Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2014, 04:35 PM   #46
wolfbuzz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
This sounds like a really good time. I am assuming anyone with any well-equipped bike as eligible? I suppose I'm asking if you guys think a KLR is apt for this sort of endurance 'race'.

EDIT: Looks like it's all filled up. Next year, I suppose!

wolfbuzz screwed with this post 01-20-2014 at 04:42 PM
wolfbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:53 PM   #47
LD_Rider OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Assfault, since GPS isn't required or necessary to navigate the route, we don't prepare a GPS file. The route booklets will be provided at check-in (Friday PM or Saturday AM, your choice), and honestly, considering you live here, you shouldn't have any problem recognizing the route. If you ride up on Saturday morning, remember that check-in opens at 4:00 AM, so you will have plenty of time to review the route before the Start opens. Please PM me if you have other questions.

Wolf, regarding eligible bikes, that's a personal choice. This year we have two KLR's coming from out of state, a few hyper-sport bikes that would be more at home turning hot laps on a GP circuit, and everything in between. A few years ago we had a Finisher on a Honda Helix 250. It's all good. I hope we can add you to our list of KLR's next year!
LD_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:56 AM   #48
wolfbuzz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
Thanks for the reply. I am curious as to why there are only 60 spots for such a popular event?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Old 01-24-2014, 08:47 AM   #49
Mac
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,111
Even chaos has it's limits.
Member: NRA, AMA, TPA, MSF RC
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:23 PM   #50
Assfault
Exposed Member

Oddometer: 2,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD_Rider View Post
Assfault, since GPS isn't required or necessary to navigate the route, we don't prepare a GPS file. The route booklets will be provided at check-in (Friday PM or Saturday AM, your choice), and honestly, considering you live here, you shouldn't have any problem recognizing the route. If you ride up on Saturday morning, remember that check-in opens at 4:00 AM, so you will have plenty of time to review the route before the Start opens. Please PM me if you have other questions.

Wolf, regarding eligible bikes, that's a personal choice. This year we have two KLR's coming from out of state, a few hyper-sport bikes that would be more at home turning hot laps on a GP circuit, and everything in between. A few years ago we had a Finisher on a Honda Helix 250. It's all good. I hope we can add you to our list of KLR's next year!
Ok cool, thanks for your response. I kinda figured it would be not to hard, but you never know with you LD Riders. The LOE 1000 I did had minus and plus bonus locations, just to screw with the riders. It was interesting to say the least. I like to do these to see some of the country, have some fun, and finish, thats it. With my schedule, one day rides are good.
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:19 PM   #51
LD_Rider OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfbuzz View Post
Thanks for the reply. I am curious as to why there are only 60 spots for such a popular event?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Good question. Since we finish in mountain resorts, not back in Denver, the ride size is typically limited by the availability at the Finish Hotel and the room guarantee that we're willing to accept. We had 72 entrants in 2009, and as many as 125 entrants before that, but those rides finished elsewhere. Also, since we're not on the interstate, fewer bikes on the route usually means a better riding experience for those participating.
LD_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:16 PM   #52
DomEOD
'murica

Oddometer: 2,394
PM sent, LD_Rider.

-Sent from outside your window

Initial Success or Total Failure.
DomEOD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 05:09 PM   #53
Riplinstill
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
PM sent, LD_Rider!
Riplinstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:44 PM   #54
PaulieeT
Adventurer

This sounds amazing. Did my first iron but last summer on my old 07 ZX6R
PaulieeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:26 AM   #55
TheRoss
MOA,IBA,IBR15

Oddometer: 332
LD_Rider.... Thanks for organizing an awesome ride!

You guys who paid your money but didn't show up.... WTF.... You missed fantastic weather, great roads, and a good time with some real characters!

I can't wait for registration to open for 2015!

NEEDED - REAR WHEEL FOR A 1200 GS ADVENTURE - PLEASE PM
TheRoss is offline   Reply With Quote