Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 11:00 PM   #76
Kedgi OP
Banned

Oddometer: 1,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8grins View Post
Then Mexico is the perfect place for you to have your dental work done.
Yikes

Did i touch a nerve?

Lets keep it civilized!

We're all friends here

Kedgi

Dui

Dwight
Old 10-26-2013, 11:06 PM   #77
Kedgi OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejones View Post
Which of the stories is true ? All we can believe is Jim died from something.
Holy Crap!

I had no Idea what i was opening up with this conversation.

I will tell you something about myself in hopes that it will Moderate or is it Mitigate this conversation

When my Mom was alive, God rest her soul, she said "you can tell Dwight anything you like, he will consider it, and then he will do exactly what he wants to do"

It is what makes me an adventurer, it is why you read what I write here.

db
Old 10-26-2013, 11:15 PM   #78
Kedgi OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexBuck View Post
Hey Dee White

Sorry it's taken so long for me to chime in here . . . been spending my time drinking a lot of cheap (the only thing cheap here) French wine and eating some pretty good French food. Am getting a little chubby(ier).

Weather permitting, when I get back in early November will be trying to ferry my bike down to California and then back in Jan to pick it up. I know we have a couple similar favorite beaches and other Mexican haunts, so hopefully we will meet up sometime this winter.

Ride safe, have fun and we'll hopefully see you down the road.
Man..I would like THAT ... That descent we did in Ecuador with Toni and Franki AWESOME! The best riding ever! Lets do it again somewhere.. to ride with three guys that can RIDE on such awesome roads..EPIC! Dentistry is interesting but lets not forget what ADVrider is all about, You ROCK

Dui
Old 10-26-2013, 11:20 PM   #79
Kedgi OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Tivo View Post
Im rather new in this forum, because I just bought myself a 13GSW. Im an MD Ophthalmologist. All the talk about bad Mexican MD`s is just plain BS. All doctors have complications, the only ones that don't have them are the ones that don't practice. I dearly understand the CAN/US dentist about having work done somewhere else, since I suffer the same with Mexican patients wanting to have work done in the US/CAN. As for myself I trained in CAN and practice in Monterrey, Mex. My father is having some implants done as we speak, they are expensive by Mexican standard, but cheaper than US/CAN. The Dentist doing the work is a close friend and trained in the US/Harvard, so he know his stuff.

Kedgi:
If you are going to port aransas, you might as well go to Laredo 2hr, and cross the border and ride to Monterrey, another 2hrs.
PM me if you need info or a place to stay. I have not been on many touring adventures but many off road adventures on my ATV.

good luck
Felipe

Dude.... send me a PM! Welcome aboard!

Kedgi
Old 10-26-2013, 11:26 PM   #80
Kedgi OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by romafras View Post
Are you sure about Mexican dentist ???
Here is my experience. Enjoy.

I want to watch this video... but not til later. I just had a beer with Sarah Palin, while watching the World Series ..Sarah says she can see Russia from her house!!!

This is turning out to be an adventure

More later!

Kedgi

Dui

Dwight

Pics to follow
Old 10-26-2013, 11:28 PM   #81
gr8grins
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 186
My bad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedgi View Post
Yikes

Did i touch a nerve?

Lets keep it civilized!

We're all friends here

Kedgi

Dui

Dwight
I apologize for not being clear. I was referring to the guy that thinks dentistry is no more complex than auto body work. I honestly meant no disrespect to you (or any auto body folks as I know that when done well it is a rare art form).

I am enjoying your ride report and I am looking forward to the day I can come to ride in the beautiful part of N. America you call home. You take great pics and tell the story nicely. I look forward to keeping up with your progress. Thank you for taking us with you.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:41 PM   #82
gr8grins
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 186
Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Tivo View Post
Im rather new in this forum, because I just bought myself a 13GSW. Im an MD Ophthalmologist. All the talk about bad Mexican MD`s is just plain BS. All doctors have complications, the only ones that don't have them are the ones that don't practice. I dearly understand the CAN/US dentist about having work done somewhere else, since I suffer the same with Mexican patients wanting to have work done in the US/CAN. As for myself I trained in CAN and practice in Monterrey, Mex. My father is having some implants done as we speak, they are expensive by Mexican standard, but cheaper than US/CAN. The Dentist doing the work is a close friend and trained in the US/Harvard, so he know his stuff.

