ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-28-2013, 06:30 PM   #16
Hughlysses
Beastly Adventurer
 
Hughlysses's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Summerville, SC
Oddometer: 3,295
It's official- Michael Jordan Motorsports is out of Superbike; National Guard has pulled their sponsorship of MJ and AMA:

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...pro-superbike/
__________________
2007 Buell XB12X Ulysses
1983 Honda VT500FT Ascot
Hughlysses is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:59 PM   #17
mdubya
Right Brigade
 
mdubya's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: western, MD
Oddometer: 7,219
Is there any evidence of a 2014 season to be out of?

__________________
+0
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:29 PM   #18
Motorcyclist
Drag a Bag!
 
Motorcyclist's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Madison, CT
Oddometer: 3,374
This is going to get ugly quick. You can feel it.

NASCAR promoters are having attendance issues, many of the tracks are reducing their seating capacity and stock car teams are having trouble attracting sponsors. I'm sure the money flowing to the home office in Daytona is dwindling. If Jim France didn't pour money into the series in the good times, he is definitely not going to bankroll it in the current economic environment.

The next few months will tell the tale. There may be a lot of van-man operations, like the old days. At least the flat track guys won't notice much difference.

Maybe some of us on AdvRider should band together and purchase the title sponsor rights to the series. I'll throw $20 at it, a few others and we should be in business. Who's with me?

Motorcyclist screwed with this post 10-28-2013 at 07:39 PM
Motorcyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #19
sprocketjock
Studly Adventurer
 
sprocketjock's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Oddometer: 823
Considering National Guard was throwing $2.25 million to sponsor Hayden we"ll need a lot of inmate donations.
sprocketjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:49 PM   #20
peterhively
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Oddometer: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
Is there any evidence of a 2014 season to be out of?

Three round confirmed so far, Daytona, Elkhart, and New Jersey

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...orsports-park/
__________________
GSX-R Parts for sale

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...5#post11700125
peterhively is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:59 AM   #21
EKIN
Just Do It
 
EKIN's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Cumming, GA - Close to the Hills!
Oddometer: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcyclist View Post
This is going to get ugly quick. You can feel it.

NASCAR promoters are having attendance issues, many of the tracks are reducing their seating capacity and stock car teams are having trouble attracting sponsors. I'm sure the money flowing to the home office in Daytona is dwindling. If Jim France didn't pour money into the series in the good times, he is definitely not going to bankroll it in the current economic environment.

The next few months will tell the tale. There may be a lot of van-man operations, like the old days. At least the flat track guys won't notice much difference.

Maybe some of us on AdvRider should band together and purchase the title sponsor rights to the series. I'll throw $20 at it, a few others and we should be in business. Who's with me?
You can feel it...not good times for AMA roadracing.
__________________
"Avoidance of danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."
EKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:22 PM   #22
Hughlysses
Beastly Adventurer
 
Hughlysses's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Summerville, SC
Oddometer: 3,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clem Kevin View Post
Maybe MJ will take a shot at WSBK's evo?
Well this is interesting:

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2013/Oct/131029d.htm
__________________
2007 Buell XB12X Ulysses
1983 Honda VT500FT Ascot
Hughlysses is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:25 PM   #23
mdubya
Right Brigade
 
mdubya's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: western, MD
Oddometer: 7,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterhively View Post
Three round confirmed so far, Daytona, Elkhart, and New Jersey

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...orsports-park/
Thanks.
__________________
+0
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:36 PM   #24
misanthropic
Studly Adventurer
 
misanthropic's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Keller TX
Oddometer: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcyclist View Post
This is going to get ugly quick. You can feel it.

NASCAR promoters are having attendance issues, many of the tracks are reducing their seating capacity and stock car teams are having trouble attracting sponsors. I'm sure the money flowing to the home office in Daytona is dwindling. If Jim France didn't pour money into the series in the good times, he is definitely not going to bankroll it in the current economic environment.

The next few months will tell the tale. There may be a lot of van-man operations, like the old days. At least the flat track guys won't notice much difference.

Maybe some of us on AdvRider should band together and purchase the title sponsor rights to the series. I'll throw $20 at it, a few others and we should be in business. Who's with me?
In
misanthropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:51 PM   #25
swimmer
armchair asshole
 
swimmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: tucson
Oddometer: 4,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post

I guess WSBK seems most logical but it would be nice to see more involvement from the US in moto2 as a way to give US riders a more friendly path to motogp.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:12 PM   #26
bikerfish
flyfishandride
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: western pa
Oddometer: 1,509
don't blame them at all for leaving, cause there's nothing left. the series has become an embarrassment. DMG was supposed to grow the series after the ama sold them the rights, instead, they have killed it.
I hate them for what they have done to the sport I love. fuck em up their nascar asses.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, somebody start a new national series!!!!
best of luck to MJ, moto2, WSBK, wherever?? It's GOT to be better than here.
bikerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:12 PM   #27
Pantah
Patriot Nation?
 
Pantah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: India Wharf
Oddometer: 10,116
I would imagine if the world superbike series people were looking for new names to compete in their series, Michael Jordan would be near the top. If I were them, I would probably try and help with the economics.
__________________
Straight ahead and faster -Bo Weaver 1970
"There I was..." -Griffin Niner Three Hotel
"One day closer to a parade..." Jonny Gomes, spring training 2013
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:47 PM   #28
mdubya
Right Brigade
 
mdubya's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: western, MD
Oddometer: 7,219
Hmmm...Jordan Motorsports going international... Spies retires from Ducati while his insiders say lots is going on behind the scenes (even after the retirement announcement)... gf tweets never say never...

I have always thought the Jumpman brand and Nike had much bigger potential if the right moto opportunity came a long.

Whaddaya figger Nike pays James Stewart to wear Nike boots in SX/MX? $1M/year? I bet they do.
__________________
+0
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:13 PM   #29
bikerfish
flyfishandride
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: western pa
Oddometer: 1,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
Hmmm...Jordan Motorsports going international... Spies retires from Ducati while his insiders say lots is going on behind the scenes (even after the retirement announcement)... gf tweets never say never...

I have always thought the Jumpman brand and Nike had much bigger potential if the right moto opportunity came a long.

Whaddaya figger Nike pays James Stewart to wear Nike boots in SX/MX? $1M/year? I bet they do.
Spies racing for Jordan does sound like a good plan, I'd guess WSBK, only if spies can get healed up and ride that damn bike like he used to! if not, plenty of young guns out there that can get the job done.
bikerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:24 PM   #30
mdubya
Right Brigade
 
mdubya's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: western, MD
Oddometer: 7,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerfish View Post
Spies racing for Jordan does sound like a good plan, I'd guess WSBK, only if spies can get healed up and ride that damn bike like he used to! if not, plenty of young guns out there that can get the job done.
Indeed.
__________________
+0
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014