so I might install it here as well (I will probably go out of business but fuck it)..
There's a World of Tanks Thread that's been around for a while. Those Russian ground attack planes are deadly. I'm always running from them. They have great offensive weapons early on and can out turn you in a dog fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserts View Post
It's amazing how many 30+ minute tutorial videos have been made, it's even more amazing that they have so many views...

The game certainly requires involvement from the players...
Some are a bit tedious though. If you're a WWII buff then it does help. Just got to remember what you're flying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the grid View Post
Wow, marathon session tonight playing on the n00b servers.

I think I'm level 5, but I have no idea what that means. I enjoy flying level 1-2 planes, and I like the Russian stuff. I went on a level 6-7 server and got smoked.

My favorite plane by far is my fully-tweaked out I-16 type 18 Ishak. I was routinely at the top of the leaderboards with that plane. And if my backups were down, I went to my maxed-out Zhutcovsky Biplane.

Man, Biplanes are fun as hell but totally different to fly. I'm getting the hang of ammo conservation, but rockets are still hard as hell to hit anything not on the ground.

IMO, they have to make bombers more "viable" I bombed the shit out of a few airfields after flying for almost 5 mins to get there and got nothing for my trouble but a few spitfires on my ass.

Great game. Time for bed.
I found 0-1 games to be harder then 1-2. I think it may have been because of the higher lvl players jumping into their fully modded reserve planes. You can easily spot them, they're like sharks circling in the valleys. Check you stats for me. Next to your name at the Menu screen is a number. Click that and it should tell you your Country lvl as well. If you've been playing only one faction can you tell me if your Overall XP is the same as your Country XP? Mine isn't which seems strange. I think it's about 4-1.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:48 PM   #12
MN_Smurf
Capt_Confusion

Oddometer: 2,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theaty Hannington View Post
Total Noob applied for membership! I want a Catalina.
I'll get you approved when I get home from work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
I think it may have been because of the higher lvl players jumping into their fully modded reserve planes. You can easily spot them, they're like sharks circling in the valleys.
Kind of like me when we were playing last night.....
Old 09-17-2013, 12:56 PM   #13
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
There's a World of Tanks Thread that's been around for a while. Those Russian ground attack planes are deadly. I'm always running from them. They have great offensive weapons early on and can out turn you in a dog fight.

Some are a bit tedious though. If you're a WWII buff then it does help. Just got to remember what you're flying.

I found 0-1 games to be harder then 1-2. I think it may have been because of the higher lvl players jumping into their fully modded reserve planes. You can easily spot them, they're like sharks circling in the valleys. Check you stats for me. Next to your name at the Menu screen is a number. Click that and it should tell you your Country lvl as well. If you've been playing only one faction can you tell me if your Overall XP is the same as your Country XP? Mine isn't which seems strange. I think it's about 4-1.
I think you gain levels based on what country you are flying for and what plane you are flying. I'm lvl 4 Russian, lvl 3 American, which is weird because I've played Russian MUCH more than American.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:46 PM   #14
Jeffy OP
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
I'll get you approved when I get home from work.

Kind of like me when we were playing last night.....
I found a new trick that has helped me get away after a ground run a few times. Fly as low and as fast as you can. A lot of the noobs can't fly the contour of the maps and they have a short window with an angle of attack from above. I've either ran away or caused them to crash into something as they try to follow me. Wish I could get points for that.

Another thing I've noticed is how can a Spitfire be in a 1-2 game when it's a 4?

Oh and one more thing. I see some planes that say Gift and can only be unlocked if I purchase a special item. Does that mean if I buy a package they will all unlock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the grid View Post
I think you gain levels based on what country you are flying for and what plane you are flying. I'm lvl 4 Russian, lvl 3 American, which is weird because I've played Russian MUCH more than American.
I'm not sure what's up with it. Though I can see that the Premium accounts really accelerate your XP. You just started playing last night didn't you?
Old 09-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #15
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 10,214
oh crap...... Ive been a huge Battlefield 1942 fan since it came out and still play it. I might have to get this
Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: