Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2013, 03:03 AM   #76
scootac
Just a Traveler

Oddometer: 2,813
Good news indeed!!!
Thanks for keeping us all posted.
By the sounds of her,,, she's going to be a good example of how important a PMA is.
Good Luck keeping up with her!

Don't beat yourself up, don't let her beat herself up either. Put it in the past and keep looking forward.

'81 R100RT, '04 ST 1300, '02 DR 650
scootac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:47 AM   #77
Stromius
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
Prayers and speedy recovery

Past: 1969 Yamaha CT1, CL125, KLR 650 Barbie
Present:
Stromius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:25 AM   #78
SxyRdr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 331
Glad to hear she's out of ICU.

More positive vibes and best wishes coming her way.
SxyRdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #79
RedShark
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebox View Post
. I want the judge to sentnece her to look at a picture of Lauries face in the ICU every morning she gets in her car for the rest of her life.
First, 'm glad to hear MTgirl is making positive strides toward recovery - that is great news

Second, I'm with you on the 'recompense' action - drivers doing this (and worse) to us is just out of hand - they simply MUST be made to be accountable for the devastating harm their careless driving creates

Third, - don't grill yourself too badly over it being YOUR fault - I've lived with a similar grief for 8 years now and it's just not healthy - YOU didn't put that van in her path, your introduction of motorcycling cannot be blamed - if she loved riding then you weren't the bad guy here.
RedShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:52 PM   #80
rico2072
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 314
Really glad to hear!
Old 09-24-2013, 02:42 AM   #81
Jake Mountain
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 446
Thoughts and prayers for you both
Old 09-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #82
RidingAgin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 392
Just read this, I am glad she made it thru the surgery and is out of ICU.

Prayers for healing and recovery.

:-D
Old 09-26-2013, 05:22 AM   #83
icebox OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 988
Rehab

In 36 hours Laurie moved from a standard hospital room to the in Hospital Rehab floor. Trachea tube is out, but has to heal on it's own, which makes it difficult for her to talk, never mind the jaw wired shut. IV comes out today, most of the sticthes will go today and tomorrow. But no weight bearing on the right leg for ten weeks for the broken pelvis. Scary watching the cognative testing to establish a base line for improvement, this is a gal who has worked on main frame setup for Honeywell, for Cummins as a private contractor, and a bunch of other big stuff writing the pirmary software operating codes. Some pretty basic math was tough yesterday. Doctors say don't be to concerned as we are only about ten days out from the initial impact. At least she recognizes me and can smile.Thanks for your thoughts and prayers
Old 09-26-2013, 06:10 AM   #84
scootac
Just a Traveler

Oddometer: 2,813
Quote:
At least she recognizes me and can smile.
That has to be priceless right there!!!
From what you described in your first post,,, she's made a lot of progress already!!!

'81 R100RT, '04 ST 1300, '02 DR 650
scootac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:39 AM   #85
SxyRdr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 331
Quote:
Some pretty basic math was tough yesterday. Doctors say don't be to concerned as we are only about ten days out from the initial impact. At least she recognizes me and can smile.Thanks for your thoughts and prayers
Give it and her time... her brain took a hard hit. It needs to heal.

More positivity coming her way.
SxyRdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:42 AM   #86
Cuttle
me? what?

Oddometer: 10,061
Quote:
In 36 hours Laurie moved from a standard hospital room to the in Hospital Rehab floor. Trachea tube is out, but has to heal on it's own, which makes it difficult for her to talk, never mind the jaw wired shut. IV comes out today, most of the sticthes will go today and tomorrow. But no weight bearing on the right leg for ten weeks for the broken pelvis. Scary watching the cognative testing to establish a base line for improvement, this is a gal who has worked on main frame setup for Honeywell, for Cummins as a private contractor, and a bunch of other big stuff writing the pirmary software operating codes. Some pretty basic math was tough yesterday. Doctors say don't be to concerned as we are only about ten days out from the initial impact. At least she recognizes me and can smile.Thanks for your thoughts and prayers

patience, lots of patience for both of you - that's all I can say. She will be frustrated at times, maybe angry or depressed because she will realize that simple thought processes are not as simple anymore.... but it will improve over time. Trust me, it will.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:06 AM   #87
DC2wheels
Castle Anthrax troll

Oddometer: 2,177
Keep the good news coming!

Eyes on the prize.
http://k11og.org/forum/index.php world-wide K bike forum

DC2wheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:18 AM   #88
mcstark
Oilhead convert

Oddometer: 965
Positive mojo headed your way from Western NY.

2003 BMW R1150GS
mcstark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:37 PM   #89
dirtrulz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 472
were you riding another bike behind her? I would almost rather be the one in the accident than have to watch it happen and be able to do nothing. It is awesome that she seems to be improving fairly quickly.

Would be interesting to see the helmet to see how it allowed so much damage to be done.
dirtrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:26 PM   #90
icebox OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtrulz View Post
were you riding another bike behind her? I would almost rather be the one in the accident than have to watch it happen and be able to do nothing. It is awesome that she seems to be improving fairly quickly.

Would be interesting to see the helmet to see how it allowed so much damage to be done.
I was not riding behind her, she was going from West to Bozeman on a Monday morning, I was working. When the Blazer pulled across her path it apppears that she veered to the right to try and avoid as the collision occured almost at the fog line. She never rides over there, and witnesses appear to confirm there was an attempt at avoidance according to the MT Highway Patrol. The forehead portion of the helemt struck the area just above the passengers window, the faceshield has a black streak at nose level where the window gasket is at the top of the window frame, if you think about the opening in a full face helmet and draw a straight line through the the facial opening, a straight steel edge like the edge of a window can penetrate this space. It was this door frame edge that did the damage to her nose and cheek bones. The sudden stop caused a subarachnoid hemmorage, I will get the helmet back, but only after charges are filed and the case has gone to court. Until then it is evidence in a criminal case. Today was a bit of a step back because her albumen? was low in her blood. My understanding is albumen affects your bodies ability to use fluids. I am learning way more about the technical aspects of the human body than I ever wanted to.