Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.71 average. Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 12:36 AM   #76
tserts
Praise San Irritrack

Oddometer: 2,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the grid View Post
I'm on!
Yeah, it's 10.35 am Monday morning here... I don't think I can join you..
Peloponnese Peninsula on two Africa Twins
9 countries in 15 days - Tserts.eu
tserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:36 AM   #77
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 9,843
got to play for a few hours yesterday as the wife napped and starting to get the hang of it.
I never noticed the whole experience/currency situation where you can buy planes and upgrade.... man did THAT help....certainly adds a whole other dimension to play and now I see where people are getting Zero's!

Anyways, managed to shoot a few guys down on purpose and upgrade a bit. got my first bomber and its on!
Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:55 PM   #78
Jeffy OP
Hmm...

Oddometer: 4,902
Well, I think I got it working again. My guess is that the game is still buggy and does not have SLI/Crossfire support. I typically get only one card doing the majority of the work. If I turn off SLI, I get almost the same FPS.

If you're hurting for FPS, I suggest turning off some of the FX's by clicking the cog when you're on the START page. You can turn off Lens Flare, Motion Blur and maybe even Haze and get a few frames back.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:13 PM   #79
Jeffy OP
Hmm...

With a little luck I got it. The stupid thing is when it resets it throws you back in the air instead of letting you take off.

Old 09-23-2013, 04:15 PM   #80
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,185
Team Speak Server Maintenance

There will be two planned maintenance events within the next three days.

Tuesday September 24th (Tonight) between 1:00AM EST to 9:00AM EST there will be a hardware maintenance with our provider. There may be a downtime up to 30 minutes during this timeframe.

Thursday September 26th between 1:00AM EST to 9:00AM EST there will be a network maintenance with our provider. There will be a downtime up to 60 minutes during this timeframe.

Figured I would post this over here so you all see it too, as you can use the TS also.
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #81
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Oddometer: 9,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
With a little luck I got it. The stupid thing is when it resets it throws you back in the air instead of letting you take off.

Did...did you land a bomber on a carrier?

Jesus my BB-1 takes about 1000' of space to stop. I hope there's some sort of arresting hook/cable on there.
Help my buddy mike fight kidney Cancer. Anything helps!
Off the grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #82
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,120
I really have to start recording all my battles. I just had two very nice runs for wins. The second one was a single plane, 10 ground kill, 7 air kill mission.....

Really pisses me off when I'm trying to get xp on multiple planes, and I only get to get one of them in the air.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:16 PM   #83
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
I really have to start recording all my battles. I just had two very nice runs for wins. The second one was a single plane, 10 ground kill, 7 air kill mission.....

Really pisses me off when I'm trying to get xp on multiple planes, and I only get to get one of them in the air.
That is a hellva run, mate!

I'm pretty streaky myself...but I usually find myself at the top 3 of the leaderboards. I'm finding myself bombing more and more and focusing on objectives than just getting kills.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #84
Jeffy OP
Hmm...

Quote:
Did...did you land a bomber on a carrier?

Jesus my BB-1 takes about 1000' of space to stop. I hope there's some sort of arresting hook/cable on there.
Yup, stopped it without an arresting hook. I'm not sure if I would have been able to take off if I started at the rear of the deck. There's no way to rev the engine while holding the brakes and the Avenger seems to barely have enough room to take off. You basically have to glide it in then power up to get altitude and cutting power as you climb over the deck to stall it.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #85
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Wow, the US planes just flat-out suck at low lvl. (0-1)

Gonna stick with the Germans for 0-1 and the Russians for 2-3.
Not ready for the higher lvls yet.

Starting to love bombing with the Catalina. 4 1000lb bombs do a lot of damage!
Old 09-23-2013, 07:37 PM   #86
Jeffy OP
Hmm...

Quote:
Wow, the US planes just flat-out suck at low lvl. (0-1)

Gonna stick with the Germans for 0-1 and the Russians for 2-3.
Not ready for the higher lvls yet.

Starting to love bombing with the Catalina. 4 1000lb bombs do a lot of damage!
Yeah, the US wouldn't be my first choice. If you want to really rack up XP then start with the Russians. Although I've heard the Developer has a bias since as they are Russian. US is pretty weak early on. When other countries give you two 20mm cannons at lvl 4 you're still stuck with two 30's and two 50's. The first plane with a 20mm on the US side is the P-39 and that's a lvl6. It has two 50's as well. For comparison, a British Beaufighter is lvl 5 and has four 20mm's, six 50's and one 30.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:30 AM   #87
tserts
Praise San Irritrack

Oddometer: 2,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post

Turn on auto saves for your battles, it's in the settings. After a session, delete the ones you want to forget and rename the good ones to distinguish them.

I tried to move to lvl 2-3 germans, I'm back in the middle of the pack at the end of the battle.. Of course the planes are bare stock but it's clear that the players are much more experienced...
Peloponnese Peninsula on two Africa Twins
9 countries in 15 days - Tserts.eu
tserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:12 AM   #88
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

I've got the replays on, but War Thunder's replay system leaves a lot to be desired. I can capture it live without a performance hit, I just have to remember to turn on my recording software. I'll probably still go back and capture those two if I get a chance in the next couple of days. The following vid was recorded live....no frame rate hit noticed at all.

Old 09-24-2013, 03:42 AM   #89
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

One of my better runs tonight. I usually start out with the Catalina or BB-1 (depending on the mission) then switch to the I-153 or LaGG-3 to help out with fighters/attacking aircraft.

My current Russian 2-3 setup is pretty sweet. I'm maxed out in everything except for BB-1 XP. It's a bit like seal-clubbing at times.
Having rockets on all my fighters helps out a lot, and I've learned to use the OPed cannon in the LaGG to great effect.

Question...I saw a Spitfire twice tonight in a 2-3 game. How is that allowed? I mean the fkn Hurricanes are bad enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserts View Post
Turn on auto saves for your battles, it's in the settings. After a session, delete the ones you want to forget and rename the good ones to distinguish them.

I tried to move to lvl 2-3 germans, I'm back in the middle of the pack at the end of the battle.. Of course the planes are bare stock but it's clear that the players are much more experienced...
I don't have any experience with higher, but 2-3 is pretty sweet. It's well-balanced, plane-wise and while you have some skilled players there, there's still enough n00bs to not be on the edge of your seat all the time. Plus, people actually go for the objective in 2-3 and the action is faster-paced. One thing I've noticed is a lot of bird-dogging going on, people that are afraid to break away from the pack. I usually counter that with my LaGG which is faster than most for some hit and run.

In 0-1 you start out so friggin far apart, it takes forever to engage at Biplane speed. Plus people are ramming you, it's n00b city. Fun, but fights can take forever.

Off the grid screwed with this post 09-24-2013 at 03:48 AM
Old 09-24-2013, 03:57 AM   #90
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Question...I saw a Spitfire twice tonight in a 2-3 game. How is that allowed? I mean the fkn Hurricanes are bad enough.
Just because you're only running 2-3 doesn't mean that's all you're going to see......the Spitfire Mk 1 is only rank 5 and only carries machine guns. Your LaGG-3-11 is more than a match when flown right, especially when it's fully upgraded. That I-153 in your lineup....well, just turn inside him and stay there.

Keep in mind that with the way this game is balanced, anybody can shoot down anybody. If you can use your plane's strengths to get an advantage over the other guy, you can drop him.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: