Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.82 average. Display Modes
Old 09-24-2013, 02:30 PM   #91
Jeffy OP
Hmm...

Oddometer: 5,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
Just because you're only running 2-3 doesn't mean that's all you're going to see......the Spitfire Mk 1 is only rank 5 and only carries machine guns. Your LaGG-3-11 is more than a match when flown right, especially when it's fully upgraded. That I-153 in your lineup....well, just turn inside him and stay there.

Keep in mind that with the way this game is balanced, anybody can shoot down anybody. If you can use your plane's strengths to get an advantage over the other guy, you can drop him.
I'm guessing he's seeing what I've seen. He's selecting a 2-3 tier game and is seeing 4-5 tier planes in it. I've seen this happen over and over again. I think the game is not only looking at the tier of your planes but your actual country LVL. I was playing a 0-1 tier and when I was Lvl 1 it was ok. When I got to LVL 2 but still flying 0-1 planes I started seeing Tier 2 planes. Actually this last game, I was flying a Gladiator (1) and only had two Nimrods and and a Fury in my hanger and was up against a bunch of Hurricanes. It's a bit frustrating when you want to fly against people in the same class planes. Then when you play a Tier 2-3, you get to see Tier 4-5 planes...

I should add that I unlocked the Blenheim MK IV and it's pretty tough for a Tier 2. It's way more powerful then anything in the US that's in the same tier. I shot down or more specifically, the AI shot down three planes while I concentrated on a bomb run. You have to wait for the A-20 which has more guns but you have to wait till tier 5.

Jeffy screwed with this post 09-24-2013 at 03:06 PM
Jeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:24 PM   #92
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Oddometer: 9,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
I'm guessing he's seeing what I've seen. He's selecting a 2-3 tier game and is seeing 4-5 tier planes in it. I've seen this happen over and over again. I think the game is not only looking at the tier of your planes but your actual country LVL. I was playing a 0-1 tier and when I was Lvl 1 it was ok. When I got to LVL 2 but still flying 0-1 planes I started seeing Tier 2 planes. Actually this last game, I was flying a Gladiator (1) and only had two Nimrods and and a Fury in my hanger and was up against a bunch of Hurricanes. It's a bit frustrating when you want to fly against people in the same class planes. Then when you play a Tier 2-3, you get to see Tier 4-5 planes...

I should add that I unlocked the Blenheim MK IV and it's pretty tough for a Tier 2. It's way more powerful then anything in the US that's in the same tier. I shot down or more specifically, the AI shot down three planes while I concentrated on a bomb run. You have to wait for the A-20 which has more guns but you have to wait till tier 5.
There has got to be some sort of tier or ranking system they use. I swapped out my maxed-out I-16 Ishak for a bone-stock lvl 4 MiG and it put me into the 4-5 que. I would imagine it might be based on pilot lvl, plane mods, plane XP, etc. But who knows, really?

Believe me, I'm not complaining. I'm sure my tweaked-out LaGG 3-11 is a way better plane than a bone stock Spitfire. But a fully-tweaked Spitfire in 2-3 shouldn't happen, imo.
Help my buddy mike fight kidney Cancer. Anything helps!
Off the grid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:41 PM   #93
Jeffy OP
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the grid View Post
There has got to be some sort of tier or ranking system they use. I swapped out my maxed-out I-16 Ishak for a bone-stock lvl 4 MiG and it put me into the 4-5 que. I would imagine it might be based on pilot lvl, plane mods, plane XP, etc. But who knows, really?

Believe me, I'm not complaining. I'm sure my tweaked-out LaGG 3-11 is a way better plane than a bone stock Spitfire. But a fully-tweaked Spitfire in 2-3 shouldn't happen, imo.
It's generally though that the highest tier plane sets your playing tier. So if you have a tier 4 Mig then you should be in Tier 4-5 no matter what tier your other planes are. That's to be expected. What I was talking about is having all 0-1 Tier planes and going into a tier 0-1 game but seeing 2-3's in game. This happened when I moved from LVL1 to LVL2. I've also seen it happen when I play a tier 4-5 and see tier 6-7 planes in game. So I think it takes into account your country lvl as well as the plane tier you choose.

On a side note, I'm really liking the Hurricane and the Blenheim MK IV. They're both Tier 2's but they are pretty tough. More so then any of my US tier 2's.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:55 PM   #94
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Oddometer: 9,987
Quote:
It's generally though that the highest tier plane sets your playing tier. So if you have a tier 4 Mig then you should be in Tier 4-5 no matter what tier your other planes are. That's to be expected. What I was talking about is having all 0-1 Tier planes and going into a tier 0-1 game but seeing 2-3's in game. This happened when I moved from LVL1 to LVL2. I've also seen it happen when I play a tier 4-5 and see tier 6-7 planes in game. So I think it takes into account your country lvl as well as the plane tier you choose.

On a side note, I'm really liking the Hurricane and the Blenheim MK IV. They're both Tier 2's but they are pretty tough. More so then any of my US tier 2's.
Yeah, those 8 .30cals on the Hurricane suuuuck, especially when I'm on my I-153.
Help my buddy mike fight kidney Cancer. Anything helps!
Off the grid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:38 PM   #95
Jeffy OP
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the grid View Post
Yeah, those 8 .30cals on the Hurricane suuuuck, especially when I'm on my I-153.
The Hurricane MKI is a tier 1 has 8 and the MKII has 12 and is a tier 3. Both are way better then the P-36 and P-40 on the US side.

I'm making better progress with my British planes then I did with my US. I just unlocked the MKII and the Beaufort. The Beauhiem is a beast for a tier 2. It has one crappy 30 cal you control and a 2x 30 turret up top. The one rear facing chin gun is strange but effective. I've let the AI take down plane after plane while I fly and drop bombs.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #96
Roam
If you want to

Oddometer: 1,036
Stupid game. My track ir should be arriving any day now.

Roam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:57 PM   #97
tattewell
Mad Poser

Oddometer: 756
Quote:
The Hurricane MKI is a tier 1 has 8 and the MKII has 12 and is a tier 3. Both are way better then the P-36 and P-40 on the US side.

I'm making better progress with my British planes then I did with my US. I just unlocked the MKII and the Beaufort. The Beauhiem is a beast for a tier 2. It has one crappy 30 cal you control and a 2x 30 turret up top. The one rear facing chin gun is strange but effective. I've let the AI take down plane after plane while I fly and drop bombs.
I think the Brits get you into the best planes early.. if you like the Beaufighter, wait until you get the Mk X... it's a monster.
tattewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:57 PM   #98
Jeffy OP
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roam View Post
Stupid game. My track ir should be arriving any day now.
You can use that with ARMA 3... Just saying.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:09 PM   #99
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 10,168
Quote:
What I was talking about is having all 0-1 Tier planes and going into a tier 0-1 game but seeing 2-3's in game. This happened when I moved from LVL1 to LVL2. I've also seen it happen when I play a tier 4-5 and see tier 6-7 planes in game. So I think it takes into account your country lvl as well as the plane tier you choose.
yeah.....I experience a lot of this as well. Last night I was getting shot down all over the place by P-51's in my crappy bi-plane. It's next to impossible to shoot one down, let alone catch one.
Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #100
Jeffy OP
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatpasta View Post
yeah.....I experience a lot of this as well. Last night I was getting shot down all over the place by P-51's in my crappy bi-plane. It's next to impossible to shoot one down, let alone catch one.
I don't know why but my plane, it doesn't matter what I'm in, always seems slower then everyone else.

Luckily, I'm not high enough to unlock the P-51's which don't seem that heavily armed compared to the Brits, Germans, Russians.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:14 PM   #101
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,290
Quote:
Unless you were in historical battles, you shouldn't be seeing P-51's with biplanes.....and probably not even then...
Old 09-25-2013, 02:25 PM   #102
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
Unless you were in historical battles, you shouldn't be seeing P-51's with biplanes.....and probably not even then...
nope, just training up on arcade mode. I am a level three and I have something slightly better than the base plane.... but not much better
Quote:
Old 09-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #103
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Quote:
I don't know why but my plane, it doesn't matter what I'm in, always seems slower then everyone else.
I thought the same thing last night while I was playing till I realized that I was holding down S and my plane was falling out of the sky

Quote:
Old 09-25-2013, 02:57 PM   #104
YakSpout
Obstacle Allusion

Oddometer: 5,727
Quote:
nope, just training up on arcade mode. I am a level three and I have something slightly better than the base plane.... but not much better
I'd love to see a screenshot of that. The P-51 is a 13th level plane. I'm flying 6th level planes (P-39) and haven't seen one in the air yet.
YakSpout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #105
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakSpout View Post
I'd love to see a screenshot of that. The P-51 is a 13th level plane. I'm flying 6th level planes (P-39) and haven't seen one in the air yet.
ill try to get one the next time I play
Quote:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: