User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2013, 01:19 PM   #1
Endurodude OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 162
Schuberth C3 pro purchase?

I'm giving serious thought to buying a Schuberth C3 Pro. I currently have an Arai Quantum (RX-Q, I think, in the US) in a medium. I tried on a C3 Pro medium and it felt very nice (the large was too big). It was, however, VERY snug. I wore it in the shop for 20 mins and had no issues. My question (better late than never!) is how much does his helmet give? The sales guy said that it's so snug as it's so quiet, Schuberth's main selling point. I wore my Arai home, allowing myself more time to think about buying it, and I started to wonder whether snug was actually tight?

Does anyone who has one have an issue with its 'snug' nature? Perhaps it beds in to give an excellent fit? Perhaps I'm just it is just a case of getting used to a different manufacturer? If it weren't so expensive I'd just buy the damn thing and be done with it!

Any thoughts from those that own one would be greatfully received!
Endurodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:34 PM   #2
WindSailor
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endurodude View Post
I'm giving serious thought to buying a Schuberth C3 Pro. I currently have an Arai Quantum (RX-Q, I think, in the US) in a medium. I tried on a C3 Pro medium and it felt very nice (the large was too big). It was, however, VERY snug. I wore it in the shop for 20 mins and had no issues. My question (better late than never!) is how much does his helmet give? The sales guy said that it's so snug as it's so quiet, Schuberth's main selling point. I wore my Arai home, allowing myself more time to think about buying it, and I started to wonder whether snug was actually tight?

Does anyone who has one have an issue with its 'snug' nature? Perhaps it beds in to give an excellent fit? Perhaps I'm just it is just a case of getting used to a different manufacturer? If it weren't so expensive I'd just buy the damn thing and be done with it!

Any thoughts from those that own one would be greatfully received!
I own a regular C3 (wife and I both bought one), I guess it would depend on where it was snug.

The wife loves hers, but for me (XXXL - with a pointy head) it gets real tight on the top of the ol forehead after about an hour. Enough that I'm considering shaving the inside pads a little to help with the forehead pressure.

Last year I went into a shop that sold a variety of helmets and the lady had me bend down and look at my head shape - Arai for sure - like night and day. I can't remember the name of the model, but I'm told they don't make that line anymore... so I don't know what's going to be the replacement.

My son has an Arai, but his pressure is on his cheeks.

The helmet I beleive is quieter than most, but that's do to forming a seal at the bottom of the helmet around your neck. For me it doesn't have enough air flow through the top on real hot summer days. It doesn't fog up, but the cost of the replacement shields are up there too... Honestly at the time of the purchase I think I was "keeping up with the Jones's" instead of buying something that would work for me. $700 is a lot of "Jones's".

-Edit - next time that sucker is going to fit better no matter what the brand name is...
WindSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:35 PM   #3
arraflipper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 468
C 3

I have the C 3 my head is kind of oval shaped, and I did get the triangle shape left on my forehead. It has loosened up a little so very seldom do I get it, thou it is very close. Mine was tight on my right ear lobe, so I took a little foam padding out of the liner, by going through a chin strap hole. Now that is very comfortable, really like the helmet. It is hard to say what a few hours of riding is going to feel like when you can only wear one 20 minutes. Good luck!
arraflipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:45 PM   #4
Velocifer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
C3 pro

Ive had mine for a few months. Size M was very snug but comfortable when new. It has loosened up very slightly. BTW previous helmet was a Large Nolan 103.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:46 PM   #5
BullShatter
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 200
C3

I've had my C3 for about 18 months and I love it and I would buy another. The caveat is going to be head shape. I have a rounder head and my medium fits perfect (I think my head size is 7 1/8). If your head is oblong it may not be as comfy.

I will say the dealer support is great but some may think that extra shields are a bit pricey. I bought the dark smoke and an Overland Event in Flagstaff from a Schuberth Rep. I think it was around $95.

