ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-2013, 05:08 AM   #91
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer
 
Kootenai Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Hong Kong for now. Idaho before and later
Oddometer: 2,258
Great video, it was awesome to see how things went on course. See you all next year.
__________________
Like most great inventions, it is fantastic when used for its intended purpose, but in the hands of a villain, or worse, an idiot, it wreaks havoc.... - A-bone

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:16 PM   #92
Capt. Egregious
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Capt. Egregious's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Where the sewer meets the sea, Edmonds Wa
Oddometer: 345
Sweet video, Great job. Hope to see you guy's out there again next year.
Capt. Egregious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #93
Off Road Ryder
Beastly Adventurer
 
Off Road Ryder's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Kent Wa
Oddometer: 2,212
Thanks Guys

We are putting the call out to other guys (or gals) who like to push the limits of their big adventure bikes. If you love to hit the dirt, we would like to have you join us on team Heavyweights.
We are looking forward to hosting a few local events and a bunch of rides.
let myself or Alex know if your interested.
__________________
When Quality matters,Its all about choices.
Cyclops Performance LED Vendors thread
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839163
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278

Off Road Ryder screwed with this post 12-11-2013 at 05:06 PM
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #94
mtbdemon
Studly Adventurer
 
mtbdemon's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Beaverton Oregon
Oddometer: 953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road Ryder View Post
Thank Guys

We are putting the call out to other guys (or gals) who like to push the limits of their big adventure bikes. If you love to hit the dirt, we would like to have you join us on team Heavyweights.
We are looking forward to hosting a few local events and a bunch of rides.
let myself or Alex know if your interested.
I would need to do some suspension work (Hey is a 620 Adventure considered a heavy weight?) but I would be interested-Perhaps this should be the reason to get a 950 Enduro....
__________________
I am a leaf on the wind, watch me.....ride (I know, it makes no sense)
2007 YZ 250F SOLD
1998 KTM 620 Adventure
2004 KTM 200 EXC
mtbdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:44 PM   #95
Capt. Egregious
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Capt. Egregious's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Where the sewer meets the sea, Edmonds Wa
Oddometer: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road Ryder View Post
Thanks Guys

We are putting the call out to other guys (or gals) who like to push the limits of their big adventure bikes. If you love to hit the dirt, we would like to have you join us on team Heavyweights.
We are looking forward to hosting a few local events and a bunch of rides.
let myself or Alex know if your interested.
I'm also curious, what are the qualifications for a heavy weight? CC's? Weight? Both? Inquiring minds want to know.
Capt. Egregious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:59 PM   #96
Apple Jam
Forest Flyer
 
Apple Jam's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Mt Hood mud flow
Oddometer: 6,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdemon View Post
I would need to do some suspension work (Hey is a 620 Adventure considered a heavy weight?) but I would be interested-Perhaps this should be the reason to get a 950 Enduro....
You need a REASON to buy a 950 SE?
The SE is not about REASON....
It's about emotion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Egregious View Post
I'm also curious, what are the qualifications for a heavy weight? CC's? Weight? Both? Inquiring minds want to know.
500 lbs +/- and multi-cylinder, I would assume. Something that most all riders would tell you does not belong...... I believe that is the point of this exercise. It's hard to piss of our parents with loud/bad music at our age. We need a new rush
__________________
..
"got no problem with keeping truly roadless areas as wild....
On the other hand, if it has been logged or mined and roads already exist,,
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:27 AM   #97
Off Road Ryder
Beastly Adventurer
 
Off Road Ryder's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Kent Wa
Oddometer: 2,212
Aj pretty much nails it, however we don't want to exclude good riders who want to be a part of the fun.
What we are looking at is 600CC plus with riders who have a desire to go beyond starbucks and put themselves and their machines on the edge of what some might call sane. We just call it riding.

If your idea of a good ride is 100 miles of the WABDR in a day, with a catered dinner, this is not for you

Hopefully we can get a nice group together with lots of rides and a few great events. Basically a network for advanced adventure bike riders.
For those that want to race, We will search out events across the country where we can race the big bikes. Right now the Perry Mountain 24 hr is on our radar.

Whats also exciting is that we are working with quality aftermarket companies and dealerships for support and discounts on premium products and services.
__________________
When Quality matters,Its all about choices.
Cyclops Performance LED Vendors thread
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839163
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:32 PM   #98
bearcat1
Gnarly Adventurer
 
bearcat1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Olympia, WA
Oddometer: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konflict Motorsports View Post
We have gotten the final cut on our 24 Hour of Starvation Ridge race the Team Heavyweights completed on their KTM 990's and 950 Super Enduro's. We had a fantastic time with this event, and its just the beginning of " The Heavyweights" competing against smaller bikes at various races. Check it out and let us know what you think!

[IMG][/IMG]
Well Done! Awesome video and thank you. I rode in the over 40 amature class three years in a row on a KTM 200 and last on a 450. Watching you guys on those big 950/990s...respect! I thought I was done with that chapter. Next year I'll be 50 and that video makes me want to go one more time, but not on a 990! Nice work.
bearcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 02:42 PM   #99
Off Road Ryder
Beastly Adventurer
 
Off Road Ryder's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Kent Wa
Oddometer: 2,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat1 View Post
Well Done! Awesome video and thank you. I rode in the over 40 amature class three years in a row on a KTM 200 and last on a 450. Watching you guys on those big 950/990s...respect! I thought I was done with that chapter. Next year I'll be 50 and that video makes me want to go one more time, but not on a 990! Nice work.
Thanks!! I thought I would be done with this racing stuff once I turned 50, but I think Im just getting started.

Unfortunately we had to pull the first video due to a vendor attempting to take credit for a bike setup. Our sponsors are very important to us
Here is the re released vid.
Thanks again

__________________
When Quality matters,Its all about choices.
Cyclops Performance LED Vendors thread
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839163
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014