ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2013, 08:49 PM   #16
Road Rash
Infamous

Oddometer: 18,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplayinroach View Post
Karma is a bitch.
That it is, and lets hope karma pays the lowlifescumbags a visit

Get the word out to as many peps as you can and look/ask around yer hood, and post flyers around...................................I bet someone somewhere saw something

Good luck and I hope you get yer bike back.

My Ride Through Roatan
Road Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:19 PM   #17
Luo Ba OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Here's a pic of the bike taken before the hand guards were added.

License plate 5A3884

I'm not sure if this will help anyone else, but here are some close ups of the lock and chain.

-Robert

Luo Ba screwed with this post 10-31-2013 at 01:34 PM
Luo Ba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:50 PM   #18
peterman
cop magnet

Oddometer: 13,004
keep an eye open in your neighborhood for a teenage kid whose dad has metal working tools.
Sadly, no chain, lock, or cable can withstand an abrasive cutoff wheel, and there are plenty of cordless tools available,,less than 30 seconds to cut thru that lock. Pros or Punks,,same tools at play here. Bastards!
peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:54 PM   #19
Hohmie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 402
I'll keep an eye out for it down here.
Cracker ass crackers.
Hohmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:32 PM   #20
what broke now
Petroleum Brother

Oddometer: 1,219
[QUOTE=peterman...
abrasive cutoff wheel+ cordless+ Bastards![/QUOTE]

^^^ this is the recipe.
what broke now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:43 PM   #21
StoneAgeMan
Wanderer

Oddometer: 703
That sucks man.

According to soundrider, there's a gang (group of thieves) working the Seattle area, particularly in Fremont, Wallingford and Ballard:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundRider.com
8/29/13 - Motorcycle thefts spike in Seattle
SEATTLE, Wa - Police are warning several neighborhoods of recent motorcycle thefts, possibly involving three or four people lifting the bikes onto rental trucks. Neighborhood groups in the Fremont, Wallingford and Ballard areas received a memo from Seattle Police, stating: "Thieves are roaming the neighborhoods in the early morning hours using trucks, mostly rental type trucks of the orange and white variety. There are at least three or four working together as they are lifting the bikes up and carrying them to the trucks despite having disc brake locks and other passive type deterrents."
- See more at: http://www.soundrider.com/current/NW....p4ohTrUf.dpuf
StoneAgeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:43 PM   #22
peterman
cop magnet

years ago,,

standard white box van,,rear door, side door.
Rider on a nice Harley pulls into a name brand food joint, perps circle the joint, park the van blocking the view from the food establishment.
One perp goes in, sits in a booth across from the rider, and gives cell phone updates on the rider's activities,,like,,he just went to the pisser, or,, he just got a double order of pie,,one coconut creme, and one banana creme,,he's gonna be here for a while!
doors open, bike gets lifted into plain white van,, rider finishes his pie,,and has no bike to ride to the next beer swill!
This went on for a couple months in NorCal, according to the local stories I got from my brother. This bunch was targeting Harleys.
A minivan with a landscaper type trailer will not even get noticed driving down the street,,you could haul anything and go un-noticed,,unless yer elephant trumpeted at a stop light.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:37 AM   #23
WB-PDX
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,738
I don't even bother locking bikes in my garage, no matter how nice or how easy to steal. There are two angle grindgers and a million cut off wheels in there too.

Having comprehensive insurance is probably the best way to deal with theft, sadly.

I suppose the SPOT solution or IP\Cloud security cameras are great too, but I think comprensive is probably cheaper for a year.
WB-PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:47 AM   #24
wachs
just passin' through

Oddometer: 4,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by WB-PDX View Post
I don't even bother locking bikes in my garage, no matter how nice or how easy to steal. There are two angle grindgers and a million cut off wheels in there too.

Having comprehensive insurance is probably the best way to deal with theft, sadly.

I suppose the SPOT solution or IP\Cloud security cameras are great too, but I think comprensive is probably cheaper for a year.

Got this policy from Foremost for $175/year that more than covers my bike. Added the injury and disability too. It would still suck to lose a bike though dang it.

http://www.altrider.com/product/cate...rch/hemisphere
wachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:35 PM   #25
81forest
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneAgeMan View Post
That sucks man.

According to soundrider, there's a gang (group of thieves) working the Seattle area, particularly in Fremont, Wallingford and Ballard:
Yikes! I live in Fremont. Need to keep a good watch on my flock...

When my GSXR was stolen in Montlake, it was locked with a U-lock and the thieves did not bother to cut it, just loaded it into a rig and took off. It was recovered by Kirkland police two years later, after most of the parts had been sold off.

Hope you get your Husky back!
81forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:03 AM   #26
Luo Ba OP
Adventurer

Thanks again everyone for the thoughts. Every time I see the view count rise I think there's another pair of eyes out looking and I feel better.

I have comprehensive insurance but there's still a significant difference, and I really prefer to have the husky returned home.

I also want to say that Taskys Metric in Everett where I got the Husky has been absolutely outstanding from the time I bought the bike to now.

Wachs, when the bike got stolen I followed your advice and gave them a call. It's an odd call to make. No, I'm not looking for parts. No, I don't have a question about a bike, I just had my bike stolen and really I don't know what else I can do. Not even 30 seconds into the call Jamie told me they would be happy to put the info on their facebook page. They are part of the local riding community and it shows. Shops like theirs will get my support and if you're lucky enough to have a similar family in your neck of the woods, I urge you to do the same.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:07 PM   #27
peterman
cop magnet

My airhead GS was stolen from outside a local tavern while we had supper. I got it back virtually unharmed a few days later,,all because of a photo on a facebook page put up by CyclePsycho,,thanks again Dave! Hey! it's for sale now!
Old 11-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #28
causef0rconcern
Rift Explorer

Oddometer: 223
There goes that. My KTM disappeared last night, along with the panniers off my DR. Fucking bloody hell.

Let's get together and talk about vigilance.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:28 AM   #29
FALAKAR
Adventurer

Are there any husquvarna specific forums that would be worth posting this on? Best of luck getting it back soon, ill definitely keep my eyes peeled down here in oly.
FALAKAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:44 AM   #30
woodsrider-boyd
Wow, these guys are fast

Oddometer: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by FALAKAR View Post
Are there any husquvarna specific forums that would be worth posting this on? Best of luck getting it back soon, ill definitely keep my eyes peeled down here in oly.

http://www.cafehusky.com/

'06 Husqvarna WR125
woodsrider-boyd is offline   Reply With Quote