Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2011, 07:06 AM   #1
Montana Maniac OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Laugh '06 WR450 heading to Baja for the first time!

Hey guys! I'm fairly new to this site, but I've got to say it's inspired me to get even deeper into this lifestyle I call "Dirtbiking"!!! I'm heading out today on my '06 WR for our maiden voyage to Baja! I sure hope it turns into a yearly event. Just wanted to say "Hi" and when (if) I get back, I'll try to post some photo's of the ride.
Attached Images

Montana Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:16 AM   #2
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Oddometer: 10,505
COOL! I've always wanted to go there too. I've ridden in Mexico once and it was the best riding I've ever done. Keep us posted and put up alot of pics! Are you going alone?
Old 12-12-2011, 07:00 PM   #3
Montana Maniac OP
Adventurer

Nah, I didn't go alone. I got the invite from one of my racing buddies, as he goes every year. We just got back yesterday, and all I've got to say is, it was Epic!!! I will be posting pic's as I go thru them. The smaller camera that I carried in my pocket over-exposed all the pics, so I've got to repair them before posting. My other camera that I used late at night while partying, came out fine, so I can use them as is. Maniac
Old 12-13-2011, 01:21 PM   #4
SteveO
Huh???

Oddometer: 1,188
SteveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 07:28 PM   #5
vabuckaroo68
Gnarly!

Oddometer: 1,176
04 KTM 950ADV ~ "BEASTIE", '13 KTM 300XCW, '76 Husky 360WR/CR,
vabuckaroo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:35 PM   #6
BIG ED XT FAN
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,198
WR 450 to Baja!!

Good Luck!! Yamaha WR 450 bikes are the best!!
BIG ED XT FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 05:59 AM   #7
Montana Maniac OP
Adventurer

Here is my buddy Matt admiring the fully loaded Toyota in San Felipe. We drove down from Montana with just my WR in the back, but we stopped in San Felipe to empty out a storage unit, and bring everything down to Loreto. The guys were riding with have been going to Baja for years, and they've basically moved there operation down to Loreto from San Felipe. So they asked if we could bring a couple of XR400's with us, and some tires, and etc.., etc..!!! The old girl was squatting with that full load!!!

Anyhow, after a few mishaps, we got everything loaded up and on the road. WoooHoooo!!! Were on the road again, and heading for San Ignacio to hopefully stay at Rice & Beans! The road quickly turns to dirt, and were gonna have to back it down due to the washboard sand & the loaded truck. We actually come up on Coco's corner sooner than I expected, and decide that we really shouldn't stop if we can't spend a decent amount of time with him, so we cruise right on by. This is my first trip to Baja, and I can't believe that I just cruised on past Coco, but I make a deal with Matt, that if we can't stop now, then we have to stop on the way back. He agree's, so we continue on.
Attached Images

Old 12-17-2011, 06:02 AM   #8
Montana Maniac OP
Adventurer

Coming up on Coco's Corner!!! If you've seen "Dust to Glory", you know who Coco is!!!
Attached Images

Old 12-17-2011, 06:49 AM   #9
BikePilot
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,243
Good stuff Don't have to watch D2G to know Coco, I've been there Headed back to Baja with the fam for Christmas riding, can't wait

Summer 2009 Ride Report http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...1509c&t=507038
Summer 2008 RR. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367703
BikePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 05:45 AM   #10
Montana Maniac OP
Adventurer

Cruising down Highway 1, we came across this site!!! Gotta love Mexico!!!
Attached Images

Old 12-18-2011, 05:58 AM   #11
Montana Maniac OP
Adventurer

So Matt & I made it to San Ignacio, where we stayed the night at Rice & Beans. Highly recommended!!! While enjoying some Margarita's, everyone in the bar had to come over and talk to the Dirtbikers. This is when it starts to dawn on me why everyone enjoy's Baja so much. I'm nothing but a dirtbag dirtbiker in my own country, but down in Baja, were not just tolerated, but more correctly, were looked at as real Baja adventurers/tourists. We seek out the small towns & villages and try to get to know more about the people of Baja besides what you might see in Cabo. Everyone in Baja waves to Dirtbikers!!!
Attached Images

Old 12-18-2011, 07:44 AM   #12
cyclewizard
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Maniac View Post
So Matt & I made it to San Ignacio, where we stayed the night at Rice & Beans. Highly recommended!!! While enjoying some Margarita's, everyone in the bar had to come over and talk to the Dirtbikers. This is when it starts to dawn on me why everyone enjoy's Baja so much. I'm nothing but a dirtbag dirtbiker in my own country, but down in Baja, were not just tolerated, but more correctly, were looked at as real Baja adventurers/tourists. We seek out the small towns & villages and try to get to know more about the people of Baja besides what you might see in Cabo. Everyone in Baja waves to Dirtbikers!!!
That can't be snow on the roof?????