User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2013, 08:59 PM   #16
Big bike
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Wink

Now just to sneak the days on the work calender, only to make the boss forget I've got time off scheduled two weeks later! Oh, I'm one of those that works Saturdays. Ugh
Big bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #17
LD_Rider OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neepuk View Post
Sign up ASAP if you want to do this. I booked my room at Grand Lake Lodge today and the "block" is already full. I booked a cabin at a slightly discounted rate but it sounds as if they are filling up FAST!

Looking forward to this ride!
Everyone, thanks for your interest. Just to clear up any misconceptions, our room block at the Grand Lake Lodge is NOT sold out -- there are still plenty of rooms available. Contact me if you have any questions about this. My info is on the website.

I hope to see your entry soon! You can register on-line using PayPal, or you can mail your entry and check. See you in June!
LD_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:45 PM   #18
neepuk
Such a drag...

Oddometer: 1,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD_Rider View Post
Everyone, thanks for your interest. Just to clear up any misconceptions, our room block at the Grand Lake Lodge is NOT sold out -- there are still plenty of rooms available. Contact me if you have any questions about this. My info is on the website.

I hope to see your entry soon! You can register on-line using PayPal, or you can mail your entry and check. See you in June!
Well then the Grand Lake Lodge reservations people were not telling the truth about the reservation block when I called in to book! That sucks. They told me the block was full and they only had 2 cabin left for that night, a king size bed cabin and a bunk bed cabin with a queen on bottom and a twin on top. The cost was $150 a night.
neepuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:57 PM   #19
LD_Rider OP
Adventurer

PM sent. I'm disappointed that you had that experience. That's not our group rate, and many rooms are still available on our block. I'd suggest calling back and asking for the Colorado Classic 1000 rate. If you're unable to get satisfaction, please let me know and I will take care of it.

LD_Rider screwed with this post 11-23-2013 at 07:04 AM
Old 11-23-2013, 10:04 AM   #20
neepuk
Such a drag...

Oddometer: 1,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD_Rider View Post
PM sent. I'm disappointed that you had that experience. That's not our group rate, and many rooms are still available on our block. I'd suggest calling back and asking for the Colorado Classic 1000 rate. If you're unable to get satisfaction, please let me know and I will take care of it.
Thank You, Eric!
I will be sure to contact them again and get this straightened out. I truly appreciate the follow-up. Already looking forward to the ride!
neepuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:20 PM   #21
mapuda
Crash Tested

Oddometer: 264
I'm in. I will call the lodge tomorrow as their online booking page says they do not have any rooms left. Looking forward to the ride and the SS1000!
Old 12-02-2013, 12:49 PM   #22
rocker59
diplomatico di moto

Oddometer: 15,459
Just an FYI: I called the toll free reservations line today at lunch and had no troubles booking for the "group rate".

It's a "half-cabin" with queen bed. Should be good! Looking forward to it!
IBA #24873, MGNOC #21347
“Just keep playing, no matter how weird it gets.”
rocker59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:28 AM   #23
IrishCatholic
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
Heated Gear in June - I Can't Wait!

Booked a room at the Holiday Inn Friday night, registered for the Colorado Classic 1000 and booked a half cabin at the Grand Lake Lodge Saturday night - couldn't have been easier. Fleeing to the Colorado mountains from San Antonio in late June is brilliant! Thanks Eric for setting this up.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:42 AM   #24
TheRoss
IBA, BMWMOA

Oddometer: 313
My rooms are booked as well! No problems at all working with the lodge by phone (half cabin). Maryl at the lodge was very helpful for me!
TheRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:03 PM   #25
Assfault
Exposed Member

Oddometer: 2,008
Cc 1000

After a good time in the LOE 1000 a few years ago with a buddy, this looks interesting. You'all talked me into it. Paid and signed up.
Is it June yet?
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 05:33 PM   #26
TheRoss
IBA, BMWMOA

For the Texas Riders Heading North

I can offer a guest bedroom (until it's taken) and tent space Thursday night before the Colorado Classic, and the Sunday night after, if overnighting in Lubbock would help your travel plans. Locked garage with tools. And there is a pretty decent burger and beer joint not very far from me. If you come through but prefer a hotel... we could still go for a beer. I am always up for a pint.

I plan to head to Denver Friday, and return to Lubbock Sunday afternoon. We need not travel together. This offer is open to any inmates, not just those from Texas.

Denver is about 550 miles from Lubbock.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:23 AM   #27
disconnected
ultra runner

Oddometer: 6,553
I'd like to be in for this too. Need to do some checking.

Greg
Old 12-05-2013, 06:14 AM   #28
IrishCatholic
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoss View Post
I can offer a guest bedroom (until it's taken) and tent space Thursday night before the Colorado Classic, and the Sunday night after, if overnighting in Lubbock would help your travel plans. Locked garage with tools. And there is a pretty decent burger and beer joint not very far from me. If you come through but prefer a hotel... we could still go for a beer. I am always up for a pint.

I plan to head to Denver Friday, and return to Lubbock Sunday afternoon. We need not travel together. This offer is open to any inmates, not just those from Texas.

Denver is about 550 miles from Lubbock.
I will gladly accept your generous offer for your guest bedroom Thursday and the burgers and beer are on me - Thanks!
Old 12-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #29
TheRoss
IBA, BMWMOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishCatholic View Post
I will gladly accept your generous offer for your guest bedroom Thursday and the burgers and beer are on me - Thanks!
Sounds good to me.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #30
LD_Rider OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoss View Post
Sounds good to me.
550 miles? Here's a thought. A sick thought... After you check-in at the Finish and get a few hours of shut-eye, high tail it back to Lubbock and if you get home by 6:00 PM CT, claim a BunBurner (1500/36) along with your SaddleSore. You will just need someone to witness your arrival in Lubbock. Easy peasy.