Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2013, 02:03 PM   #31
WilCon76 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
I have a video that shows what mine sounded like. This was the day I took it in. Just started all of a sudden. In particular is the sound right at startup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4a2Zm863rU
WilCon76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:33 PM   #32
JCANRUN
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Sorry about your troubles. Reminds me of when I owned a Victory and had to wait a month while the cylinder was on back order.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:11 PM   #33
djsteckler
DC-ADVRider

Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon PER View Post
I stopped at Pete's about 3 weeks ago and they had no clue about the head problems. The dealer that I bought my bike from lost his Triumph franchise about 2 months after I purchased my Explorer. (He refused to do the dealership upgrades that Triumph is demanding). This was a true loss for Triumph, he had the dealership for 15 years and he and his mechanic's knowledge of the product were second to none.

I'll be following this thread closely because I will be looking for a dealership in the PA, MD, VA to perform the repair.
Whomever you go with, just make sure it is NOT Yamaha/Triumph/KTM of Camp Hill (PA). I bought a 2012 Tiger 800 Roadie from them in September and some of their actions, I would argue (and in fact, are currently arguing) were possibly fraudulent. I intend to post more at a later date but I'm waiting to see how it plays out with the State Attorney General, Office of Consumer affairs.
djsteckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:17 PM   #34
kag
Wander Lust

Oddometer: 1,378
Your not the only one with triumph dealer issues......had to get Triumph main office involved because Dealer in Omaha.

I seriously thought about a TEX but glad I have waited.

2007 Yamaha TW 200 / 2008 Buell Ulysses
2013 Triumph Tiger 800r / 2014 KTM 1190 EDS
kag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:19 PM   #35
Yukon PER
Blacksheep

Oddometer: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsteckler View Post
Whomever you go with, just make sure it is NOT Yamaha/Triumph/KTM of Camp Hill (PA). I bought a 2012 Tiger 800 Roadie from them in September and some of their actions, I would argue (and in fact, are currently arguing) were possibly fraudulent. I intend to post more at a later date but I'm waiting to see how it plays out with the State Attorney General, Office of Consumer affairs.
Thank you very much for the info. I've visited 3 dealership in the past 2 months.....Camp Hill was one of them. They were the only one of the three that was aware of Cam Bucket Issue. Martin Motorsports in Boyertown, PA has been recommended to me by a fellow TEX owner, but I have not yet had a chance to stop there.
Yukon PER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:44 PM   #36
AdakTriumph
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilCon76 View Post
I have a video that shows what mine sounded like. This was the day I took it in. Just started all of a sudden. In particular is the sound right at startup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4a2Zm863rU

Jesus, if I heard that in the parking lot I would think someone is stealing my bike. I'm definitely considering taking it in now and having them take a look. My only concern is now if he goes balls deep and still finds nothing, how much do I have to pay to waste his time.... I might just take a look myself before I bring it in.
AdakTriumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:48 PM   #37
AdakTriumph
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ4Blazer View Post
I was told these are "fuel deposits" on a bike with 8k miles on it.

Looked more like oil coked to me. I argued and argued. The shop told me Triumph would not replace them. And if I wanted them done it would be something like $700 for new valves

What were the events that lead you into looking into your valves and what was the final outcome.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:34 AM   #38
djsteckler
DC-ADVRider

Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by kag View Post
Your not the only one with triumph dealer issues......had to get Triumph main office involved because Dealer in Omaha.

I seriously thought about a TEX but glad I have waited.
I'll discuss this later as well but for now, let's just say that I've been less than impressed w/Triumph of North America's response to my concerns.
djsteckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 06:37 AM   #39
999RBEN
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Sure hope this works out for you.You have to let us know the outcome .
999RBEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 06:59 AM   #40
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by kag View Post
Do you mind disclosing which dealer? If not publicly, you can PM me.

Thanks!
Old 11-18-2013, 07:21 AM   #41
Kawidad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,667
At the risk of turning this into a dealer thread. I too had trouble with my local Triumph dealer's service department. I took my Tiger 800 in for some small stuff and they screwed the pooch. In fairness to Triumph NA the local dealer is a multi brand dealership and have only one mechanic who is Triumph certified. However, when I complained to Triumph twice, both times I was told I would be contacted back with a follow up phone call. Never was, in fact, I never heard from anyone again. This is a big part of the reason I got a Yamaha S10.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:27 AM   #42
mrpete64
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 571
I am surprised...

I am surprised that Triumph has this problem. The issue(s) noted are unusual for a new bike engine. Triumph does a great job of testing their new engines before they are sold.
Now the question is this...is their new touring bike having the same issues?
Old 11-19-2013, 09:23 PM   #43
AdakTriumph
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpete64 View Post
I am surprised that Triumph has this problem. The issue(s) noted are unusual for a new bike engine. Triumph does a great job of testing their new engines before they are sold.
Now the question is this...is their new touring bike having the same issues?
From what I heard, they made sure that all new tigers have no problems. That seems like a pretty obvious statement, but to me that mans they have realized there is a problem and they are correcting it. So I'm content. If your talking about the Trophy, I can vouch for a excellent bike. My dad and his friend have one and they love them.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:43 AM   #44
WilCon76 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
Day 50. Waiting on another shim. I appreciate the mechanic being so detailed and wanting the motor to be specification perfect, at this point another day or two is insignificant for correctness. I did finally get a loaner bike to ride. Whizzing around on a T100 for a couple days, too bad the temps dropped into the 20s.
WilCon76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:56 AM   #45
jeffjones
"offroad shit"

Oddometer: 159
I worked at a honda/triumph dealership as a tech for 3 years in mid 2000's. Working with triumph on warranty issues was not easy to say the least.
Its to bad, as the triumph bikes without the recall issues are nice machines.