Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 08:05 AM   #181
Kedgi OP
Banned

Oddometer: 1,388
Heet

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokesman View Post
NAPA sells Heet, an fuel additive/moisture eliminator.
I will keep that in mind in case i need it again.

Thanks
Old 11-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #182
jit6oocc
Oups...

Oddometer: 10
relieved finaly

Hello Kedgi!
Glad to hear your steed is running fine again! Those kind of intermitent trouble creates more problem in the back of your head than in real life... Let's hope it's all over!

About the trike,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedgi View Post
...A cool trike I saw at a gas station in Charleston, VA

Kedgi
Your're probably aware that those are canadian? The one you pictured has a Harley twin and theire new sport version is now powered by BMW (was a hayabusa motor before).
Go have a look if you plan to had a wheel one day...
http://www.campagnamotors.com/

Salutations,

Jimmy
Old 11-09-2013, 06:56 PM   #183
Fordfixer
Semi Old Fart

Oddometer: 34
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=461827

Seems the fuel pump/filter system has been problematic on the 990. Might want to buy gas at a marina(no alcohol to attract water) when possible.
watching Kedji go round and round

Fordfixer screwed with this post 11-09-2013 at 07:24 PM
Old 11-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #184
riverman
Life is great !

Oddometer: 154
Dwight, for your interest, you can purchase the Seafoam product now at Marshland in Moncton. I used to only be able to get it stateside but they started carrying it here last year. Great product. Hope it solves your issues for you.

'11 WR250R
'13 Tiger 800XC
Old 11-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #185
Kedgi OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jit6oocc View Post
Hello Kedgi!
Glad to hear your steed is running fine again! Those kind of intermitent trouble creates more problem in the back of your head than in real life... Let's hope it's all over!

About the trike,

Your're probably aware that those are canadian? The one you pictured has a Harley twin and theire new sport version is now powered by BMW (was a hayabusa motor before).
Go have a look if you plan to had a wheel one day...
http://www.campagnamotors.com/

Salutations,

Jimmy
No poop!

I was distracted at the time by dozens and i mean dozens of Police cars racing to some incident, lights, sirens, haulin' ass. i was talking to Angele who Googled what was going on in Charleston, to find out what was going on at the moment, only to find they were all racing to a murder in an expensive neighborhood. distracted, I never even spoke to the rider/owner, but it was a pretty cool trike.

Kedgi
Old 11-09-2013, 09:23 PM   #186
Kedgi OP
Banned

Good to Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverman View Post
Dwight, for your interest, you can purchase the Seafoam product now at Marshland in Moncton. I used to only be able to get it stateside but they started carrying it here last year. Great product. Hope it solves your issues for you.
Good to know, Rory, I am going to throw a couple cans of that stuff in my saddle bags before I head into Mexico.

Kedgi
Old 11-09-2013, 09:31 PM   #187
Kedgi OP
Banned

Hi Preformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordfixer View Post

Seems the fuel pump/filter system has been problematic on the 990. Might want to buy gas at a marina(no alcohol to attract water) when possible.

You know, I don't think my KLR would have even burped on that bad gas. If you are going to ride an engine like the KTM has, you are going to have issues with gas. Here in the, South there are lots of high performance motors but most of them are attached to boats. There are 35 foot boats here with four 300hp motors attached to their transoms. Those guys hate ethanol. I am beginning to understand why.

Kedgi
Old 11-09-2013, 09:32 PM   #188
Kedgi OP
Banned

Stars

Thanks
Old 11-09-2013, 09:42 PM   #189
Kedgi OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordfixer View Post

If you are going to ride a bad a** bike like the 990 I guess you have to expect these issues. High performance machines are not always the most reliable machines....having said that, I cannot believe how wonderful a bike KTM has made. the more I ride it, the better I like it. I am a slow old guy, and this bike make me feel like some fast young guy. It flies. It is an outstanding motorcycle.

Kedgi
Old 11-09-2013, 09:58 PM   #190
Kedgi OP
Banned

Go Seahawks

Tomorrow, Sunday, I intend to watch Seahawks football. I hope you'll all watch too. Mr. Wilson is about to become an NFL legend, .....don't miss history in the making... 1PM Eastern

I have already convinced a local spot to put the game on for me

More later...

Kedgi
Old 11-11-2013, 07:48 AM   #191
Kedgi OP
Banned

Passing of a friend

I was deeply saddened this morning to learn of the passing of a good friend in Key West. Those of you that know me have no doubt heard me speak very highly of my friend Marilyn, better known as Chicken.

Some of you may know her too, she worked for many years at the Green Parrot in Key West.

Chicken had a big heart, was a kind soul, with an engaging personality and a great sense of humour. She will be greatly missed by her many friends.

Kedgi screwed with this post 11-11-2013 at 02:17 PM
Old 11-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #192
Kedgi OP
Banned

Headed for Houston

Tomorrow I will be leaving Port A and headed for Houston to meet up with my friend Bud. Looks like I will be just ahead of the cold snap. They said on TV this morning freezing temperatures could drop as far south as San Antonio. The wind is forecast to be out of the north at 30mph on Wednesday but daytime highs should still reach 60 degrees.

More later....

Kedgi
Old 11-11-2013, 02:54 PM   #193
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedgi View Post
They said on TV this morning freezing temperatures could drop as far south as San Antonio.
Following along, but really waiting for the Mexico part.

Be aware that San Antonio drivers lose all sense of their mind during cold snaps, rain, fog, or even on windy days.

Even on good weather days, driving skill here is at a premium.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:39 PM   #194
Kedgi OP
Banned

Trice meeeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post
Following along, but really waiting for the Mexico part.

Be aware that San Antonio drivers lose all sense of their mind during cold snaps, rain, fog, or even on windy days.

Even on good weather days, driving skill here is at a premium.

Hey Trice

I would like to meet you when i get back from the Great White North. Spent a great day talking to Jim, an ex Vietnam era Huey driver. Frack! We have people tell us Mexico is dangerous! Holy crap! To sit and drink a few on Veterans Day with these guys......Yikes! His stories were amazing and I would like to think, well vetted, with my knowledge of aviation. I have to tell y'all some of what he told me. Wow!

All that aside, I want to meet some of you guys that live down on the border...stay tuned...I will make an effort to see you in January

Kedgi....

More later
Old 11-12-2013, 06:53 AM   #195
Kedgi OP
Banned

Windy Texas

Murphy's Law

Today I have to go to Katy and the wind is coming up. Forecast to be 25 gusting to 40 mph later today. wish me luck, I am outta here.

More later

Kedgi
Closed Thread