Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2013, 11:44 AM   #91
Wlfman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72 View Post
For cruisers or motorized couches like Goldwing it could work. They can't really corner hard anyway. And in case of a crash the possible problem with insurance is good to keep in mind (at least in the EU, though the Land of the Free might be different).
Really???

Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the people who are doing it."
"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and JUST BE HAPPY."
Wlfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #92
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post
From the King of ignorance. Well played.

Please share why YOU think the builder of your cruiser didn't equip your bike with a car tire from the get go.

And then please share that if it is such a fine performing idea then why don't you run a CT on the front as well?

You're only half dumb?
Hah,

Boss Hoss bikes came with a car tire as OE for years, in your face dude.......

Old 11-02-2013, 12:09 PM   #93
k-moe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,544
Car tires wear longer than motorcycle tires.

Car tires grip better in mud and snow than motorcycle tires.

Tractor tires wear longer than car tires.

Tractor tires grip better in mud and snow than car tires.

That seals it. I'm putting these on my motorcycle.

k-moe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #94
Bstrom06
Go Buckeyes

Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-moe View Post

Now that there is funny, and I would like to see that too!!!

John Adams
Bstrom06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #95
waveydavey
happy times!!

Oddometer: 9,380
Quote:

Make sure you get tractor tires that are at least rated for highway speeds...if you decide to use your bike on pavement. (BTW which tractor tires are good for 50,000 miles?)

FUCK CANCER!!!!
waveydavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:25 PM   #96
Rollin'
does it come in black?

Oddometer: 1,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bstrom06 View Post
Now that there is funny, and I would like to see that too!!!
Here -

Rollin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #97
gravityisnotmyfriend
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,302
Quote:
Even a 5th grader is smart enough to figure out what the engineers get paid the big bucks for... A single track vehicle that leans to turn performs far better when it is NOT operating on a flat surfaced tire.

Rudimentary common sense stuff. If you are unable to grasp simple truth then yes... "Dumb" (lacking intelligence or good judgment; stupid; dull-witted) is a fair description. If you choose to take it as an insult that is on you.
I don't know why I'm bothering. You've clearly made up your mind. Yes, I used to have the opinion that a car tire would not work on a motorcycle. I had the same narrow view as you. But, I got so sick of those car tire guys acting all superior and spouting off things like, "how can you know how it handles if you don't try it?". I decided that I would try it and I would prove the car tire guys wrong. So I tried it - and what do ya know? The bike handles just fine.

Yes, if the car tire were perfectly flay and perfectly rigid, the handling would be affected. But, it does have raduised corners and it is rubber. It is pliable. It flexes in the corners.

I couldn't agree with this statement more:
If you are unable to grasp simple truth then yes... "Dumb" (lacking intelligence or good judgment; stupid; dull-witted) is a fair description.

Except, my truth is based on my own experiences. Yours is based on your unfounded opinions.

Quote:
From the King of ignorance. Well played.

Please share why YOU think the builder of your cruiser didn't equip your bike with a car tire from the get go.

And then please share that if it is such a fine performing idea then why don't you run a CT on the front as well?

You're only half dumb?

King of ignorance? Do you know what that word means? An inmate was kind enough to put a definition up there if you want to read it. Who is more ignorant? Someone who takes the time to experiment and seek the truth? Or someone who is convinced that they are right with nothing to back it up on?

Motorcycle manufacturers will never put car tires on a cycle in the factory because of you, Dakez. There is no money in it if closed minded individuals pass on a bike based on which tire is on it. Darksiders are not going to pass on a motorcycle if it has a MC tire on the show room floor. People like you would pass on it if it had a car tire.Simple economics - can you grasp it?

People have tried car tires on the back and claim it works well. I've tried it and agree. People have tried car tires on the front and claim it doesn't work well. Without a single person claiming it works despite people trying it, why would i?

Look, I can tell you are not interested in actually debating this topic. If you have any actual questions I'd be happy to answer them. If you are just looking to cast insults and ask ridiculous questions, I'll just put you back on ignore.
gravityisnotmyfriend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #98
Spaggy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 795
Uber Dark

To all you darkside naysayers, this bad mammajamma has it all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TygTasoDwjw
Spaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:42 PM   #99
gravityisnotmyfriend
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wlfman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72 View Post
For cruisers or motorized couches like Goldwing it could work. They can't really corner hard anyway. And in case of a crash the possible problem with insurance is good to keep in mind (at least in the EU, though the Land of the Free might be different).
Really???

