Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2013, 04:51 PM   #46
genespleen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrifter View Post
Lemme ask you a question.

If women are such a burden upon you, why then did you seek out a relationship with one of them, only to whine and complain about it?

All the derogatory comments seem to me, to be a very immature way of trying to....prove something?

Political correctness can hang, for all I care. I just find it funny that in an attempt to prove their manhood, a lot of guys will delve into whining about women, which only shows how dependent they are on women physiologically and emotionally.

Any questions?

No questions from me--which shouldn't surprise, given what I wrote...
genespleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:36 AM   #47
Thanantos
Ride hard.

Oddometer: 3,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT Wallet View Post
Your perspective is myopic. Violence against women is not the exclusive domain of violence. Men are the victims of violence as well. One poster referenced Lorena Bobbit. Let's not forget Jodie Arias who shot then stabbed and mutilated her FORMER boyfriend or the recent spate of women who have been reported in the news plotting the murder of their husbands. So let's not play the sanctimonious white knight as champion of women.
Good for you. You managed to use a big college word. Yet, you failed to miss the point entirely. Sigh....

The point is the objectification of women, which affects not only our sport but this site as well. Do you expect women to post here or even be interested in a sport that labels them as nothing more then objects to be derided?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT Wallet View Post
I asked my wife about her impression of the posts you and your PC pals found so offensive. She found most to be funny. She informed me that women in groups say the same things about men!! Being wise she pointed out one other thing-if you don't like the thread why are you in it? I found most of the posts being what we used to call "shop talk" or lockeroom. As a male, if you are a male, how do you feel about being ridiculed in the media (TV) as an a clueless idiot? Find a sitcom male who isn't portrayed in this light and being led by wife or whatever. Save the rant. Men are denigrated all the time.
If I were given a summary of this forum from the male perspective, as a woman, I'd probably give the same response. "Ha ha, no big deal. Something to laugh about."

However, this forum is laden time and again with posts like this white trash moron telling us how "his woman" is less than his motorcycle, asking which motorcycle "his woman" should ride on the back of or which bike he should buy for "his woman".

It may be that women say the same things about men in their groups. I have no idea. However, if you say it in public...as in, A PUBLIC FORUM....expect some people to disagree.

P.S. Those of us who deal with the people who throw out college words randomly eventually realize that they have no idea what that word meant or what they're talking about.

Thanantos screwed with this post 11-30-2013 at 12:54 AM
Thanantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:35 AM   #48
MT Wallet
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanantos View Post
Good for you. You managed to use a big college word. Yet, you failed to miss the point entirely. Sigh....

The point is the objectification of women, which affects not only our sport but this site as well. Do you expect women to post here or even be interested in a sport that labels them as nothing more then objects to be derided?

If I were given a summary of this forum from the male perspective, as a woman, I'd probably give the same response. "Ha ha, no big deal. Something to laugh about."

However, this forum is laden time and again with posts like this white trash moron telling us how "his woman" is less than his motorcycle, asking which motorcycle "his woman" should ride on the back of or which bike he should buy for "his woman".

It may be that women say the same things about men in their groups. I have no idea. However, if you say it in public...as in, A PUBLIC FORUM....expect some people to disagree.

P.S. Those of us who deal with the people who throw out college words randomly eventually realize that they have no idea what that word meant or what they're talking about.
So you are threatened by vocabulary(big word alert). I'm wondering why the use of the word misogyny(big word alert) didn't phase you but my vocabulary did. Before you complain of such things you should learn English. Quote you "Yet, You failed to miss the point entirely, sigh" On this I agree, I did not miss the point. This is still free speech. PCers don't like speech that doesn't agree with them or their thoughts. Lighten up slick. If you don't like the posts on this thread-why are you here? Oh yeah, as a PCer you think you have a duty to correct the thinking of all who don't agree with you. Like the man said STFU. Go grab a few more drinks and try to craft an intelligent response. Some of us who throw out college words DO know exactly what we're talking about. We've also learned that people who make cracks like that have a deficit of intellect and no argument. Accept that other people have legitimate(big word alert) views and you don't have a right to belittle them.
MT Wallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:59 AM   #49
justafurnaceman
Imaginary

Oddometer: 972
I was talking to the wife about this thread and shared a few of the comments people have made. She gave me the evil eye and asked me 'Do you know how your motorcycle and I differ?'

Me: "How dear?"
Her: "I have breasts and your motorcycle doesn't. If you want to have access to these than I wouldn't be posting in that thread."
Me: ....

Old 11-30-2013, 09:33 AM   #50
WRW9751
7th Day Adventurist

Oddometer: 362
Men are from Mars! Women are from Venus!

Yes! Dear, I'm sorry, You were right all along!
You might know them!
But you will (never) understand them!
I can figure out a motorcycle!
Good luck with the rest!
WRW9751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:33 AM   #51
toy4fun
GET out of the way

Oddometer: 366
OH well now that we have shot ourselves in the groin....lets talk about religion, politics or Obama Care.. YEHAW
toy4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 01:11 PM   #52
IRideASlowBike
Banned

Oddometer: 1,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanantos View Post

Exactly what sport are you referring to?
IRideASlowBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 01:57 PM   #53
ibafran
villagidiot

Oddometer: 1,287
[QUOTE=scootrboi;22726398]Riding my Heinkel Tourists for 40 years and 105,000 miles/QUOTE]

??? That's like only 2625 miles per year? That seems weak to me? No offence intended, just wondering?
Old 11-30-2013, 03:39 PM   #54
IgoFar
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrifter View Post
Lemme ask a question.

If women are such a burden upon you, why then did you seek out a relationship with one of them, only to whine and complain about it?

Because I can't fuck my motorcycle.
IgoFar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 03:55 PM   #55
IRideASlowBike
Banned

Oddometer: 1,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgoFar View Post
Because I can't fuck my motorcycle.

Don't be so sure.

IRideASlowBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 04:40 PM   #56
blue72beetle
Look at my Wee

Oddometer: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRideASlowBike View Post
Don't be so sure.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-n...rs-now-2356854
blue72beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 04:56 PM   #57
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,697
My question is: Is it hard to walk with your panties all bunched up like that?

Old 12-01-2013, 01:02 AM   #58
atomicalex
silly aluminum boxes

Oddometer: 2,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesaintsfan View Post
Sometimes they want to cause some drama.
So they are just like all of the guys on this board?

DRAMA about tyres!!!!

DRAMA about steering technique!!!!!

DRAMA about word choices!!!!

DRAMA about whatever the hell drama could be had about!!!!!!

Seriously, ADVrider is really cracking me up. So many threads are just catfights, only with gross old men as the feature. Yuck.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:19 AM   #59
Nadgett
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 552
Because life would be boring without them.
Nadgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 03:13 AM   #60
justdirtyfun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 306
They both get my attention, sometimes even if they don't deserve it.

Can we agree the thread title worked on all of us?
justdirtyfun is online now   Reply With Quote