User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2013, 04:52 PM   #1
lordkenyon OP
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Original BMW Rallye Jacket/Pants?

I recently picked up an unused, original BMW Rallye jacket/pants with the CE armor (I least that's what I believe it is--had a pr #230505). It didn't, however, have any of the liners. Any idea where I could get these or would the Rallye 2 liners work?

Appreciate the assistance!
lordkenyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #2
Ron_Ces
Aging Hacker

Oddometer: 1,616
I would contact one of the larger BMW shops. The larger one's have a BMW certified apparel person who would be able to give the the proper BMW part number to help you in your quest.
Ron
Honda Pacific Coast
Ron_Ces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:06 PM   #3
* SHAG *
Unstable

Oddometer: 4,321
The Rallye 2 liners will work but I'm not sure if the will zip in properly which wouldn't matter to me. I've had a R2P many years and usually don't zip the liner to the jacket anyway. I find it a waste of time..

If I woke up tomorrow and my liner was gone, I'd get a good fitting light weight gortex jacket and use it with and without the jacket...
05-GS- Rock Red 92k
06-GS- Dakar-40k Sold
* SHAG * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:03 AM   #4
August West
Wharf Rat

Oddometer: 557
liners

I found a set of Olympia X Moto liners, wind/waterproof plus thermal jacket liners and wind/waterproof pant liners, that I wear under my Santiago jacket and pants. (Call me a cross dresser.) $50 for two jacket liners and the pants liner. BMW liners seem to be worth their weight in gold, at least as far as asking prices go.

The Olympias work for me, the jacket liner is even a presentable piece to wear alone when off the bike.

Just my $0.02.

Flea market and Ebay seem to have RP2 liners for sale frequently.
August West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:43 PM   #5
lordkenyon OP
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Thanks everyone for responses. Took it to the local BMW shop here in SD and they were able to help out. I decided against ordering any liners unless they pop up on ebay or look for another brand. However, did order all new knee, hip, elbow, and shoulder armor for just under $100 total. We test fit the newer Rallye armor and it fit without any problem. New stuff is a bit lighter and thinner, but is supposed to offer better protection due to the materials.

I'll post some part numbers when everything gets in next week. Been commuting with the pants and they work great.
lordkenyon is offline   Reply With Quote