Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Shiny things
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2013, 09:58 AM   #31
RocketJohn
Hook em' Horns!

Oddometer: 11,316
they need to bring an AWD RS 300hp version to slap those STIs and Lancers around.
RocketJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:17 PM   #32
victor441
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by svs View Post
Very nice post all kinds'a pictures and thoughts on how she runs...

Thanks! spent a good part of the day driving it and no buyers remorse, feels very much like an up-to-date and much faster version of the '84 GTi I drove long ago, which is just what I wanted...here is a crappy cell phone photo from another angle, am really glad I went with black as it minimizes the boy racer look (I'm probably twice the age of the target market ;-)
BTW, while web surfing I learned that Focus/Fiesta ST buyers are entitled to a free driving school in Utah, plan to pursue this, looks like fun http://www.stoctaneacademy.com/news

victor441 screwed with this post 09-27-2013 at 08:15 PM
victor441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:44 AM   #33
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 11,034
Sweet! Congrats. I've seen a few Focus STs rolling around, but not a single Fiesta ST. I've seen more Abarths like mine driving around than I've seen even BASE fiestas. Kind of weird, and the Abarth is really rare to see around here.

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:16 AM   #34
NDEBT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by victor441 View Post
Thanks! spent a good part of the day driving it and no buyers remorse, feels very much like an up-to-date and much faster version of the '84 GTi I drove long ago, which is just what I wanted...here is a crappy cell phone photo from another angle, am really glad I went with black as it minimizes the boy racer look (I'm probably twice the age of the target market ;-)
BTW, while web surfing I learned that Focus/Fiesta ST buyers are entitled to a free driving school in Utah, plan to pursue this, looks like fun http://www.stoctaneacademy.com/news

I've only driven the Fiesta ST a few miles different cars but I like them. I am a truck guy and really don't like cars esp small cars. But the ST is fun. I have a rual route mail carrier customer that drives a Fiesta on some very bad roads. That little car has held up way better than I thought it would and I've done this for almost 30 years.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain
NDEBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:14 AM   #35
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 37,928
Since they are pretty close in price what put the fiesta over the focus in your opinion?

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:26 AM   #36
jdiaz

Oddometer: 32,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDEBT View Post
I have a rual route mail carrier customer that drives a Fiesta on some very bad roads. That little car has held up way better than I thought it would and I've done this for almost 30 years.
There's a dude on the Fiesta Faction site with 400k miles on a 2011 Fiesta automatic.
jdiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:38 AM   #37
Bovino
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiaz View Post
There's a dude on the Fiesta Faction site with 400k miles on a 2011 Fiesta automatic.
How did the guy manage that???

Funny that you guys get everything for cheap ove the pond. Just not the Fiesta...19k € here. Sticker. I mean you guys pay F 150 money for it
German engineering ain't cheap...

I once drove the previous ST with 2.0 non turbo. Tiny car with literally big engine...great.

Chris
Bovino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:59 AM   #38
victor441
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post
Since they are pretty close in price what put the fiesta over the focus in your opinion?
I like the smaller size, lighter weight (about 400 lbs!) and better mileage of the Fiesta ST...also when I read up on the Focus ST many reviewers said the torque steer and wheel hop can be vicious when you get on it, jibes with what I've read elsewhere that in general FWD does not work so well over 200 HP (like on the Mazdaspeed 3, etc).....and finally the performance of the Fiesta ST is plenty for me and can actually be exploited regularly in reasonably sane driving unlike a much more powerful car, much like a Miata in that sense, big fun to drive, excellent balance of power, brakes, handling, etc.
BTW there is good writeup on the differences at http://drivingtorque.com/2013/03/19/...le-of-two-sts/

victor441 screwed with this post 09-30-2013 at 12:55 PM
Old 09-28-2013, 11:07 AM   #39
Crocodile Tears OP
The 906

Oddometer: 3,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post
I prefer the small size. Feels like the prior focus. New STs, fiesta is 500lbs lighter vs the focus. It is quite nimble and just feels cozy. The focus feels BIG. It's not that big but it kind of portrays itself that way. I also am not in love with the new style. It isn't tacky like the old speed 3 but I do feel it is not the most refined design regardless. If it came down to it, I'd go 4dr GTI before I went focus ST.

I went to the dealer today and he would only come down to 23k flat on a 23.4 car. I was still tempted until they told me the joke they were going to give me on a Tacoma trade in. If I advertised that truck for that price I'd have 10 calls in the next hour, probably cash in hand so the deal didn't happen today. Anyone want a Tacoma? Seriously.

2014 CB500X
2009 KLX250S
2005 Bandit 1200S
Crocodile Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:16 PM   #40
trailer Rails
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,681
Is the Tacoma in Ohio? I may be interested.
trailer Rails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:10 PM   #41
Grafspee
one bike is never enough

Oddometer: 202
Nice car

I had been looking to maybe get a Fiesta after the first of the year, but I took a look t the new Mazda 3 tonight - WOW! Is anybody else paying attention to this new Mazda? It is the best looking car I have seen in a long time and being a Mazda I expect it will handle beautifully.
Grafspee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #42
SteelJM1
Undercover KTM rider

Oddometer: 1,588
This car is piquing my interest. The price is very attractive and with (almost)200 hp and 500lb less than the focus of mazda 3, she should sing. And handle. All the reviews rave about it and I like the styling...

Stopping by the Ford dealer again this weekend
SteelJM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:58 AM   #43
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketJohn View Post
they need to bring an AWD RS 300hp version to slap those STIs and Lancers around.
AMEN! I would buy one for sure.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:00 AM   #44
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelJM1 View Post
This car is piquing my interest. The price is very attractive and with (almost)200 hp and 500lb less than the focus of mazda 3, she should sing. And handle. All the reviews rave about it and I like the styling...

Stopping by the Ford dealer again this weekend
And that 200hp will be more like 300 in a very short time with all the tuners working hard on these. You'll be able to add another 100hp in a tune and a few bolt on goodies and keep the warranty.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:41 AM   #45
victor441
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper X View Post
And that 200hp will be more like 300 in a very short time with all the tuners working hard on these. You'll be able to add another 100hp in a tune and a few bolt on goodies and keep the warranty.
There is a 215HP (up from the 180 EU rating, 197 is only available or 20 secs. at a time stock) kit available from Mountune already http://www.mountune.com/index.php/se...fiesta-st-2013 but I don't think I'd want to go much beyond that in this car as the overall balance of power, handling, and brakes in stock form is really excellent and the Fiesta ST does not have the torque steer and wheel hop of the 250HP Focus ST. Have put a few hundred miles on mine so far and absolutely love it, especially on twisty mountain roads and don't know that I'd like it any better with more power...personally I think 200HP+ is best for RWD or 4WD cars (have owned a couple of RWD performance cars, a Mustang GT and a Birkin S3/Lotus 7....the Fiesta ST overall is just as much fun to drive as they were despite being slower)

victor441 screwed with this post 10-02-2013 at 10:40 AM

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: