ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #31
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man
 
Kommando's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Spacecoaster FL
Oddometer: 7,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isorg View Post
quite a lot, how about your self?

care to site any law where this idiotic behavior is actually documented in the united states. Otherwise, your just adding to the confusion.

flashed twice, ok to pass, 3 times, not ok to pass, Hell lets just start doing morsecode to the other drivers "morsing while driving"

Idiots the lot of you who do this.
[Klay]cite[/Klay]

[Klay]you're[/Klay]

[Klay]Morse code[/Klay]

That's just to start. Just because something isn't legislated or documented does NOT mean that it doesn't occur.

I don't see the "flash to pass" used much in the US. I DO see many trucks signal each other with their lights when it's OK for the other to change lanes after a pass.
__________________
Some are guard dogs of the flock. Some herders, search/rescue, or companions. We Devildogs are those, and also retrievers. Hell is our blazing dogpark, our frigid swimming hole. The fallen are our tennis balls. We don't leave the fallen behind, even if the master has to bring them home for us. Semper Fi, my friends.
Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:24 PM   #32
Isorg
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Oddometer: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommando View Post
[Klay]cite[/Klay]

[Klay]you're[/Klay]

[Klay]Morse code[/Klay]

That's just to start. Just because something isn't legislated or documented does NOT mean that it doesn't occur.

I don't see the "flash to pass" used much in the US. I DO see many trucks signal each other with their lights when it's OK for the other to change lanes after a pass.
spelling and grammar? is that all you got? That's arguing from the side of a loosing position.

look at the very replies in this thread as proof enough that being an idiot and flashing your lights at people is a very stupid thing to do. Flashing your lights is way to open for interpretation on the other end.
__________________
2002 FZ1 Death by shipping accident
2007 VTX1300c
2007 FJR
Isorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:36 PM   #33
Butters
. . . . . .
 
Butters's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: NoVA
Oddometer: 2,478
No. What people are saying is that BECAUSE flashing lights IS a form of communication, you shouldn't have a device that does it all the time particularly when you don't want to communicate something.

I use my high beams A LOT to signal other drivers and it seems to be effective. This leads me to believe other people are aware of this technique. In addition, I see other drivers doing it too and it seems clear what they are are doing.

Except you. And since you are not aware of it, it must be stupid.
__________________
Marc
07 XChallenge
Butters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:49 PM   #34
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer
 
DAKEZ's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: OR
Oddometer: 19,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isorg View Post
spelling and grammar? is that all you got? That's arguing from the side of a loosing position.

look at the very replies in this thread as proof enough that being an idiot and flashing your lights at people is a very stupid thing to do. Flashing your lights is way to open for interpretation on the other end.
I thought people in Texas were smarter than that.

__________________
“Watch out for everything bigger than you, they have the "right of weight"
Bib
DAKEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:50 PM   #35
JZH
Global Bodger
 
JZH's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: London, UK/So.Cal., USA
Oddometer: 47
FWIW, here's what Wikipedia says...

I think the point was that people do it, regardless of whether they should do it, and because of that reality, a bike's flashing headlights MAY BE interpreted in that context.

Ciao,
__________________
JZH
London, UK/So.Cal., USA
http://www.vsource.org
RS250; CBR400RRN; VFR400RL; VFR444RN; RVF400RT; VFR750FL; VFR837FP; VFR800FiY-SC; ST1300A4...
JZH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:51 PM   #36
Isorg
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Oddometer: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butters View Post
No. What people are saying is that BECAUSE flashing lights IS a form of communication, you shouldn't have a device that does it all the time particularly when you don't want to communicate something.

I use my high beams A LOT to signal other drivers and it seems to be effective. This leads me to believe other people are aware of this technique. In addition, I see other drivers doing it too and it seems clear what they are are doing.

Except you. And since you are not aware of it, it must be stupid.
tell ya what...

point me to some type of official documentation that flashing your lights is to be used as a method of communicating to other drivers.
__________________
2002 FZ1 Death by shipping accident
2007 VTX1300c
2007 FJR
Isorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:53 PM   #37
Isorg
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Oddometer: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by JZH View Post
FWIW, here's what Wikipedia says...

I think the point was that people do it, regardless of whether they should do it, and because of that reality, a bike's flashing headlights MAY BE interpreted in that context.

Ciao,
Yeah, i saw that wikipedia link, and i just hope that people who flash their light in states that have laws against it are aware of those laws.
__________________
2002 FZ1 Death by shipping accident
2007 VTX1300c
2007 FJR
Isorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:56 PM   #38
Isorg
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Oddometer: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post
I thought people in Texas were smarter than that.

smart enough to know that using something as vague as flashing my headlight at others as a means of communication is a good way to get my ass ran over.
__________________
2002 FZ1 Death by shipping accident
2007 VTX1300c
2007 FJR
Isorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:09 PM   #39
Handy
Sunburnt
 
Handy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: The great state of Idaho
Oddometer: 1,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post
I thought people in Texas were smarter than that.

What in the history of Texans would ever give you that idea?

Everything's bigger in Texas, especially the morans.
Handy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:27 PM   #40
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer
 
DAKEZ's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: OR
Oddometer: 19,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy View Post
What in the history of Texans would ever give you that idea?

Everything's bigger in Texas, especially the morans.


It is HUGE! No wonder he can't find the Caps key.
__________________
“Watch out for everything bigger than you, they have the "right of weight"
Bib
DAKEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:19 PM   #41
henshao
Bained
 
henshao's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: The Commonwealth
Oddometer: 607
Isorg is the kind of jackass that sits in the left lane driving real slow with a line of cars behind him flashing their high beams while he wonders what they're trying to tell him.
henshao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:17 PM   #42
JOKER650
Beastly Adventurer
 
JOKER650's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: British Columbia , Canada.....Eh
Oddometer: 1,533
.......and it makes you look gay.























__________________
Life's short...ride far

Over 2000 plated dirt riders...Digg'n up the dirt every other day, all over BC

http://www.dualsportbc.com/
JOKER650 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:50 PM   #43
CapCal1000
Uhhh....
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Here and there.
Oddometer: 199
Fascinating discussion on the subject in the basement.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=784860
CapCal1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:36 AM   #44
Midnullarbor
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Oddometer: 324
.
Speling Nazzis are a bunch of loosers.

Totally moranic. Or is it moranal?

Perhaps the forum Modulator will indeed moove this thread to the basement.
.
Midnullarbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:53 AM   #45
Earth Rider
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: CNY
Oddometer: 2,395
this thread is mind boggling. how could anyone be that clueless?
Earth Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014