Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2013, 01:50 PM   #46
scootrboi
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 982
On the perfect line they mention that many of the bikers had no license plates on their motorcycles. How do they get away with that in NYC?
Old 10-06-2013, 02:36 PM   #47
Jimznc!
Been Riding Longtime

Oddometer: 9
Group of BMW Riders attack.....

" A group of BMW Riders attack motorist for failing to follow manufacturers recommended scheduled service intervals"

J

I'm just saying, it could happen
LOL!!
Jimznc! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:04 PM   #48
Rugby4life
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimznc! View Post
" A group of BMW Riders attack motorist for failing to follow manufacturers recommended scheduled service intervals"

J

I'm just saying, it could happen
LOL!!
No, no, no, we were discussing UNjustified retaliation, weren't we?
Old 10-06-2013, 04:28 PM   #49
alphaBETAdog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwise View Post
Something even more crazy is that apparently 5 of the bikers are NYPD cops http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...ork&id=9274018 One was undercover and didn't want to blow his cover but apparently others were simply off duty copy including one who may have been the person smashing the window with his helmet. WTF? Talk about a black eye for the NYPD.
Wouldn't be a surprise. Cops tend to be very aggressive, and have higher levels of spousal abuse and substance abuse than the general public.
alphaBETAdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:14 AM   #50
sve
n00b

Oddometer: 6
This group has been terrorizing folks across upstate new york as well. Just a few weeks ago in the Syracuse/Utica areas a bunch were arrested after going double the speed limits and doing tricks on sidewalks. In Western NY, we have also had some trouble with folks who claim to be part of this "gang."

Its troubling to say the least.

On the other hand, just yesterday I was riding my genuine buddy to the grocery store and some guy who must have been in one hell of a hurry decided to get right up on my bumper and when i didn't move over immediately he decided to pass me on the right, about a foot from the scooter, all while screaming and giving me the finger.
sve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:53 PM   #51
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Oddometer: 2,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by sve View Post
This group has been terrorizing folks across upstate new york as well. Just a few weeks ago in the Syracuse/Utica areas a bunch were arrested after going double the speed limits and doing tricks on sidewalks. In Western NY, we have also had some trouble with folks who claim to be part of this "gang."

Its troubling to say the least.

On the other hand, just yesterday I was riding my genuine buddy to the grocery store and some guy who must have been in one hell of a hurry decided to get right up on my bumper and when i didn't move over immediately he decided to pass me on the right, about a foot from the scooter, all while screaming and giving me the finger.
I am getting fed up with douche bags.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:29 PM   #52
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,001
http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...l?id=205023741

This happened a while back in AZ. Seems it is not uncommon for cops to form motorcycle gangs. There is also a "1%er" motorcycle gang here comprised of former U.S. Marines. You can't tell them from Hells Angels, they wear the same type of getup, and act about the same.
JerryH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:22 PM   #53
WVdyhrd
mudhole 400 guy

Oddometer: 2,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...l?id=205023741

This happened a while back in AZ. Seems it is not uncommon for cops to form motorcycle gangs. There is also a "1%er" motorcycle gang here comprised of former U.S. Marines. You can't tell them from Hells Angels, they wear the same type of getup, and act about the same.
Veterans and 1%'ers.... That's not a new concept...

I wish the media and our own crew would quit referring to them as "motorcyclists," "bikers," etc.. That denotes that bikers have a propensity towards violence. If a bunch of dudes jumped someone while they had been driving Tundra's you wouldn't see, "violent truckists attack innocent person."

But of course the media and preachers have preyed on that stereotype of bikers for decades. I like being separate as a rider, I am a bit different and proud of it.

But what sets men like those in NY apart are they are criminals. Their defining characteristic is CRIMINAL not BIKER. They are violent criminals who happen to be on MC's. Make sure to point that out to the motorin public when the chance arises.

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool." -Bill
Shakes
WVdyhrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:40 AM   #54
DudeClone
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 953
ha

i was just thinking how the whole "image" thing works with riders. thread title is funny

close your eyes and imagine the same scenario as this news story.....but the riders are on Vespa's and Genuine Buddy's and Honda 'Mets, instead. surrounding a big ass SUV!!

hahahahaha

no freakin' way does that image not bring the guffaws

"hey, that SUV bastard ran over my top case!"

hipsters gone WILD
Old 10-10-2013, 11:20 AM   #55
emmettken
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,847
@DudeClone
emmettken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:46 PM   #56
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVdyhrd View Post
Veterans and 1%'ers.... That's not a new concept...

I wish the media and our own crew would quit referring to them as "motorcyclists," "bikers," etc.. That denotes that bikers have a propensity towards violence. If a bunch of dudes jumped someone while they had been driving Tundra's you wouldn't see, "violent truckists attack innocent person."

But of course the media and preachers have preyed on that stereotype of bikers for decades. I like being separate as a rider, I am a bit different and proud of it.

But what sets men like those in NY apart are they are criminals. Their defining characteristic is CRIMINAL not BIKER. They are violent criminals who happen to be on MC's. Make sure to point that out to the motorin public when the chance arises.

I have never considered myself a "biker". I don't fit the image, and bikers don't ride Japanese motorcycles. Not one single "outlaw" MC allows Japanese bikes as far as I know. This was not a "motorcycle club" just your basic street gang who happened to be riding motorcycles. Many of them didn't even know each other. They just got together and were out looking for trouble. Fortunately public opinion has been running overwhelmingly against them. I think it would be tragic indeed if the driver of that SUV were charged with anything.

I have always considered myself a motorcyclist, a scooterist, and a driver. I do not believe any of these words carry any negative connotations. "Motorcyclist" is even the name of a popular and respectable magazine.
JerryH is online now   Reply With Quote