That's YellowWolf. He's run the tail of the dragon on a wing with a car tire. I wish I could find the article, but he was quite impressed with how the car tire handled.

gravityisnotmyfriend screwed with this post 11-02-2013 at 01:17 PM
Old 11-02-2013, 12:47 PM   #100
gravityisnotmyfriend
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrphotoman View Post
I can only imagine how shitty they make a bike handle let alone the crippling effect of the flat profile of the car tire.
Yep, that's all you have to go on is your imagination.

So, what's your dog in this fight? You think car tires are dumb and are not going to try them. That's great. To each his own - what the point of your mindless blatherings? Trying to save us from ourselves? Fighting the good fight? Just trolling?
Old 11-02-2013, 12:50 PM   #101
Montague
UDF Adventurer

Oddometer: 664
Quote:

Gots them on my Rokon, corners just fine!

A Brit named Billy once said something silly; he so wrongly concluded that Ural deluded.
Montague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:54 PM   #102
gravityisnotmyfriend
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEmann View Post

Easy to see you get all bent out of shape over this discussion and need to start name calling to help pacify your feelings
however if the" same logic shows up every time this topic comes up"
it's because it's valid and not your self proclaimed "flawed"

the OP wasn't talking about you specifically so why turn the thread into an about you defensive stance ? it's great that it works for your style

as a matter of fact for my street bikes I always used a soft compound tire
and didn't let $ dictate safety for My type of riding

but it wasn't a cruiser so maybe this thread needed to be bike style specific ?

Bent out of shape? I'm calm as a hindu cow. It takes alot more than faceless screen names on the interwebs to rile me up.

What specific tire do you have on your bike right now? Are there any moto-gp racers using that exact tire while racing? Bikes have different needs on the street than they do on the race track. Saying that my choice of tire is bad because no one uses that tire while racing is a silly statement and flawed logic.

Money is no concern for me. Like I said in my first post - I had planned on buying a car tire knowing full well, I'd likely take it right back off and put a motorcycle tire on. Now that it's on, I have no reason to take it off. And what specifically am I risking, safety wise? The rear tire affords better traction in all circumstances and no adverse handling.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:24 PM   #103
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 7,079
I don't run a car tire. 'Never have. Neither of my bikes would probably fit one, but I honestly haven't really looked at sizes of available tires. Why do any of the naysayers care though?

Imagineers are wrong all the time, BTW. They also often have to work within many constraints that home builders/modders/farklers do not.

Car tire development is also more advanced in many areas than MC tire development. For example...Many MC tires are not even safe to use or store in temperatures below freezing. They typically are not made with all-season/winter compounds/construction. The rubber/carcass can actually be damaged by freezing.
Some are guard dogs of the flock. Some herders, search/rescue, or companions. We Devildogs are those, and also retrievers. Hell is our blazing dogpark, our frigid swimming hole. The fallen are our tennis balls. We don't leave the fallen behind, even if the master has to bring them home for us. Semper Fi, my friends.
Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:51 PM   #104
mrphotoman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,050
Quote:

hell with tread that big you KNOW it handles like it is on rails in the curves. I am heading out to the tractor supply store now to pick me up a set too.
mrphotoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #105
mrphotoman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravityisnotmyfriend View Post
Bent out of shape? I'm calm as a hindu cow. It takes alot more than faceless screen names on the interwebs to rile me up.

What specific tire do you have on your bike right now? Are there any moto-gp racers using that exact tire while racing? Bikes have different needs on the street than they do on the race track. Saying that my choice of tire is bad because no one uses that tire while racing is a silly statement and flawed logic.

Money is no concern for me. Like I said in my first post - I had planned on buying a car tire knowing full well, I'd likely take it right back off and put a motorcycle tire on. Now that it's on, I have no reason to take it off. And what specifically am I risking, safety wise? The rear tire affords better traction in all circumstances and no adverse handling.
mrphotoman is offline   Reply With Quote