User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 09:57 AM   #76
llamapacker
Mr. Conservative

Oddometer: 1,199
Oh, and the Multi12 only had one map, just variations of throttle application.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:07 AM   #77
Lion BR
I'd rather be riding

Oddometer: 3,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapacker View Post
Oh, and the Multi12 only had one map, just variations of throttle application.
How do you like the Hyperstrada? I tested one, quite a nice machine (on sport mode).

I'd rather be riding!

Old 11-06-2013, 03:24 PM   #78
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilCon76 View Post
The TEX does not have riding modes, it has a throttle. There are 3 levels of TC, and ABS is selectable. Not the same as Rain mode or Sport mode on other bikes. To my mind it's an OK item to have but a bit gimmicky really.
The s10 has two modes. Sport/Touring. The names are gimmicks.

The S10 motor is not sport so stop calling it that. The touring modes should be called Rough stuff. It works really well in the rough. I think they should just call them normal and off road.

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
Old 11-06-2013, 04:53 PM   #79
stromsavard
Sergio

Oddometer: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
New Super Tenere 1200 at EICMA in Milan

Hi guys

Yesterday I was in the opening day in the fair Eicma in Milano. It was the only day I could go so in my new role as a blogger I tried to have a press accreditation…. And they agreed!!

So, I was lucky enough to visit the fair from 9 to 12 just with the press (all the girls smiles for me) and see the stands without people. Then, the rest of the day was also for trade companies so it wasn’t crowded.
Anyway, as very “professional” blogger I am (!!) I have interviewed a Yamaha guy to know the details of the newSuper Ténéré 1200.
I haven’t found the most informed guy in the stand and I think I knew better the differences we saw from the bike exposed in comparison to my old SuperTen so please don’t blame me if there is something that you know from the new bike and I don’t explain. Te guy realized the information he gave me was poor so he promise me to send me a press kit ... see if they do and when ...

This are the main differences I saw:

- Change of decor (one more... )
- New dashboard
- Windshields different in the two versions (high and low ) and manual height adjustment in 4 positions . I don’t know if it the inclination can be modified. Bar for holding the GPS .
- Electronically controlled suspension with two functions, sport and city (he wasn’t sure)
- Improved engine, more power (He had no idea how many HP, two or three …)
- I guess it will be two versions with electronic suspension as an option. The one with electronic suspension has a plastic cover on the side.
- New mirrors (nicer)
- LED indicators (it was time to change those the old ones that looked like a Chinese scooter )
- Modified tail
- New aluminum kickstand. No center stand?? (see pics)
- Cruise control
- New panel under the main light

Anyway ... the truth is that I was expecting something more, perhaps a dirt oriented version. But they improved a great bike, so we have XT1200Z for more time.

More close up pictures here: http://traildreamer.com/en/nueva-super-tenere-14/

Yamaha Super Ténéré off road modifications: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=797977
that chicks on the left is super hot!!! ahhh those motorcycle show!!
Old 11-06-2013, 05:35 PM   #80
llamapacker
Mr. Conservative

Oddometer: 1,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion BR View Post
How do you like the Hyperstrada? I tested one, quite a nice machine (on sport mode).
Big fun in the back roads and twisties, will get up and go, course I am an old conservative guy. The seat is a little restrictive as to rearward movement (none). I love the lightweight and engine is superb for play, very good fueling. I live in touring, little abrupt for me in sport.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:50 AM   #81
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 16,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by stromsavard View Post
that chicks on the left is super hot!!! ahhh those motorcycle show!!
Is it that cold up there already?
Old 11-07-2013, 07:10 AM   #82
MariusD
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 529
The s10 was the best looking ADV bike out there and I don't know what they did for 14 but they made it look even better. I like it!
Old 11-07-2013, 05:51 PM   #83
RED CAT
Bumpy Backroader

Oddometer: 2,806
You!

Can bet the new 2014 will be better in every way. Most bikes just keep getting better and better every model year. More power, more modes, better suspension, and more stuff. If you're worried about weight, you're riding in the wrong place. This isn't a dirt bike but a really cool, comfortable gravel road and touring machine. Maybe they'll even give us more room to remove the valve cover. Bonus.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:52 PM   #84
Harry Potter OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
I really like the look of the two round auxillary lights below the main lights. I hope they are LEDS at least equal to Rigid Industry lights. Are heated grips standard with the ZE version? It's going to be a long winter waiting for these to arrive. From the photos the blue one screams Yamaha and it would be the one I'd put my deposit on.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:13 PM   #85
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED CAT View Post
Maybe they'll even give us more room to remove the valve cover. Bonus.
Now come on, that's a bit much to expect.

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
Old 11-08-2013, 05:49 AM   #86
AndrewT
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheelr View Post
So, question, anybody, on the 2012 or 2013 if you have it reflashed do you lose the 2 mode option?
Also, will the dealer perhaps be able to reflash the 12 or 13 with the new 2014 flash?
You definitely do not lose the two-mode option; the ECU Unleashed Gen 2 (latest) flash actually increases the apparent difference between the modes.
Since the '14 engine has internal changes (different valves and the like) I'd be surprised if the same flash would work on our earlier Teneres.
Best of luck.
'04 KTM 625 SXC
Old 11-08-2013, 06:44 AM   #87
mitch96
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
Cruise control on Both models or just the ES

The new FJR has the cruise on both models, std and ES. I wonder if it's the same on the Tenere' ???
Curious what is the differences between the std and the ES besides the Electronic suspension on the '14 ????
Old 11-08-2013, 08:15 AM   #88
larryboy
Leisurely Liar

Oddometer: 13,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch96 View Post
The new FJR has the cruise on both models, std and ES. I wonder if it's the same on the Tenere' ???
Curious what is the differences between the std and the ES besides the Electronic suspension on the '14 ????

I read one article that said the cruise is standard on the new Tenere, looks like the center stand is an option on the std.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #89
Roadscum
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
I read one article that said the cruise is standard on the new Tenere, looks like the center stand is an option on the std.
Hope you're right about the cruise being standard. I want the cruise but since I never have a pillion rider no need for the complexity and cost of EAS.

Regards, Paul
Old 11-08-2013, 09:51 AM   #90
mitch96
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadscum View Post
Hope you're right about the cruise being standard. I want the cruise but since I never have a pillion rider no need for the complexity and cost of EAS.
Regards, Paul
Same here, My pillon is the waterproof duffel bag...