Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2013, 11:12 PM   #91
Tripped1
Likely Lost.

Oddometer: 7,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by metale View Post
500cc and 750cc are also nicely placed for the tax floors on European countries. The 751st cc makes the anual tax more than double, for example.

I was going to say want to bet that 500 sits right at 30HP for the places with tiered license systems?

As to the radiator, I'm betting it just looks big because that bike is frigging tiny, that radiator appears smaller than the one one my 675. They are talking a 24" seat height, its definitely going to be munchkin friendly.
Tripped1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:31 PM   #92
Ominous
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiaz View Post
Hey, its Harley's new F650/800 lineup! Enjoy the brand damage that us BMW riders have been suffering with since 1997.
What a snobbish thing to say. Everyone I know under 45 y/o who has a BMW either has or started out with a model in that lineup, they've attracted a whole new demographic of riders. Especially in Europe; myself included. A brand does not survive exclusively on retirees and 50-somethings with a taste for "adventure"
Ominous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:37 PM   #93
Tripped1
Likely Lost.

Oddometer: 7,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by ominous View Post
. A brand does not survive exclusively on retirees and 50-somethings with a taste for "branded leather"

ftfu
Tripped1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:18 AM   #94
ZZ-R Rider
Captain Fantastic

Oddometer: 404
My '06 VT750DC is a 5 spd with rear drum & chain drive, weighs in a smidge shy of 500lbs and is running about 46 HP or so ... I'm guessing that the new H.D. Street 750 will likely better all of those stats ... was pretty much set on replacing my Spirit with a newer model Phantom, but am now anxious to get a close up look at the Street 750 before I make any decisions ... my only concern with the Street is the fact that it is manufactured in India and whether or not becase of that it's overall QA/QC will be less that that of a Japanese manufactured equivalent?
Old 11-05-2013, 12:54 AM   #95
Birdmove
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,585
or me, it's going to be tough. There is one dealer on the Big Island, and that is in Kona. That's up to a 125 mile each way drive. The next problem is, how many will each dealer get? I may never even get to see one of these.
I say this is a good move by HD. And, yes, I too am still pissed about HD dumping Buell.
Birdmove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:43 AM   #96
Wallachian Spikes
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burninator View Post
You've got to site this article. I'd love to see Businessweek refer to a new customer base as "blacks". Holy crap.
Is it now offensive to refer to them as "Blacks"? I know I really get offended & want to show my a$$ whenever my kind are refered to as "Whites", it's such a vicious & hateful way to describe my people.
Wallachian Spikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:03 AM   #97
kraven
Hegelian Scum

Oddometer: 4,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobiker View Post
I'm kind of underwhelmed. I hope they sell a boat load, but......I still rather have a Sporty. Now if they put the drive train in something that looked like the old Honda Ascot, or the XR1200, or the old XLCR, then they'd have my interest. Probably not anybody else's, but they'd have mine

I'm still kinda of pissed at HD over the whole Buell debacle.
I don't know about you, but that bike looks to me like it could easily be shifted into XLCR aesthetics among others.
The whole polished aluminum tail section and hand hammered tank thing would transform that bike, not to mention a set of bigger/better forks and shocks, brakes, etc.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:13 AM   #98
OldF7Guy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaFanatic View Post
Uh, this ain't no V-Rod. No way HD will step over the more expensive 883 or much more expensive 1200 (what, maybe 55 wheel hp?) in power. Piss off way to many customers.

Plus let's face it, these bikes were designed with India in mind. Power ratings don't carry the same importance there.

What will help these new bikes are their lower curb weights.
According to this article the 500 is good for 43hp and the 750 is good for 53hp.

While I know its a totally different animal something like and old Nighthawk 750 will absolutely scald one of these things.
http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/11/04...-at-eicma-2013
http://www.rushlane.com/harley-david...w-1294229.html

The run of the mill 883 is about 45 and 1200 is high 50's stock give or take of course.

OldF7Guy screwed with this post 11-05-2013 at 04:25 AM
OldF7Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:50 AM   #99
auto
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Come on Yamaha,bring back the 60 hp 550 Vision!
auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:56 AM   #100
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer

Oddometer: 26,780
Looks like a 5/8 scale Victory from six years ago, with a radiator on it.
Grainbelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:59 AM   #101
Super Sneaky Steve
B@nned Club :D

Oddometer: 4,254

Hmmmm
Super Sneaky Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:10 AM   #102
rocker59
diplomatico di moto

Oddometer: 15,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldF7Guy View Post
While I know its a totally different animal something like and old Nighthawk 750 will absolutely scald one of these things.
But the Nighthawk is not a Harley-Davidson.

This bike is going to take sales away from Honda's Shadows and from Yamaha's V-Star 650.

You know the types. The metric riders who wear HD branded clothing. They'll be eating these new Harleys up.

IBA #24873, MGNOC #21347
“Just keep playing, no matter how weird it gets.”
rocker59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:00 AM   #103
Paebr332
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 802
This is the first Harley in a LONG TIME that I have any interest in. Wish it had a taller seat and the controls were further back. But, might be worth a test ride come spring.

I applaud Harley for taking this step. Next they should build an Adventure bike with these engines. Kind of the Harley version of the Wee or a replacement for the now-defunct Uly.
Paebr332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:01 AM   #104
Tripl Nikl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,603

I'm surprised that H-D didn't spin up a side-brand that would serve as a feeder to their big bikes without diluting their market. This is what BMW does with Mini Cooper on the "entry" end of their market. Besides, a A H-D sidebrand would have allowed for other styles of bikes as well. Scramblers, standards, cafes, etc. All without diluting what "Harley Davidson" means to many people. I think they really missed something here.

(BTW, that radiator is FFFUUUGGGLLLYYY!!!)

Speaking of cafes, what's that in the background...

This is in the background. This should NOT be in the background. Wait a second, being overly raked in stock position might make it handle like a more proper street bike when the rear is lifted for a standard/cafe bike? What... are... they... doing... over... there? This isn't the Harley that's existed forEVER, this is new!

Tripl Nikl screwed with this post 11-05-2013 at 06:14 AM
Tripl Nikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:21 AM   #105
JTXR1200
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Well I definitely learned my lesson with my XR1200....Don't buy a 1st year model!!!
JTXR1200 is offline   Reply With Quote