User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2013, 10:44 PM   #16
Zeid OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 370
Wow, this thread is awesome.

I'll take my GS out through highways, byways and trails. It's currently sitting with a layer of mud on top of a layer of bugs. When I DO wash it, I clean the living crap out of it and try to get it as perfect as possible.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:21 PM   #17
phoenixdoglover
Where to next?

Oddometer: 100
Bikinis!

I wish I was in Phoenix right now. I would take my KLR over to get washed.

Would I get any respect from the Harley guys? No.

Would I have fun with the girls?
phoenixdoglover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:52 AM   #18
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixdoglover View Post
I wish I was in Phoenix right now. I would take my KLR over to get washed.

Would I get any respect from the Harley guys? No.

Would I have fun with the girls?
Restraining orders are fun!
Old 09-28-2013, 10:28 AM   #19
H96669
A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer: 4,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeid View Post
Wow, this thread is awesome.

I'll take my GS out through highways, byways and trails. It's currently sitting with a layer of mud on top of a layer of bugs. When I DO wash it, I clean the living crap out of it and try to get it as perfect as possible.
You never said it was really dirty already. In that case I wouldn't trust the bikini girls not to scratch the paint with their rags. Still I'd go to the bike wash to watch the action,,leave the bike dirty and park real close from the clean ones.

I did that to some very clean Harley guys recently, one of them said: Don't you ever wash that bike??? The kind of comment that usually brings out the haters on here.... I kept talking with him, turned out he owned an R27 and an R50, his bro an R100GS and his son an R80G/S.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:13 AM   #20
waveydavey
happy times!!

Oddometer: 9,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by H96669 View Post
You never said it was really dirty already. In that case I wouldn't trust the bikini girls not to scratch the paint with their rags. Still I'd go to the bike wash to watch the action,,leave the bike dirty and park real close from the clean ones.

I did that to some very clean Harley guys recently, one of them said: Don't you ever wash that bike??? The kind of comment that usually brings out the haters on here.... I kept talking with him, turned out he owned an R27 and an R50, his bro an R100GS and his son an R80G/S.
So you're that guy that hangs out at all the fund raisers and watches the girls. (BTW, sounds like you were actually taking to BMW guys - not the same thing at all)
Old 09-28-2013, 12:18 PM   #21
H96669
A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer: 4,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by waveydavey View Post
So you're that guy that hangs out at all the fund raisers and watches the girls. (BTW, sounds like you were actually taking to BMW guys - not the same thing at all)
Me...you'll find me on the back roads well away from the crowds. But who can resist turning at a wash and let the girls go at the bugs.Only if I happen onto one when riding and need some cooling off. But I'll talk to just about anybody on the road.

GS rider last summer on the ferry...Oh you must have come from xxx road I said. How do you know he said??? Well look at that mud/dust. Yeah he said there must have been a storm the gravel road was all wet. Storm no I said, they probably sprayed Calcium Chloride again for dust abatment,stuff is nasty to BMWs, better go wash that bike quick.

From Wyoming, I guess they don't spray the gravel roads there, told him to taste the dust/mud on his bike.
Old 09-28-2013, 01:59 PM   #22
Zeid OP
Adventurer

Awwwwwww Yeeeeeeahhhh boyyyyyyyyyy~!!!

They actually did a pretty fair job. They used a bunch of anti scratch HD cleaning equipment, soaps, sponges, drying clothes. There's one thing you gotta' give HD is that they KNOW their cleaning accessories. They were very thorough and the whole thing was free although I was a gentlemen and gave a tip Totally worth the time, was a couple of Canadian ADV riders there as well with their Harley's but the guy said he also had a V-Strom 650 and a Multistrada that he's taken up to the Arctic Circle. Glad I went!

Old 09-29-2013, 08:34 AM   #23
bwringer
Gimpy, Yet Alacritous

Oddometer: 2,046
It was pretty cool to see that old dude in a wheel chair heading over to his trike in the first photo.

Something about squirting cold water onto a hot engine just bothers me... but overall, yeah, HD people are going to be one hell of a lot more picky about paint scratches and such than I'll ever be.
"Do not crinkle your food wrappers loudly. Be considerate to others, or I will bite your torso and give you a disease."
bwringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:07 AM   #24
waveydavey
happy times!!

Oddometer: 9,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwringer View Post
It was pretty cool to see that old dude in a wheel chair heading over to his trike in the first photo.

Something about squirting cold water onto a hot engine just bothers me... but overall, yeah, HD people are going to be one hell of a lot more picky about paint scratches and such than I'll ever be.
No river crossings evar?
Old 09-29-2013, 10:54 AM   #25
Wraith Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,022
Quote:
Yep, great detail. Thank you for mentioning it.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:45 PM   #26
bwringer
Gimpy, Yet Alacritous

Oddometer: 2,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by waveydavey View Post
No river crossings evar?
Hmm. Good point. Although I sometimes have problems with the "getting across the river" part.

Bike is fine now, so I guess cold water doesn't do that much damage.

"Do not crinkle your food wrappers loudly. Be considerate to others, or I will bite your torso and give you a disease."
bwringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:53 PM   #27
ragtoplvr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,517
Quote:

I have an RS but it has been places many GS riders never go. It has done low water bridges, moss and ice cold spring water oh my, on a 100 degree day, hit walls of rain, never missed a beat. I don't think it cares.

Rod
ragtoplvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:45 PM   #28
Zeid OP
Adventurer

Yeah, the old dude on the trike was really cool. Had a custom wheel chair holder on the back of it. He was able to get out of the chair just long enough to get onto the trike but you could tell he had some major damage done to his legs and wouldn't be able to walk more than a few steps. The trike looked really neat and had some cool details, wish I would have taken a picture of it. Sounded really nice and had some spots to put camping gear, cooler, etc. He obviously travels on it to some extent.