Kedgi:
If you are going to port aransas, you might as well go to Laredo 2hr, and cross the border and ride to Monterrey, another 2hrs.
PM me if you need info or a place to stay. I have not been on many touring adventures but many off road adventures on my ATV.

good luck
Felipe
Congratulations on the new bike!

No one said anything about MDs. However you are correct, the only doctors that don't have problems are the ones that don't practice. Dentists too.

I am not opposed to having work done outside the US or Canada, that is why I cautioned Kedgi to choose carefully.

gr8grins screwed with this post 10-26-2013 at 11:54 PM
Old 10-27-2013, 04:39 AM   #83
Kedgi OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8grins View Post
I apologize for not being clear. I was referring to the guy that thinks dentistry is no more complex than auto body work. I honestly meant no disrespect to you (or any auto body folks as I know that when done well it is a rare art form).

I am enjoying your ride report and I am looking forward to the day I can come to ride in the beautiful part of N. America you call home. You take great pics and tell the story nicely. I look forward to keeping up with your progress. Thank you for taking us with you.
No worries, Welcome along on what I hope is another great ride. I'm glad you are reading.

As far as the dentistry goes...I was going to Mexico anyway. I just want to check out all my options..

I hope you do make it to the Maritimes. It is a beautiful place with lots of wonderful riding.

Kedgi
Old 10-27-2013, 04:45 AM   #84
Kedgi OP
Banned

Talking Happy Endings

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZLADY650 View Post
While visiting Antigua, Guatemala 2 years ago on our RT 1100 my husband had two porcelain crowns replaced and I had one at a cost of $150 each and they are still in place and have had no infections and intend to return for more work. We just came across the Dentist when we were roaming the streets so nothing was pre-arranged.
I like stories with Happy Endings like this!

Kedgi
Old 10-27-2013, 05:40 AM   #85
Kedgi OP
Banned

Ocean City

Let's put the discussion of the merits of Mexican Dentistry behind us for now and get back to the task at hand, that is showing you all some of the wonderful things you see when you jump on your bike, solo and travel.

Yesterday I caught the Cape May NJ to Lewes Delaware ferry.

Cape May has a huge park famous for birdwatching and on the ferry there were lots of birdwatchers having fun

I got to Lewes, had a look around this nice, very clean upscale town

Saw this cool Museum and went in. It shows the culture and history of the Delaware Coast, everything from shipwrecks in the 1700's to the Deleware contribution to the Space Race, it was pretty cool

Old 10-27-2013, 05:58 AM   #86
damurph
Cold Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,479
I was in Cape May 33 years ago. I may have gotten a shade drunk that day. Thanks for reminding me of things that I can't remember because of the stupidity of youth.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:21 AM   #87
Kedgi OP
Banned

Thumb Ocean City continued

I didn't spend long in Lewes and I didn't really know where I was going so I rode to Rehoboth Beach. I rode around, was absolutely dumbstruck by how busy the place was. It was like Daytona on steroids. I couldn't even find a place to park, so no pictures, sorry. Masses of people on packed sidewalks, it was crazy!

I got out of there and rode further south. Nice day but again very windy and cool. I stopped in a McDonalds, used their wifi and came up with a plan to find a Dog Fish Head beer and a Dale's Ale when I stopped. Dales is the first carft brewed beer to be sold in a can, which is a new trend in home brewing, canning, because it protects your beer from light.

I decided to head for Ocean City which I knew little of, but I found a place online called Shorebillies, which is a craft brewery and supposedly also has Dogfish and Dales. I asked about a room at the hotel next door which was on a tremendous beachfront boardwalk and got a place for $59...a room which I found out later goes for about $300 in Summertime. It was after 3 and I doubted I could find a better spot if I pushed on, so I stopped.

