Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,440
my BATTLE SCOOTER is in attack mode 24/7
Old 10-03-2013, 07:47 PM   #32
bkrdoug80
Old Dude

Oddometer: 33
SUV and bikers

KLX250SFguy-------this is NOT the way i ride and certainly MOST scoot riders------However some states allow lane splitting and random passing as legal------I have seen , and i am sure you have also, the same kind of riding from scooter riders.-------NOT smart---NOT safe---but legal. auto drivers are just as bad (cell phones--texting--no driving skills etc)----------------I personally will not ride with more than one other rider and then he has to follow MY rules-----i prefer alone------I really nsaw nothing in the other vid that was any worse than i have seen from a lot of bikers and drivers--------ANY ride with more than 3 VERY experienced riders is UNSAFE.------------main thrust in this confrontation is that people got hurt and one fellow is critical-------------BKRDOUG (joined 08)
bkrdoug80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:52 PM   #33
klx250sfguy OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrdoug80 View Post
KLX250SFguy-------this is NOT the way i ride and certainly MOST scoot riders------However some states allow lane splitting and random passing as legal------I have seen , and i am sure you have also, the same kind of riding from scooter riders.-------NOT smart---NOT safe---but legal. auto drivers are just as bad (cell phones--texting--no driving skills etc)----------------I personally will not ride with more than one other rider and then he has to follow MY rules-----i prefer alone------I really nsaw nothing in the other vid that was any worse than i have seen from a lot of bikers and drivers--------ANY ride with more than 3 VERY experienced riders is UNSAFE.------------main thrust in this confrontation is that people got hurt and one fellow is critical-------------BKRDOUG (joined 08)
You make some good points.

Did you see this video? Boils my blood.

http://youtu.be/aReFR6GaqKw
klx250sfguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:08 PM   #34
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by klx250sfguy View Post
I found this on another thread. Worth reading.

From YouTube -

"Marc Roffman wrote: Here is some additional information you all might want to read. This is my personal experience with this situation. I made sure to post this on the support site as well. As a trucker that would deliver in north jersey and New York I am familiar with these gangs.

I can hopefully clarify a few things. First the initial "accident" is part of a game they play. They ride in a huge group and will operate together to slow down traffic.

Next they pick out high end vehicles targeting people with families in them, the targets will usually be white or Asian.

Then one of the riders will do a "brake check" and stop suddenly in front of the target vehicle causing a minor bump. In some cases they will just roll back into their target vehicle. They will then mob the vehicle demanding money and or begin attacking the person inside. It is their practice to also slash the tires to prevent the vehicle from escaping.

Truckers are well aware of them and are advised not to stop. You can clearly see in the video how they are well practiced in this style of attack. The police in NY have backed off them after an officer ran one down using his vehicle a few months back. The video was all over the net so I advise you to check it out.

These "bikers" ride dirt bikes and sport bikes very few of which are street legal and even fewer have plates. They run red lights, stop signs, and have no regard for the law. If you are ever in this situation do not stop, immediately call the police and do whatever you have to to keep them from boxing you in. NEVER leave the scene of an accident if you are not under direct threat!!!

Only run if you have no other choice, and again immediately call the police. This is not rare by any means, the only reason this incident got any attention is because of the helmet cam video being posted on the net.

If you see anyone in this situation, call the police.

Make no mistake confusing these punks with true bikers. You will rarely if ever see a member of these gangs on a Harley. Do not for a minute blame true bikers for this kind of behavior. Bikers like those involved in the 2 million Bikers to DC Rally are American Patriots and would be among the first to come to your aid.

A final note, always be aware of motorcycles and share the road. Check your mirrors and don't ride anyone's bumper, motorcycles have a much smaller profile then a car and are harder to see."

This is the story I am going to believe unless PROVEN otherwise. It fits in perfectly with the video evidence, and this is apparently not something new, it has been going on for awhile. Things like this is what gives riders a bad reputation. Not all car drivers are bad. Some of them even ride. Now as for the ones using cell phones while driving, it appears that they just don't care, or THINK they can do it safely, exactly the same as a drunk driver. Except that when someone is drunk, their judgement is impaired. Maybe those who use cell phones while driving are permanently impaired.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:48 AM   #35
kconville
Avant Guard Dog

Oddometer: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiotj View Post
I wish I could see the raw video from the "cameraman". Since he cut off the video he uploaded before the SUV driver was pulled from the vehicle and beaten, I'm assuming he was filming before the start of the online video, too, and he just posted what he thought would show the bikers side (he thought wrong, obviously). He's using a GoPro, on what appears to be the right side of his helmet. Unless he has the remote, its not exactly convenient to start and stop a GoPro while riding, especially on the same side of the bike as your throttle hand. That points to the likelihood he was continuously filming.

If he's crafty, he's deleted the raw video already, and it'll be harder to find than the missing Zapruder footage.
Good points, and just what I was thinking when I saw the clip.

Was there an incident occurring prior to to the start of the vid that precipitated the actions by the apparent bad guys?

Why was the vid ended where it was? Was this vid edited to let the guys on bikes look more favorable?

Why was the vid posted at all?

If, as has been aledged in this thread, that these "gangs" and their behavior is common knowledge, then why are we just hearing of this?
'11 Vespa GTS300

kconville screwed with this post 10-04-2013 at 11:32 AM
kconville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:27 AM   #36
klx250sfguy OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 439
Turns out the thug who started this whole mess (Cruz) never went down at all.

This dissection of the video is a must see.

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/217012.php
klx250sfguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #37
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Oddometer: 3,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by klx250sfguy View Post
You make some good points.

Did you see this video? Boils my blood.

http://youtu.be/aReFR6GaqKw
I like how the police are not around. If they were in Henderson, NV, Arizona, Texas they would bring the military in and start wiping away this disease... and Iwould be all for it!
brianwheelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:19 PM   #38
miboso
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugby4life View Post
I don't know, that black one looks kind of menacing.

*picture copied from the scooter pics thread.
Great! Pick on the black one
Old 10-04-2013, 06:19 PM   #39
DudeClone
Beastly Adventurer

more on the story. latest developments. also want to share some thoughts on the topic in THIS thread as a scooterist. but later....

this is also posted in the "Threadfest" in A Perfect Line forum

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...officials?lite
Old 10-04-2013, 06:34 PM   #40
majorhavoc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugby4life View Post
I don't know, that black one looks kind of menacing.

*picture copied from the scooter pics thread.
I dunno. My money's on the rider of the pink one. Those pink scooter riders are trouble man. Trouble with a capital "T".
majorhavoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:46 AM   #41
AMAC1680
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeClone View Post
more on the story. latest developments. also want to share some thoughts on the topic in THIS thread as a scooterist. but later....

this is also posted in the "Threadfest" in A Perfect Line forum

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...officials?lite
Yeah saw that also. Not sure if that's news or a presser for this "victim".
I've seen the same type of story on the RR driver.

Attorneys doing what they do. Trying to get into the heads of everyone from NYPD to a potential jury should charges be filed against either.

Be Big,
AMAC
SYM RV200 EVO
Lance "Cali Classic" 125
AMAC1680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #42
hexnut
just cruising

Oddometer: 1,336
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...UV-attack.html

hexnuts...a curse put on your balls by a mean gypsy
3/5 Cav, C Troop, BlackKnights, Vietnam 1969
hexnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:13 PM   #43
cdwise
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 833
Something even more crazy is that apparently 5 of the bikers are NYPD cops http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...ork&id=9274018 One was undercover and didn't want to blow his cover but apparently others were simply off duty copy including one who may have been the person smashing the window with his helmet. WTF? Talk about a black eye for the NYPD.
cdwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 03:19 PM   #44
AMAC1680
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwise View Post
Something even more crazy is that apparently 5 of the bikers are NYPD cops http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...ork&id=9274018 One was undercover and didn't want to blow his cover but apparently others were simply off duty copy including one who may have been the person smashing the window with his helmet. WTF? Talk about a black eye for the NYPD.
That would be another black eye.....

Be Big,
AMAC
SYM RV200 EVO
Lance "Cali Classic" 125
AMAC1680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:01 PM   #45
DudeClone
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwise View Post
well that just goes to show 'ya

what it show's, idk!

i must admit i was not surprised cops were among the riders. and if undercover it makes more sense for me. not because they were "on duty," but could probably use that excuse to ride with clubs like this. they are "working" for all anyone cares. but they are not. "rouge" good cops? nah

and if known as cops in the group, just how "outlaw" could this bunch be? i mean if "biker gangs" know you're a cop, much less five cops, will they even talk to you, much less have you ride with them? doubt it lol

but i think some cops like to flirt with the other side of things. sometimes with undercover police, the lines blur. that is obvious looking at some of them. its not just in the movies. the movies tell the real story, just dramatize it. whitey bulger is on trial right now and was in deep with a lot of cops for years

are these riders "bad cops?" we will see. but if they are "clean" i would not judge 'em bad for riding along

however they got caught up this time, didn't they? and if its true one who smashed a window is in fact a cop? ha!

well, if you're going to add to this drama you can't really beat an angle like that