Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2014, 10:43 AM   #1
genka OP
SUV hater

Oddometer: 1,470
$25 Bluetooth intercom

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008B9AM4G/...&tag=gt1net-20
To get the deal you have to buy from Avantree_Direct, which can be found under "Other Sellers on Amazon" on the right side. Once in the cart, apply the coupon code KU2R8XJK
Obviously this no-name unit is not the same quality as Sena, but the reviews aren't so bad and the price makes it worth trying. You can't buy a decent pair of earbuds for $25, let alone the whole headset.

Форум мотоциклистов в США http://www.xytopok.net/mvnforum/listthreads?forum=31
genka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 04:39 PM   #2
rick505
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
Thanks...I gave it a shot. Like you indicated, for the price worth playing around with it.

Rick
rick505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:44 AM   #3
armourbl
Adventure Life

Oddometer: 466
Price is $45 now apparently.

ben
Old 08-10-2014, 12:54 PM   #4
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

Oddometer: 15,581
discount still works, just ordered 2

applied $25 discount to each, then signed up for a free amazon prime trial ( again) to save $6.50 in shipping

free 2 day ( be here wed) shipping, and $49.xx order total

thanks for the heads up Genka!
mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 03:02 PM   #5
zirconx
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
Anyone tried pairing one of these with a Sena?
zirconx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 12:07 PM   #6
genka OP
SUV hater

From what I read on Sena universal pairing, it should work. I believe Sena presents itself as a phone, so any headset that is capable of pairing with a phone should be able to pair with Sena.

Old 08-11-2014, 01:41 PM   #7
highlight
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by genka View Post
From what I read on Sena universal pairing, it should work. I believe Sena presents itself as a phone, so any headset that is capable of pairing with a phone should be able to pair with Sena.
So the intercom between this unit and sena should work right? I just jumped on this deal. Hopefully can test it out when I get it, with my sena.
highlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:23 PM   #8
yellowcarbon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
I had to give one a try for $25. I have never tried one, so here is my chance to try it on the cheap.
yellowcarbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 06:24 PM   #9
genka OP
SUV hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlight View Post
So the intercom between this unit and sena should work right? I just jumped on this deal. Hopefully can test it out when I get it, with my sena.
I think it should... But you'll be the first one to know for sure As I understand it, even when paring Sena to another major brand set, the distance is shorter than Sena to Sena.
Another thing with this intercom- looks like it has only one speaker. It's said to support the music Bluetooth profile, but the sound will be one channel mono.

Old 08-11-2014, 08:06 PM   #10
armourbl
Adventure Life

Oddometer: 466
I'd really like to hear from you guys when you receive and test the unit. Especially paired with a second unit for passenger comms.

ben
Old 08-13-2014, 07:57 PM   #11
highlight
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by genka View Post
I think it should... But you'll be the first one to know for sure As I understand it, even when paring Sena to another major brand set, the distance is shorter than Sena to Sena.
Another thing with this intercom- looks like it has only one speaker. It's said to support the music Bluetooth profile, but the sound will be one channel mono.
Yep. Just received the unit today. Tested it pairing with my Sena SMH10, no issues. It is pretty simple: make sure sena is upgraded to the latest firmware. Then press the jogdial for 8secs until you hear "universal intercom pairing". Then turn on HM100. Press MFB button for 3-5 seconds to go into bluetooth paring mode(red and blue flashing) then the 2 units should pair real quick.

The sound was ok, has a lot of noise in the background, maybe it is because of where I set them up(in my computer room with tons electronic stuffs turned on). Hopefully I can test them out in the next ride.
highlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:04 PM   #12
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

Yeah, Mine came in today too.

its= seems to be less quality and feature laden then the parrot sk4000 I had a couple of years back.

But it does seem to work, I paired with iphone5 and another avantalk bluetooth headset. ( I ordered two of them)

I figure its worth the $25, but probably not worth much more.

Ok the intercom works, it gets LOUD. certainly would cause some hearing damage if the volume is 100% and close to your ear pretty quickly.

I left the set paired in intercom mode last night, and just left them on to get an idea of run time, After 2 hours of messing with them I went to sleep, woke up this morning and both were dead. So not a great test, but at least a couple of hours of talk time.

mouthfulloflake screwed with this post 08-14-2014 at 06:28 AM
Old 08-15-2014, 10:35 AM   #13
genka OP
SUV hater

I used to own the Parrot unit. I liked the ide of the handlebar mounted remote control, but the whole thing never worked right. I replaced it with Sena about 2 years ago. If this $25 unit works, and it looks like it does, it can be a good introduction to Bluetooth intercoms for a novice.

Old 08-15-2014, 10:38 AM   #14
zirconx
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlight View Post
Yep. Just received the unit today. Tested it pairing with my Sena SMH10, no issues. It is pretty simple: make sure sena is upgraded to the latest firmware. Then press the jogdial for 8secs until you hear "universal intercom pairing". Then turn on HM100. Press MFB button for 3-5 seconds to go into bluetooth paring mode(red and blue flashing) then the 2 units should pair real quick.

The sound was ok, has a lot of noise in the background, maybe it is because of where I set them up(in my computer room with tons electronic stuffs turned on). Hopefully I can test them out in the next ride.
Is the intercom "open" all the time when paired with this $25 unit? My understanding is with the Sena's you tap the button and then the intercom is open, and if you don't talk for a while it goes back to closed.

I believe the earlier, cheaper units I looked at just had the intercom open the whole time. I don't want to listen to the inside of my buddy's helmet all day...
zirconx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:42 AM   #15
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

thjats an experiment I need to test on the $25 unit.

you tap intercom, and the other unit makes some beeps, and you answer the intercom 'call' by tapping the button

I know that it stays open for at least an hour or so after that ( unless you cancel it, by tapping the button again), so it might only be an issue of battery life.