User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2013, 05:41 PM   #1
kltk1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 159
BMS-billmayer-saddles.com group buy 2013-14

Update: 10/5/2013: Heard from Rocky Mayer yesterday and due to the demand of orders placed BMS needs to close the group buy early. The group buy is going to close on Wednesday 10/9. Please get your orders in soon before the group buy window closes.

Update: 9/25/2013: We've reached enough confirmations that Bill has decided to begin accepting orders today. Please note, there is a short window to get your orders in. Orders are being accepted today thru October 13th. Below is the information you need to place your order. You must use the link provided here and use the group buy code LGGRPBUY102013. The 25% discount does not apply to the heated seat option. If you have any problems ordering please send me a PM and I'll handle it as quickly as I can.

I was asked about Bill's Ergo seat. The Ergo is being offered at a 20% discount to those interested.

Ride-in appointments qualify for a 15% discount.

"For the seats I have a special page set up. The orders must be entered individually, and there is no discount on the heated seat option or shipping:

http://billmayer-saddles.com/group-buy-order-form/

Code: LGGRPBUY102013
Discount: 25%
Start-date: Sept 25 2013
End-date: Oct 13, 2013
Usage limit: 50

Since this is a new feature to the website, please let me know if there are ANY issues.

Ergo (no discount on shipping):

http://billmayer-saddles.com/ergo/

Code: LGGRPBUY102013
Discount: 20%
Start-date: Sept 25 2013
End-date: Oct 13, 2013
Usage limit: 50"

I'm putting together a list of people interested in a group buy on a Bill Mayer Seat. Bill has agreed to offer a 25% discount to anyone wanting to participate in the group buy once we receive 50 committed individuals. To get to the first 50, I'm going to put together a list to honor Bill's 50 seat requirement. Once the minimum is reached I'll work out the details for further orders with Bill.

So, to get on the list, please read the following.

1) I'm going to request that anyone wanting to be on the list send me a PM on ADVRider with your ADV handle and "BMS Group Buy" in the title. When your information has been added to the list I'll send a return PM as confirmation.

NOTE: Please understand, I'm trying to make this as coordinated as possible with as few "rules" as possible and will adhere to the following. I will NOT accept any requests in the thread to be added to the list. "I'm in" or "Please add me to the list" in the thread is NOT an acceptable request to be added to the list and will be ignored.

2) In your request you must provide the following details. First and Last Name, City, State, E-mail address, Year, Make and Model of bike. If this information is not part of your PM, you will not be added to the list. I will attempt to respond but will not continue looking for this information. Please be considerate and include this information upfront.

3) I would appreciate anyone reading this thread to please spread the word where you can.

4) While I appreciate everyone's assistance in spreading the word, to keep coordination of the list and requests as straight forward as possible, please ask those interested in getting on the list to come here to ADVRider and send me a PM with the instructions from steps 1 and 2 above. We all know creating a login ID is pretty straightforward and it would simply be too much coordination on my part to have to go to every website to track down potential customers.

5) I'm going to post on the following forums for those that wish to take part in the group buy with a link to this ADV thread, so there's no need for anyone to post on them. I don't want to upset the moderators with multiple threads on the same topic. BMWRT.com, BMWMOA.org, F650.com, theVMC.com, k1600forum.com, theVOG.net, GL1800Riders.com, concours.org, fjrforum.com, r1200gs.info, st-owners.com, sporttouring.us, hdforums.com and sport-touring.net. I may come across other websites/forums as time allows, and will post there if I don't see a thread about the group buy. I'll update this thread with where I have posted.

kltk1 screwed with this post 10-05-2013 at 06:38 PM
kltk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #2
kltk1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Bill Mayer Saddles Group Buy

I've created a thread regarding a Group Buy being put together for a Bill Mayer Saddle at 25% off. Please see the thread here.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...7#post22378397
Old 09-20-2013, 06:54 PM   #3
Wlfman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,288
I'm in

Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the people who are doing it."
"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and JUST BE HAPPY."
Wlfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:56 PM   #4
farmrjohn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
pm sent
farmrjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #5
farmrjohn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
pm sent
farmrjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:40 PM   #6
JGoody
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 288
pm send

Thanks for all your efforts!!!!
JGoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:53 AM   #7
kltk1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Good morning everyone. All PM's have been responded to at this time. We're at 5 on the list.... Thanks for reaching out and spreading the word.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #8
Purple 13
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Emailed Bill Mayer Saddles with a question or 2 but expect to be PMing you shortly adding my name to the list.
Purple 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:32 AM   #9
kltk1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Good morning everyone. All PM's have been responded to and we're up to date at this point. We're at 12 on the list. Excellent job. Please spread the word where you can. Thanks and have a great day!
Old 09-22-2013, 08:37 AM   #10
kltk1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Just posted up on Modern Vespa.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:00 AM   #11
kdude
orgasmatron engineer

Oddometer: 2,019
I may jump in too... can someone tell me why a mayer seat is better than stock. I'm thinking of swapping out a Vespa lx150 seat.. do they heat up?
Old 09-22-2013, 08:58 PM   #12
kltk1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

It's not uncommon to add heat to a seat that doesn't have it already. You might email Bill Mayer Saddles customer service to see if they can do that for you.

Aftermarket seats are generally more comfortable than stock seats for reasons often unique to the rider.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:21 AM   #13
Wlfman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdude View Post
I may jump in too... can someone tell me why a mayer seat is better than stock. I'm thinking of swapping out a Vespa lx150 seat.. do they heat up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kltk1 View Post
It's not uncommon to add heat to a seat that doesn't have it already. You might email Bill Mayer Saddles customer service to see if they can do that for you.

Aftermarket seats are generally more comfortable than stock seats for reasons often unique to the rider.
Heated Seat Option = additional $119

Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the people who are doing it."
"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and JUST BE HAPPY."
Wlfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:21 AM   #14
kltk1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Good morning everyone. At this time all PM's have been answered. We're up to 15 people on the list. Thanks everyone!

I posted up on the Burgman forum. If someone could post up on a Triumph forum, I'd appreciate it.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:24 AM   #15
kltk1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

A friendly reminder this group buy is being organized. Feel free to jump in.