Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2013, 11:00 PM   #31
KansasKawboy
KK

Oddometer: 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanantos View Post
You know...I occasionally see these very stereotypical posts objectifying and denigrating women ("What bike should I buy for MY woman?") from the occasional white trash, redneck that wanders in here, and I usually just let it go.

However, your reply (along with a few drinks tonight) has inspired me.

To the OP: Woman are not motorcycles or any other objects you fucking dolt. They are people who want to live and ride just like you.

If you made the mistake of being involved with some human that wants to involve themselves in drama more than riding then that's your own god damn fault. The irony here is that the very fact that you posted about said drama leads me to believe you are involved, just as deeply, in the same.

As a father of a daughter, I intend to teach my daughter to be a confident, competent motorcyclist and to avoid people like you at all costs.

My daughter is not a thing, but sadly I will have to teach my daughter that idiots like you will try to make her just that.....nothing more than an object. An object of scorn at that.

So OP, pretty much...
This father of two daughters agrees!
Old 11-26-2013, 11:01 PM   #32
KansasKawboy
KK

Oddometer: 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
From the estrogen side, thank you.
Hi Tyler.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:07 PM   #33
Ayedoc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Every day, vicious acts are committed against women by men. This kind of stupid, good old boy, misogynistic BS is the first step toward objectifying women and ramping up the "courage" to act out your neanderthal fantasies. PC?! Since when is it PC to defend simple human dignity?

NO, I do not think women are weaklings who need me to stand up for them. However, all it takes for wrong to triumph is for good people to stand back and do nothing.

Good fun is one thing. The stuff on this thread goes way beyond that.

By the way, it didn't take any liquor for me to get my courage up.
Ayedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:33 AM   #34
dbuzz
Citizen of the world

Oddometer: 1,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayedoc View Post
Every day, vicious acts are committed against women by men. This kind of stupid, good old boy, misogynistic BS is the first step toward objectifying women and ramping up the "courage" to act out your neanderthal fantasies. PC?! Since when is it PC to defend simple human dignity?

NO, I do not think women are weaklings who need me to stand up for them. However, all it takes for wrong to triumph is for good people to stand back and do nothing.

dbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:15 AM   #35
scootrboi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,362
For me a motorcycle is the material expression of an abstract concept: one part of my life that is all mine, the way I want it, and matters for reasons I can't always explain. Bob Dylan said in one of his songs that sometimes the things you find hardest to part with are the things you need the least. I don't think I am alone in this. One can have a deep relationship with a motorcycle. I am deeply disturbed when something is wrong with my bike and I don't understand it.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:00 AM   #36
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 10,080
I love two things; women and motorcycles. Particularly those from Italy.
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:01 AM   #37
DC2wheels
Castle Anthrax troll

Oddometer: 2,241
(back on the first page of this P.O.C. thread I stated that this isn't going to end well)

Father of a self-confident adult daughter. When they get to the twisty part of a ride, she has to slow down for her fiance to allow him to catch up.
http://k11og.org/forum/index.php world-wide K bike forum

DC2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:10 AM   #38
jitterymonkey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 406
This thread is worthless without pictures.

They've been using sexy women to sell bikes to us Neanderthals for quite some time .

I am subscribed to the "Girls on an Old Bike" "Girls & Bikes" & even the "Scooter Girls" threads. (missing any?)
Some of the best pictures are of the women who can outride me. (not hard)

But I can also enjoy the scantily clad/nakid hotty draped over a tank.

Is that sooo wrong?

[joefast14] Never modify a Yamaha SRX-6, they turn into a money hole that you can never get out of.

jitterymonkey screwed with this post 11-27-2013 at 11:02 AM
jitterymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:12 PM   #39
Reduxalicious
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
Old 11-27-2013, 05:46 PM   #40
erkmania
Still Adventuring

Oddometer: 886
This thread got so silly.

To me, women are like motorcycles since they both can take me to places that I have never been and glad that I went there with them.

My only problem is that I objectify my motorcycle. I hope I don't get a demerit for that.

2011 BMW R1200GS, 2004 KTM 950, 1996 ATK 605 ESDS
erkmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:47 PM   #41
MT Wallet
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 272
Quote:

Your perspective is myopic. Violence against women is not the exclusive domain of violence. Men are the victims of violence as well. One poster referenced Lorena Bobbit. Let's not forget Jodie Arias who shot then stabbed and mutilated her FORMER boyfriend or the recent spate of women who have been reported in the news plotting the murder of their husbands. So let's not play the sanctimonious white knight as champion of women.

I asked my wife about her impression of the posts you and your PC pals found so offensive. She found most to be funny. She informed me that women in groups say the same things about men!! Being wise she pointed out one other thing-if you don't like the thread why are you in it? I found most of the posts being what we used to call "shop talk" or lockeroom. As a male, if you are a male, how do you feel about being ridiculed in the media (TV) as an a clueless idiot? Find a sitcom male who isn't portrayed in this light and being led by wife or whatever. Save the rant. Men are denigrated all the time.
MT Wallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:23 PM   #42
IRideASlowBike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,717
Quote:

STFU, you sanctimonious twat.
IRideASlowBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 05:32 PM   #43
genespleen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 162
I'd like to think that most of the dudes in this thread defending objectification of women as a mainly harmless and entirely human practice would step back from what they were writing if their wife/girlfriend ever seriously confronted them with the "is THAT how you really think about me?" question. Maybe there are a few who'd be confused at that moment, but for most folks here, I imagine they're just enjoying one way in which masculinity is expressed by many men. There's a herd element to it--but herds are important. Let's not make misogyny a thought crime.
genespleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 05:39 PM   #44
henshao
Bained

Oddometer: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by genespleen View Post
I'd like to think that most of the dudes in this thread defending objectification of women as a mainly harmless and entirely human practice would step back from what they were writing if their wife/girlfriend ever seriously confronted them with the "is THAT how you really think about me?" question. Maybe there are a few who'd be confused at that moment, but for most folks here, I imagine they're just enjoying one way in which masculinity is expressed by many men. There's a herd element to it--but herds are important. Let's not make misogyny a thought crime.
Nope, we are apparently rapists already.
henshao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 07:55 AM   #45
concours
WFO for 41 years

Oddometer: 5,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRideASlowBike View Post
STFU, you sanctimonious twat.