Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 01:03 PM   #91
BMRDOUG
GSA Rider

Oddometer: 35
Subscribed

Kedgi, followed you last RR & enjoyed it, in for this one.
Maybe with the $$ you save on your dental work you can get KTM on front teeth in gold
Have a safe trip

CHEERS
Doug
Old 10-27-2013, 01:15 PM   #92
Slowphil
REALLY Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,521
Kedgi: missed you last year when I was down in Argentina as well, live just down the road from you in Kingsport NS, thought I'd say have a good trip this winter. When I was in Cusco Peru I had to have emergency dental work done, German trained dentist, top of the line equipment, ultra clean offices and reasonable price for the amount of work done. If I ever need lots of dental work again I'm heading south. I'll be following your trip this year for sure!

Super Blackbird CBR 1100XX.......making squids out of gentlemen since 1996

Slowphil screwed with this post 10-27-2013 at 01:24 PM
Old 10-27-2013, 01:40 PM   #93
patiodadio
Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 351
My wife needs a implant, subscribed

Old 10-27-2013, 02:08 PM   #94
Kedgi OP
Banned

Oddometer: 1,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulyses View Post
Dwight,

No Spot beacon for this ride; it's kind of un-planned. I had to have all my riding gear shipped down here from Oregon. I start riding west from Florida tomorrow; I'll probably be in Houston mid week and then I'll be bumming around Texas for a few days to see old friends and check out a school. After that I'll be heading west through New Mexico and Arizona. Let's keep in touch! It would be great to meet up again. The world is such a small place on a motorcycle!
Bryce

Looks like this might work. I can "light the jets" under the KTM and probably catch you. My buddy Moto Ray lives in Louisiana on the north shore of Poncatrain (sp) I might even catch you around there or in TX depending on your schedule ....cool

Kedgi
Old 10-27-2013, 03:00 PM   #95
damurph
Cold Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by patiodadio View Post

Only one??? Isn't that gonna make her lopsided???
Old 10-27-2013, 05:34 PM   #96
Kedgi OP
Banned

Implant vs Implants

Quote:
Originally Posted by patiodadio View Post

That's better than if she needed implants

Welcome aboard!

Stay tuned!

Kedgi

Kedgi screwed with this post 10-27-2013 at 05:50 PM
Old 10-27-2013, 05:42 PM   #97
Kedgi OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolman View Post
Dwight,

Great (although controversial) ride report! I hope you had a hotel nearby after spending $10 on $1 drafts

I wish I knew you were heading down the Delaware coast; I have a couple of beach houses in Fenwick Island (between Rehobeth Beach and Ocean City) and I would have been happy to host. I actually walked the OC boardwalk with my kids and dogs last weekend.

Cheers,

Pat

Too bad I missed you! I wish I had known where I was going, I miss my GPS, navigating by map is time consuming. I hit the shore vs the Blue Ridge just in hopes it would be warmer and I made the decesion on the absolute spur of the moment.

Delaware and New Brunswick are not that far apart, I'm sure we'll still get to meet.

I appreciated your great advice on the Sacred Valley last Winter, let's keep in touch!

Kedgi
Old 10-27-2013, 05:48 PM   #98
Kedgi OP
Banned

Laugh I love my KTM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRDOUG View Post
Kedgi, followed you last RR & enjoyed it, in for this one.
Maybe with the $$ you save on your dental work you can get KTM on front teeth in gold
Have a safe trip

CHEERS
Doug

I love my KTM and my dealership in Moncton, Toys for Big Boys has been awesome. Frank Leger and Brittany Baxter at Toys are great if you ever need anything in Moncton....but gold embrossing on my teeth may be taking it a bit too far

Thanks for following along!

