Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.71 average. Display Modes
Old 09-20-2013, 11:47 AM   #61
Jeffy OP
Hmm...

Oddometer: 4,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserts View Post
I played some germans last night, I noticed that I am already better, in the noob Stalingrad map, I was 1st most of the time and 2nd at the very least in my team. The amazing thing is that you face other players so the "AI" is very interesting...

So how does the squadron thing work? I setup the in-game chat last night, although I can't really be shouting while playing as there are people sleeping not that far away, but I guess some basic talking would be possible... Where can I see which one of you is online and how do we hook up on the battles? I guess same server, same tier decks and same nation goes without saying. But then what? Will we seed in the same battle automatically? I will log on the US server next time around and see what happens...
We have been using Teamspeak 3 for comms.

The Server info is on the first page.

You should see a screen like this though. Click Connections and a window will pop up. Plug in the Server info and Password and your Nickname.

Once you do that and Connect it should look like this; We're at the bottom do click War Thunder and you should be GTG. Oh and once you connect, you might want to add the Server info to your Bookmarks so it's saved. Otherwise if you switch TS3 servers you'll have to enter it back in each time. If it's your only TS3 server then you don't really have to as it will remember your info from the last time you connected.

So first go to MENU and click Squadron. Then add everyone as a friend.

It should look like this;

Once that's done you can then close that window. Go to the People Icon next to MENU and scroll down to Friends.

If someone's in Green they are online. You can Right-Click their name and Invite them to a game. A new CHAT window will open up and those who accepted the invite will be listed. When the little icon next to their name turns green they are ready to go and you can then start the game.

The tier of the mission will be dependent on the highest lvl plane in the squadron. So if you only have tier 2-3 and someone else has 4-5, you will play at tier 4-5.

Jeffy screwed with this post 09-20-2013 at 11:54 AM
Jeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:52 AM   #62
Jeffy OP
Hmm...

Looks like there's a sale on Column 1 Russian planes today. So that's all of the Yak's.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:56 AM   #63
YakSpout
Obstacle Allusion

Oddometer: 5,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
Looks like there's a sale on Column 1 Russian planes today. So that's all of the Yak's.
YakSpout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:23 PM   #64
Jeffy OP
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakSpout View Post
All the Yak's belong to youz?

Jeffy screwed with this post 09-20-2013 at 12:55 PM
Jeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:43 PM   #65
Jeffy OP
Hmm...

Ok, after some playing I figured out why the overall XP doesn't match the Country XP. The game gives you random XP for logging back in and that's where the mismatch comes from.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:12 PM   #66
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Oddometer: 9,527
Few quick, fun fights tonight. Now that I'm part of a team, gotta be more mission-oriented rather than a vulture that focuses on "defense".

Welcome to the squad, Heavy!
Help my buddy mike fight kidney Cancer. Anything helps!
Off the grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:29 PM   #67
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,185
I would like to extend an invite to you all. If you are in the FYYFF WOT Team Speak, and you are the only one in the War Thunder room like Jeffy is in the picture he posted, stop in and chat with us in one of the other rooms. We don't bite, atleast not hard, and sometimes it is nice to have someone new to chat with.

also if you are having a problem logging into the TS, or any issue with the TS for that matter, give Geek a pm on here and if you want you can send me a pm also, we can get you hooked up.

I may have to download this game and give it a try... all this talk makes it sound interesting, though I probably would have a hitman hired by my wife if I did...
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:37 PM   #68
Jeffy OP
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post
I would like to extend an invite to you all. If you are in the FYYFF WOT Team Speak, and you are the only one in the War Thunder room like Jeffy is in the picture he posted, stop in and chat with us in one of the other rooms. We don't bite, atleast not hard, and sometimes it is nice to have someone new to chat with.

also if you are having a problem logging into the TS, or any issue with the TS for that matter, give Geek a pm on here and if you want you can send me a pm also, we can get you hooked up.

I may have to download this game and give it a try... all this talk makes it sound interesting, though I probably would have a hitman hired by my wife if I did...
Hahah, sorry I didn't hang around and say, 'Hi'. I was taking screen caps and was jumping in and out.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:47 PM   #69
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,185
Quote:
Hahah, sorry I didn't hang around and say, 'Hi'. I was taking screen caps and was jumping in and out.
Yeah yeah.... you just didn't want to tell us we were stinking up the place...
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:42 PM   #70
tserts
Praise San Irritrack

Oddometer: 2,549
I hadn't installed TS in ages, 28Mb installation, it used to be tiny... Anyhow, just verifying that everything works as it should, I connected without issues...

I will probably not be able to play this weekend, but we'll see...
Peloponnese Peninsula on two Africa Twins
9 countries in 15 days - Tserts.eu
tserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:26 PM   #71
Jeffy OP
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserts View Post
I hadn't installed TS in ages, 28Mb installation, it used to be tiny... Anyhow, just verifying that everything works as it should, I connected without issues...

I will probably not be able to play this weekend, but we'll see...
I thought you were going to say Roger Wilco... Those were the days...
Old 09-21-2013, 11:06 PM   #72
YakSpout
Obstacle Allusion

Oddometer: 5,593
Quote:
I thought you were going to say Roger Wilco... Those were the days...
I remember having 3 buddies at my house sharing my ISDN line and we'd use a speakerphone call to another buddy to get our clan together for QuakeCTF. LOL
YakSpout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:42 PM   #73
Jeffy OP
Hmm...

Anyone else having PC crashes? All of a sudden I've been having crashes. I think they're GFX related as I monitor the cards (560 Ti SLI) I see app (Evga Precision) crash and the computer freeze. I tried reinstalling the nvidia drivers, 327.23 but no go. I rolled the drivers back to 326.41 and still no go. So now I've uninstalled War Thunder and am re-installing it. Threw out the old folder as well. I don't think the build got changed since I installed it but I haven't paid much attention to that.

It's driving me crazy as it was working fine yesterday and this morning.

Oh and if anyone else is playing, post your game name and I'll add it to the list.

Roam, you needs to turn on the in-game chat. Can't message him in-game. or else join the ADV Squadron.

Oh and I also noticed the TS3 server got cleaned up. I guess someone decided to air it out and give the different rooms names that were more understandable to those who haven't been there before. It looks good.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:32 AM   #74
tserts
Praise San Irritrack

Oddometer: 2,549
I will probably fly out tonight, I did some work on the weekend so I will treat myself to a couple of hours of gaming...

I'm GMT+2 so late at night I might catch some of the US eastern squadies on line...
Peloponnese Peninsula on two Africa Twins
9 countries in 15 days - Tserts.eu
tserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:33 AM   #75
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Oddometer: 9,527
I'm on!
Help my buddy mike fight kidney Cancer. Anything helps!
Off the grid is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: