ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-18-2014, 12:51 PM   #76
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer
 
Drunk_Uncle's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: El Mirage
Oddometer: 2,101
In Germany gifts are taxed also. Anything I sent my then girlfriend, now wife, she had to pick it up at the customs office.
__________________
"I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death"
'13 Tiger 800XC, '13 KLR 650, and a 2010 Honda NT700V for the wife.
Drunk_Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:57 PM   #77
blacktiger
Tigers R great.
 
blacktiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: St.Leonards on Sea, England.
Oddometer: 3,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinP View Post
I tried, I guess "they" were too smart for us. :(
Not your fault. I read up on it and they sting us for this import VAT whether it's a gift or not! Bloody rip off really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk_Uncle View Post
In Germany gifts are taxed also. Anything I sent my then girlfriend, now wife, she had to pick it up at the customs office.
Obviously an EU rip off.
__________________
2002 black Tiger955i, 72000 miles and counting.
2012 black Tiger800XC, 32000 miles and counting.
blacktiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:00 PM   #78
JustinP OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
JustinP's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Sunny Colorado
Oddometer: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktiger View Post
Not your fault. I read up on it and they sting us for this import VAT whether it's a gift or not! Bloody rip off really.
Somebody needs your hard earned money

FYI - down to a handful of freebie dimmers. If you want to get in on the last few, pre-order deal can be found on the URL below:

**Link removed - free dimmer deal is done**

Were back ordered on the LR4 until next week, and the remaining from this deal will be shipped when they arrive. Once we've gone through this batch, dimmers will be a $20 option with a pair of lights.
__________________
FAST: 2004 non-ABS "Silver Bullet" FJR - FASTER: 2008 Touring/Endurance Hayabusa
Quality LED Lighting - ADV Discount inside:) - LEDRider LED motorcycle lights

JustinP screwed with this post 02-27-2014 at 07:50 AM
JustinP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:37 PM   #79
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer
 
Shawnee Bill's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Oddometer: 1,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinP View Post

Wiring:

Bypass = blue (Connect to switched 12v source to bypass dimmed setting).

Any questions? Post them here or PM, happy to answer.
I received my LR4 lights last week and got them installed and working today. Took a test ride after dark and they really light up the road and bar ditches. Love them!

Question about the Bypass/blue wire. I thought at first that was a 'trigger' somewhat like a relay, but now I'm thinking if there is power on it that is what feeds the light? If that is the case in order to bypass the dimmer with the bright light switch it seems I should use the bright light to latch a relay that would then feed power to the light? Or can I just tap into the bright power with the blue wire? This is on a F800GS with a Canbus, not sure how the Canbus will feel about using some extra power.

I hope you can understand my questions, I'm not sure they sense to anyone but me.


.
__________________
1200 GSAW
FE 390
KLR 650 (not new)
GL1800
FZ-1 For sale
Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:37 PM   #80
JustinP OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
JustinP's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Sunny Colorado
Oddometer: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee Bill View Post
I received my LR4 lights last week and got them installed and working today. Took a test ride after dark and they really light up the road and bar ditches. Love them!

Question about the Bypass/blue wire. I thought at first that was a 'trigger' somewhat like a relay, but now I'm thinking if there is power on it that is what feeds the light? If that is the case in order to bypass the dimmer with the bright light switch it seems I should use the bright light to latch a relay that would then feed power to the light? Or can I just tap into the bright power with the blue wire? This is on a F800GS with a Canbus, not sure how the Canbus will feel about using some extra power.

I hope you can understand my questions, I'm not sure they sense to anyone but me.


.
Thanks Bill, glad you like the lights :)

The blue wire does not supply any power. When connected to a 12v source, the blue triggers an electronic switch in the dimmer that bypasses the dimmed setting and sends full power to the output (gray/white). Did you see the wiring instructions posted here: http://ledrider.com/dimmer-wiring/ - that should clear up any questions, but please, send me a message if you need any help.

As to the Canbus, I doubt that the small draw of the bypass wire would cause any issue. It only pulls a few milliamps. And, I would suggest using a Posi-Tap (http://www.posi-lock.com/posiplug.html) if you're tapping into the highbeam wire, or any other factory wiring. The directions I posted above should cover everything, but again, if you need any help, let me know.
__________________
FAST: 2004 non-ABS "Silver Bullet" FJR - FASTER: 2008 Touring/Endurance Hayabusa
Quality LED Lighting - ADV Discount inside:) - LEDRider LED motorcycle lights
JustinP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:51 AM   #81
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer
 
Shawnee Bill's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Oddometer: 1,895
Justin, thanks for the quick response, posted my question, went to bed, woke up and here's my answer!

I read the wiring instructions once then forgot them. Makes sense that the blue wire is only a trigger. I have my lights wired like the diagram (powered from a Fuzeblock with relay) except I taped off the blue wire until I was sure how to use it. I have Posi-Taps for connecting this kind of thing.

Thanks.


.
__________________
1200 GSAW
FE 390
KLR 650 (not new)
GL1800
FZ-1 For sale
Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:25 PM   #82
JustinP OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
JustinP's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Sunny Colorado
Oddometer: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee Bill View Post
Justin, thanks for the quick response, posted my question, went to bed, woke up and here's my answer!

I read the wiring instructions once then forgot them. Makes sense that the blue wire is only a trigger. I have my lights wired like the diagram (powered from a Fuzeblock with relay) except I taped off the blue wire until I was sure how to use it. I have Posi-Taps for connecting this kind of thing.

Thanks.