Kedgi
Old 10-27-2013, 05:49 PM   #99
Kedgi OP
Banned

Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowphil View Post
Kedgi: missed you last year when I was down in Argentina as well, live just down the road from you in Kingsport NS, thought I'd say have a good trip this winter. When I was in Cusco Peru I had to have emergency dental work done, German trained dentist, top of the line equipment, ultra clean offices and reasonable price for the amount of work done. If I ever need lots of dental work again I'm heading south. I'll be following your trip this year for sure!
We will have to get together. I love a ride to NS

Kedgi
Old 10-27-2013, 05:57 PM   #100
Kedgi OP
Banned

FB and World Series

I'm in Virginia Beach tonight. I rode down from Ocean City in about 4 hours, found a cheap place on the beach, watched Football and now Game 4 of the World Series

The ride was great, NO WIND...first day since I left home it hasn't been windy. Had a great crossing on the Chesapeake Bridge. Blue Sky 15C ...It doesn't get a lot better

Took a lot of pictures I'll post them later, I have some Base Ball to watch

Kedgi
Old 10-27-2013, 08:10 PM   #101
TemeculaRider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 565
I am positively drooling over the KTM.

I have been in La Paz, Baja for a couple of years and made friends with a local Mexico City-trained dentist who came highly recommended. Since then all my visiting family has spread the word about this guy after getting dental work done at 90% less compared to their local dentists and I am seriously considering operating a "dental tourism" service. Not really, but my brother came last month on an emergency trip to get dental work done and what had been quoted at $15,000 in Tennessee for tons of completely unnecessary, expensive and painful procedures was done for $2000, including $850 airfare!

Anyway, subscribed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn
you are safer in 99% of Northern Mexico than you are in 99% of Jacksonville, FL.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:50 AM   #102
Kedgi OP
Banned

Thumb Heading to Morehead City

Many years ago I met a young guy who was a waiter in a Pizza Hut on the I-95 in NC and he spoke so fondly of his beautiful hometown, Morehead City, NC I have always wanted to go see it. It is a bit out of the way and dozens of times I have thought about going there and decided I didn't have the time. Well today's the day! As soon as I can get some breakfast I am out of here.

I had a great sleep and woke up to a wondeful sunrise over the Atlantic and saw dolphins swimming along the shore. Spectacular.

In the interest of making some distance today pictures will have to be posted later.

Good Morning from Virginia Beach

more later.....

Kedgi
Old 10-28-2013, 04:51 AM   #103
CallMeBoog
Done

Oddometer: 5,523
Edited.

Sorry Kedgi - I'll take it to a PM and not clutter your ride report with snarky dead-horse beating.

Ride on

CallMeBoog screwed with this post 10-29-2013 at 05:58 AM
Old 10-28-2013, 11:20 AM   #104
bESS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedgi View Post
Many years ago I met a young guy who was a waiter in a Pizza Hut on the I-95 in NC and he spoke so fondly of his beautiful hometown, Morehead City, NC I have always wanted to go see it. It is a bit out of the way and dozens of times I have thought about going there and decided I didn't have the time. Well today's the day! As soon as I can get some breakfast I am out of here.

more later.....

Kedgi
Dwight:

I just looked at my map. It is a bit out of the way but looks like it may be a great place to visit. Right on the water

if you are on a timetable then it's hard to see everything but if you don't make time then you will never get there and it will always be on your mind

what happened to your GPS ? I thought you had one.

bob

current RR --> click here
Old 10-29-2013, 08:08 AM   #105
Kedgi OP
Banned

Gps

Quote:
Originally Posted by bESS View Post
Dwight:

I just looked at my map. It is a bit out of the way but looks like it may be a great place to visit. Right on the water

if you are on a timetable then it's hard to see everything but if you don't make time then you will never get there and it will always be on your mind

what happened to your GPS ? I thought you had one.

bob

Hi Bob

I do have a GPS but it broke. The screen could no longer decipher what it was I was trying to tell it to do, so, I looked on ADVrider and there was a fix posted there. You can order a new screen for next to nothing and fix it yourself, I tried, made things worse and sent it in for repairs...It is not back yet.

Travelling by maps is OK...not as good as by GPS but OK, really time consuming I find, but I got here. It's all good and I will get my GPS back eventually. Aparently the sun frigs up your screen so...never leave your GPS in the sun, when you don't need it, don't use it.

Kedgi
Closed Thread