Oddometer: 2,255
Very cool Scott....
pvangel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:57 AM   #32
Tyrepower
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
Hl500

Yep, that's mine. Looks good sounds even better!!!

Chers Richo

My biggest fear is when I die, my wife will sell all my bikes for what I "told her" they cost!!!

It's all good fun until someone gets hurt......... then it's hilarious!!!
Tyrepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:58 PM   #33
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 45,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvangel View Post
Very cool Scott....
I've been of fan of the HL's for a long time. And all variations of. I'll go to my grave regretting not asking a friend who had a souped up XT to let me race it. He had a new XT which he had delivered with an upgraded front end, shocks and pipe. Marazocchi, Fox and Supertrapp but I could be wrong on all 3. The thing is, I was about 20 and he let me ride it a few times and I really clicked on it. The older I get the faster I was but I think I could have done well at Claverack on it I just loved riding that bike. The engine braking was incredible and you just fell in love with the sound and rode it for all you were worth. I'm sure he would have let me I should have asked him.
nachtflug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:03 PM   #34
nachtflug
infidel

and those pictures are from the auction at Rhinebeck in 2010 when they had the auction at the Rhinebeck antique bike meet. It didn't sell. The builder is from Dutchess Co. and is the guy who has the Husky 400 Cross registry and I think at one point owned Steve McQueens 400 but if I see one more "this was Steve McQueens 400 cross and you can buy it for 3 million dollars I'm going to fucking scream.

Nothing personal and sorry for the hijack but his track record on dirt bikes gets way to much attention and homage payed is if he was some big time multi champion. which he wasn't.

rant off.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:34 PM   #35
Tyrepower
Gnarly Adventurer

Rob Phillips is his name. Found him okay to deal with. Helped me with all the trouble to ship the thing to Australia. Not to sure on who has the original Steve McQueen bike. But don't care. I'm only interested in the HL and am keen to see and what a build up of a HL lite is going to turn out like. Hope to see how the plastic tank looks mounted up. Am always worried about damaging my aluminum one when racing. And always think about swapping it out for race's.

Cheers Richo

My biggest fear is when I die, my wife will sell all my bikes for what I "told her" they cost!!!

Old 11-01-2013, 04:39 PM   #36
Motoduc1
backtrackvideo.com

Oddometer: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
and those pictures are from the auction at Rhinebeck in 2010 when they had the auction at the Rhinebeck antique bike meet. It didn't sell. The builder is from Dutchess Co. and is the guy who has the Husky 400 Cross registry and I think at one point owned Steve McQueens 400 but if I see one more "this was Steve McQueens 400 cross and you can buy it for 3 million dollars I'm going to fucking scream.

Nothing personal and sorry for the hijack but his track record on dirt bikes gets way to much attention and homage payed is if he was some big time multi champion. which he wasn't.

rant off.
What he said.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:58 PM   #37
joexr
Banned

Oddometer: 3,773
Quote:

rant off.
Sounds like penis envy.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #38
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
Sounds like penis envy.
hardly. Husqvarna of Sweden and the 400 Cross didn't and doesn't need Steve McQueen to legitimize their status. Ever hear of Malcom Smith or JN Roberts or Torsten Hallman? sonny.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:52 PM   #39
joexr
Banned

Oddometer: 3,773
Quote:
hardly. Husqvarna of Sweden and the 400 Cross didn't and doesn't need Steve McQueen to legitimize their status. Ever hear of Malcom Smith or JN Roberts or Torsten Hallman? sonny.
Yes I have. Have you ever actually raced motorcycles yourself or do you just like putting down dead people?
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:36 PM   #40
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
Yes I have. Have you ever actually raced motorcycles yourself or do you just like putting down dead people?
yes I have. I raced and won on a 1976 360 CR but we'd put WR 5th and 6th gears in it. Is that cheating?
Old 11-01-2013, 08:06 PM   #41
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Well...... not to change the subject but..... I leave at 6:00 am tomorrow to pick up my RM 125 roller and some kind of Moto Guzzi in Ossining NY which came out of Long Island NY earlier today than head to Springfield Mass to drop off Moto Guzzi and pick up the XR 200 than home to load up the YZF250 to sneak in some riding in Milford Ct.in the afternoon.....I need to go to bed
Old 11-01-2013, 10:04 PM   #42
Tyrepower
Gnarly Adventurer

Cant wait, keep posting the pics up. Add up what it all costs. I will be keen to see what you can build this up for. I wouldn't mind doing something similar for my kids. The reason I bought mine instead of building my own was I could get it cheaper than building myself. And the advantage is, as I had a heap of parts and engines for a build I now have a good supply of parts.

Cheers Richo.

Old 11-02-2013, 01:04 PM   #43
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvangel View Post
Well...... not to change the subject but.....
sorry about that...

my bad. I was already well into my 2nd vodka and grapefruit and it was a stiff one.... when I lost control...

sorry!
Old 11-02-2013, 01:15 PM   #44
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Flug I always enjoy your rants!.... no need to apologize.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:25 PM   #45
Scootern29
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 461
Quote:

rant off.
I liked the rant and can totally agree Flug. He thinks if SM even looked at the bike it is worth hundreds of thousands, and I'm not even drinking................yet.
Scootern29 is offline   Reply With Quote