.
No problem, glad to help. Would love to see some install pictures :)
__________________
FAST: 2004 non-ABS "Silver Bullet" FJR - FASTER: 2008 Touring/Endurance Hayabusa
Quality LED Lighting - ADV Discount inside:) - LEDRider LED motorcycle lights
JustinP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:00 AM   #83
USAIR
picking and riding
 
USAIR's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Northern Kentucky
Oddometer: 1,265
Would like to take advantage of the free dimmer deal.
Can I pay with PayPal?

Thanks
Fred
__________________
2013 WR250R 2007 Wee
www.riverbendphotos.com
YouTube feed
Wallpaper for Montana GPSr
Beware of the Wallnut
USAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:48 AM   #84
JustinP OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
JustinP's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Sunny Colorado
Oddometer: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAIR View Post
Would like to take advantage of the free dimmer deal.
Can I pay with PayPal?

Thanks
Fred
Hello Fred - you sure can, we use PayPal for our payment processing.
__________________
FAST: 2004 non-ABS "Silver Bullet" FJR - FASTER: 2008 Touring/Endurance Hayabusa
Quality LED Lighting - ADV Discount inside:) - LEDRider LED motorcycle lights
JustinP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:53 AM   #85
USAIR
picking and riding
 
USAIR's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Northern Kentucky
Oddometer: 1,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinP View Post
Hello Fred - you sure can, we use PayPal for our payment processing.
Thank You sir will do ordering now.

Edit: I almost forgot the ADV15 secret code


Fred
__________________
2013 WR250R 2007 Wee
www.riverbendphotos.com
YouTube feed
Wallpaper for Montana GPSr
Beware of the Wallnut

USAIR screwed with this post 02-23-2014 at 09:03 AM
USAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:02 AM   #86
Shaggie
Unseen University
 
Shaggie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Oddometer: 2,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinP View Post
My momma always said the only stupid question is the one one you didn't ask :)

In other news:

Dimmers will be in very soon. Price point will put them at about $30 each with the permanent ADV discount :). If you need a simple, robust dimmer, that eliminates the need for a secondary switch - this will have you covered!

Within the next few weeks we'll be introducing our new 4.5 inch, single LED, 25 watt spot light. We'll be doing a one time group buy deal on these, so make sure to check back if you're interested. After that, our normal pricing will be in effect. These will be the best lumen per dollar value on the market!

For now, here's some teaser pics :)

Massive light throw needs big reflectors - these lights are comparable in size to a 4-4.5 Inch HID:




When we say "spot", we're not kidding :). These lights throw far and TIGHT.



Optional clear and yellow snap-on covers allow you to tailor the beam to your needs in as much time as it takes to pop the lens covers on!



More details coming soon. Any questions? Post them here!

Any more info? Weight per lamp? Cost?

Cheers n thanks!
__________________
Shane

"We are not at home to Mr Reasonable" - Sam Vimes

NZ Touring pics:Brass Monkey 2009:Kiwi Sun:Tiki-touring: Daytrips in NZ
Shaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 01:52 AM   #87
blacktiger
Tigers R great.
 
blacktiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: St.Leonards on Sea, England.
Oddometer: 3,515
Who's done it already?

Got my bike exploded to fit the LR4 lamps but can't decide where to wire them in. Anyone already done it and can tell me how you did it?

Also, the dimmer is quite big and doesn't mount anywhere easily on the 800XC. Anyone found a nice place for it? At the moment I've velcro'd it to one of my handlebar clamps.

__________________
2002 black Tiger955i, 72000 miles and counting.
2012 black Tiger800XC, 32000 miles and counting.
blacktiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:59 AM   #88
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer
 
Shawnee Bill's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Oddometer: 1,895
Still don't have pictures but on the BMW F800GS there is enough room on the handlebar mount to the triple clamp to just stick the dimmer to the front of that with strong double sided tape. Easy to reach there. When I wire the trigger wire to the bright lights it won't really be necessary to have to dimmer as easy to get to.

I haven't had an opportunity to have good close look at an 800xc yet but from the pictures I see it looks to be a twin to the 800GS


.
__________________
1200 GSAW
FE 390
KLR 650 (not new)
GL1800
FZ-1 For sale
Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:45 PM   #89
JustinP OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
JustinP's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Sunny Colorado
Oddometer: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggie View Post
Any more info? Weight per lamp? Cost?

Cheers n thanks!
We had a change in plans with the 4.5 inch LED lights, and have decided to work with Cyclops to carry that product line. We won't be competing on their product lines here on ADV and will be focusing on other markets for those. If you are interested in the 4.5 inch long range extreme light, we encourage you to go through Cyclops directly. The weight on each of those units is 2 Lbs, and pricing is about $230 each. Worth every penny of that price.
__________________
FAST: 2004 non-ABS "Silver Bullet" FJR - FASTER: 2008 Touring/Endurance Hayabusa
Quality LED Lighting - ADV Discount inside:) - LEDRider LED motorcycle lights
JustinP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:47 PM   #90
JustinP OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
JustinP's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Sunny Colorado
Oddometer: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktiger View Post
Got my bike exploded to fit the LR4 lamps but can't decide where to wire them in. Anyone already done it and can tell me how you did it?

Also, the dimmer is quite big and doesn't mount anywhere easily on the 800XC. Anyone found a nice place for it? At the moment I've velcro'd it to one of my handlebar clamps.
Do you have a panel available with space underneath to panel mount the dimmer? My dimmers are dual-locked inside my glove box. Once they are set at the desired dimmed level, you should not need to access them much; assuming it's relayed to turn on and off with the bike.
__________________
FAST: 2004 non-ABS "Silver Bullet" FJR - FASTER: 2008 Touring/Endurance Hayabusa
Quality LED Lighting - ADV Discount inside:) - LEDRider LED motorcycle lights
JustinP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014