I went for a wonderful walk on the amazing boardwalk. Walked by Shorebillies

Then, walked for miles on the boardwalk

Ocean City has a fantastic beach

Where you see weird stuff

and cool stuff

Cotton Candy

Lots of little beach hotels, all closed for the season

This beautiful Boardwalk sign

Arcades

Popcorn

Upscale beach accommodations

Pizza

Sharks, crashing though buildings

Hats for sale

Cool shirts for sale

Ferris wheels and roller coasters

Beer mugs

A history of Ocean City

At the end of the boardwalk you come to this tower

and get this amazing view, the wind would almost knock you over here

On my way back I passed a bar called Sandy Bottoms

and they had something you will never see in Canada

Obviously this required further investigation!

I didn't take too many pictures after that. I spent nearly $10 bucks and had a great time talking to this wonderful couple Brad and Karen and was amazed that Brad knows New Brunswick well, he works in the travel trailer industry and passes through Shediac all the time

Here is Brad and Karen

Really nice people!

I also met Wolfie, he was beautiful!

Brad Karen and I walked back up the boardwalk and they went home and I went into Shorebillies, found out they didn't have either beer I was looking for, tried one of their Honey Brown Ales and it was good but at $6 bucks it wasn't as good as $1 Drafts

Went to the 9th Street Ale House, watched some college ball where Ohio basically gave a clinic to Penn State and I thought what a sin, what happed at Penn State

I watched the game with these two retired nurses who were wonderful to talk to

Then I got my picture taken with Sarah Palin. Honestly this girl, Cindy, looks and sounds so much like Sarah Palin it was uncanny.

She said when the whole Sarah Palin thing was happening she was asked many times if she would appear as an impersonator but she turned them down. She even showed me a picture of one of her 4 children who looks so much like Bristol Palin it is amazing.

Here is Sarah, I mean Cindy

So, I had a great day. A wonderful boat ride, a ride along an amazing shore I had never seen before and a walk on a tremendous boardwalk where I had cheap beer and met some fun people. Awesome! Ocean City is great.

Today is going to be an easy day. I am kind of tired of riding in cold wind and want to watch football

More later...

Kedgi
Old 10-27-2013, 07:22 AM   #88
Kedgi OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by damurph View Post
I was in Cape May 33 years ago. I may have gotten a shade drunk that day. Thanks for reminding me of things that I can't remember because of the stupidity of youth.
Your still young Murph! I mean, how many guys can still ride year round in St. John's

Kedgi
Old 10-27-2013, 08:08 AM   #89
poolman
Gnarly Poolside Adv.

Oddometer: 728
Dwight,

Great (although controversial) ride report! I hope you had a hotel nearby after spending $10 on $1 drafts

I wish I knew you were heading down the Delaware coast; I have a couple of beach houses in Fenwick Island (between Rehobeth Beach and Ocean City) and I would have been happy to host. I actually walked the OC boardwalk with my kids and dogs last weekend.

Cheers,

Pat

Sacred Valley of the Incas
Costa Rica Solo
Old 10-27-2013, 01:13 PM   #90
Ulyses
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedgi View Post
Hi Bryce!

Thanks Bryce, L love my new KTM.

Great to hear from you, I haven't seen you since breakfast at the market in Lima! It would be very cool if we can get together again. I am in Cape May NJ this morning. I plan to take the ferry over to Delaware and ride on the Delaware Coast today, Rehoboth Beach then Virginia Beach etc. Where are you? I couldn't get your Spot Locator to work.

My plan is to head to Port Aransas TX. It is south of Houston, a wonderful little town. I have a friend, Jody who lives there that I want to go see, and I want to visit the Salty Dog, the best little Honky Tonk in TX Then my plan is to ride up to AZ...hopefully we can get together.

Kedgi
Dwight,

No Spot beacon for this ride; it's kind of un-planned. I had to have all my riding gear shipped down here from Oregon. I start riding west from Florida tomorrow; I'll probably be in Houston mid week and then I'll be bumming around Texas for a few days to see old friends and check out a school. After that I'll be heading west through New Mexico and Arizona. Let's keep in touch! It would be great to meet up again. The world is such a small place on a motorcycle!
Closed Thread