Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2013, 06:30 PM   #16
Scubalong
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 822
Thumb Brilliant

+++++++++1
So true so true my Ex ran off on her own for an A hole all my bikes still with me
I own you a beer on this quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmk999 View Post
but only one can run off on its own
Scubalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #17
Smoke Eater 3
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 611
Motorcycles are better than women because a motorcycle doesn't follow you around for a week after you ride it.
Smoke Eater 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:47 AM   #18
Thanantos
Ride hard.

Oddometer: 3,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootrboi View Post
Motorcycles are not like women.
You know...I occasionally see these very stereotypical posts objectifying and denigrating women ("What bike should I buy for MY woman?") from the occasional white trash, redneck that wanders in here, and I usually just let it go.

However, your reply (along with a few drinks tonight) has inspired me.

To the OP: Woman are not motorcycles or any other objects you fucking dolt. They are people who want to live and ride just like you.

If you made the mistake of being involved with some human that wants to involve themselves in drama more than riding then that's your own god damn fault. The irony here is that the very fact that you posted about said drama leads me to believe you are involved, just as deeply, in the same.

As a father of a daughter, I intend to teach my daughter to be a confident, competent motorcyclist and to avoid people like you at all costs.

My daughter is not a thing, but sadly I will have to teach my daughter that idiots like you will try to make her just that.....nothing more than an object. An object of scorn at that.

So OP, pretty much...

2013 V-Strom
Thanantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:11 PM   #19
jacksgp
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 262
Chill pill please....and hurry!
jacksgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:02 PM   #20
genespleen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanantos View Post
You know...I occasionally see these very stereotypical posts objectifying and denigrating women ("What bike should I buy for MY woman?") from the occasional white trash, redneck that wanders in here, and I usually just let it go.

To the OP: Woman are not motorcycles or any other objects you fucking dolt. They are people who want to live and ride just like you.

If you made the mistake of being involved with some human that wants to involve themselves in drama more than riding then that's your own god damn fault. The irony here is that the very fact that you posted about said drama leads me to believe you are involved, just as deeply, in the same.

As a father of a daughter, I intend to teach my daughter to be a confident, competent motorcyclist and to avoid people like you at all costs.

My daughter is not a thing, but sadly I will have to teach my daughter that idiots like you will try to make her just that.....nothing more than an object. An object of scorn at that.

So OP, pretty much...
Well said.
genespleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:06 PM   #21
Sun Ray
Polyglottic Moran

Oddometer: 967
Quote:

So OP, pretty much...
Bravo! Well said! This thread is horrible.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=936940
Sun Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #22
henshao
Bained

Oddometer: 607
White knights: the feminist's choice.
henshao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:04 PM   #23
PukaWai
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 669
Motorcycles are like Women

No true. After many decades I have learned that you can trust your well maintained motorcycle no matter how old it is.
I've also learned the two rules anybody ever needs to know about women:
Never trust a woman over 30.
Never trust a woman under 30.
These two rules apply no matter how well maintained they are.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:18 PM   #24
cliffy109
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,625
Deleted because... well, just because.

cliffy109 screwed with this post 11-27-2013 at 07:41 AM
cliffy109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:02 PM   #25
Sun Ray
Polyglottic Moran

Oddometer: 967
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrifter View Post
Why is ^ thought to be funny?

What makes the degradation of women so - I don't know what word to use here -that a thread like this get started in the first place?
Yeah. I'm fairly sure that it's a low IQ and a lack of intestinal fortitude problem, kind of like bullying and abuse. It's not a good image for gentlemen bikers. Since I've started checking into the threads, I have see homophobic comments and misogynistic comments. Haven't seen any racist stuff, but I'm sure I'll bump into it.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=936940
Sun Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:07 PM   #26
Tyler
Miss Demeanor

Oddometer: 307
From the estrogen side, thank you.

Quote:

So OP, pretty much...

Dangerous Curves
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #27
Thanantos
Ride hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray0of0Sun View Post
Haven't seen any racist stuff, but I'm sure I'll bump into it.
Stick around friend. It won't take long.

2013 V-Strom
Old 11-26-2013, 09:28 PM   #28
Thanantos
Ride hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrifter View Post
Why is ^ thought to be funny?

What makes the degradation of women so - I don't know what word to use here -that a thread like this get started in the first place?
The only answer I have is that maybe it makes this person feel better about themselves or the train wreck they decided to hitch their wagon to.

Or maybe misogyny is just a normal trait of the stupid.

2013 V-Strom
Old 11-26-2013, 10:45 PM   #29
MT Wallet
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 275
Who appointed you to denigrate those with whom you disagree? Did it take those couple of drinks to get your courage up or were you always PC? Put a check mark on your PC card- you've done your duty. You've taken everyone whose opinion you disagree with to task. Now chill by whatever means works for you. Posting is free speech-no matter how stupid you think the posters are.
MT Wallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:52 PM   #30
henshao
Bained

Oddometer: 607
"Women are such weaklings it's a good thing they have me to defend them. They could never hope to stand up to those mean old bullies on their own."

That is all your actions say.
henshao is offline   Reply With Quote