As for the purchase price, I'm willing to shell out my hard earned cash if it's going to save my life at some unknown point in the future.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:52 AM   #6
Paulie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 264
I got a C3 pro size L. Yeah it's really snug / tight, so I rolled a baseball around the inside a few x. That helped. It's the quietest & the best flip I've owned...but overpriced fer shure.
Paulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:06 PM   #7
Castle
Red Cloud Slept Here

Oddometer: 1,141
I bought a C3 recently. Yes, it's snug, but the next size up fit oddly. Got the same size as my other helmets. Wore around in the dealer for 20 minutes and decided it was good. Not completely convinced on my first ride as it was still tight, but fiddled with the chin strap. Then I was foolish and wore it on a SS1000 this week. Bottom line, it is the BEST helmet I've ever owned! Quiet, didn't leak in the rain, comfortable and very well built. Worth the money.

A riding buddy suggested putting a soccer ball in the helmet and inflating it to 3-5lbs and leaving it there for a little while to make the helmet bigger. It's worth a shot if you buy one and think it is too tight. My C3 conformed to my face as I wore it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-2013, 07:12 PM   #8
Emperor Norton
Kilroy was here

Oddometer: 988
I've had a C3 since about US release. I don't know if my helmet has a flaw that screws the fog shield or I really do produce that much junk on exhale, but I routinely fog up the pinlock on it. I've replaced the visor and pinlock and pins to no positive effect. Oddly my cheaper Shoei 1000 w/pinlock had no suck issues.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:55 AM   #9
Hookapelli
Adventure-Junkie

Oddometer: 2,089
I made the mistake of trying one on at the dealership last weekend- I think it's the most comfortable helmet I've ever put on my oddly shaped noggin.

I didn't make an impulse purchase- but after reading all the reviews, I might swing by this week and pick one up using the 10% discount associated with my recent acquisition (2013 GSA ).

Anyone using a Scala Q2 with this helmet? I am NOT dropping $400 for another comm system.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:56 PM   #10
se123
Sean

Oddometer: 9
C3

I have a c3 and can honestly say it's the most comfy helmet I've used. I tried Arai but it just didn't fit correctly. I have a more of an oval head

There ant-fog system work great and the drop down lens is pretty nice, no need for sunglasses

It's quieter then other helmets but I still need to wear earplugs or I wear ear buds and listen to music
se123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #11
Motor-110
...respect my Authoritah!

Oddometer: 596
Having brutalized my noggin with their C1 and C3, I just took a leap of faith and mail ordered a C3 Pro.

Wow, what a difference. Superior helmet in fit and finish. I had to take a beating with the first two during the honeymoon (break-in) period. This one I expected the same but after spending six hours in it, none of the previous painful engagement period.

Truly a happy owner.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #12
Hookapelli
Adventure-Junkie

Mine finally showed up today!! Got one pressure point on the top center which was almost unbearable by after 2 hours- but after I got home I pushed the area down and it seems to be GREAT now!

I would highly recommend this helmet (if you can swallow the price factor).

I picked up the BMW Rally jacket today as well (furlough back pay is awesome!)....

The wife asked why it cost so much- I told her it's made from whale foreskin. She immediately stopped touching it. (chortle).

Posted from my iPad using TapatalkHD (probably while pooping)
Old 11-07-2013, 08:46 PM   #13
steveWFL
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,343
Luvn the C3 PRO
'99 ZX9R - because I like the other one so much
'08 ZZR600 minty
steveWFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:55 PM   #14
Motor-110
...respect my Authoritah!

Oddometer: 596
One final note, and this is not a scientific survey, but since I just took to wearin' my new Hi-Viz Yeller C3 Pro, seems like more cars I pull up behind on these two-lane mountain roads tend to pull over and let me go around.

Hmmmmm.....
Old 06-10-2014, 03:09 AM   #15
Hookapelli
Adventure-Junkie

Picked up the SRC for the C3.... Money well spent.