User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2013, 07:35 AM   #76
Bamabeast
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
no new years day ride

Ok was promised i would have the tiger back for my new years day ride well its not going to happen i should be able to pick it up on Saturday, they did say the valves and everything else looked ok but i have not seen any of these parts yet but they did put a complete new head on, but they did say the cam chain tensioner was about to come apart the bike is three months old with 4400 miles on it they said they had not seen one that bad before, i cant wait to get it back even with having to have this done i love the bike so far hope to put at least 15,000 + miles on it this year.
Bamabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:59 PM   #77
bighairless
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Just thought I should check back in with the results from the new head kit on my 1200 XC...

The motor sounds great. No more rattle/tap...just normal, subdued mechanical sounds. All the work was done on time.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:27 PM   #78
Bikefalcon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
When buying a new Explorer how can one know if the bike is a pre or post model with the head problems? Does anyone know the vin # when the problem was corrected?
Bikefalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:53 PM   #79
slipknot
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikefalcon View Post
When buying a new Explorer how can one know if the bike is a pre or post model with the head problems? Does anyone know the vin # when the problem was corrected?
According to one of the forums the range extends to 602960

Apparently T has been very quick in addressing the problem, only a couple of complaints that seem to have been the result of foot dragging of a dealer. T has also compensated some owners quiet generously for excessive wait.

http://www.tiger-explorer.com/
Old 01-04-2014, 05:56 PM   #80
WilCon76 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
I was one who was compensated well. My issue was not the dealer but back orders. Triumph has a very loyal customer at this point because of how they took care of me during the issues and after it was complete. Any bike made after that Vin range or certainly any 2014 would be good to go. Bike is so darn good I would buy one again.
WilCon76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:09 PM   #81
Bamabeast
Adventurer

slow service

I am one of the unlucky ones with a slow dealer bike has been gone for a month all i get is poor excuses as of why which is inexcusable in my book you would never put your car in the shop for that long with out being pissed it dose not take that long to replace a head, and they had two weeks to get the parts before they ever got the bike when ever i do get it bake they will never get any of my business or a good word from me ever again.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:48 PM   #82
ongrade
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamabeast View Post
I am one of the unlucky ones with a slow dealer bike has been gone for a month all i get is poor excuses as of why which is inexcusable in my book you would never put your car in the shop for that long with out being pissed it dose not take that long to replace a head, and they had two weeks to get the parts before they ever got the bike when ever i do get it bake they will never get any of my business or a good word from me ever again.
Sounds like the Lemon law should apply, I'd give them a couple days to get it back to you or file and get a new bike.
ongrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:56 AM   #83
Velvet
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by ongrade View Post
Sounds like the Lemon law should apply, I'd give them a couple days to get it back to you or file and get a new bike.
Quote:
I would call Triumph in Atlanta everyday that your bike continues to be in the shop and complain. They will definitely want to get rid if the squeaky wheel. It sounds to me like the dealer needs a good kick in the ass from corporate or have their franchise totally yanked from them.

Unfortunately, I dont think the lemon laws cover the lack of cooperation of a piss-poor dealer.

Velvet screwed with this post 01-05-2014 at 07:01 AM
Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:43 AM   #84
Bamabeast
Adventurer

dealers

I had to go to this dealer for the work because the dealer where i bought the bike was not big enough for triumph so they pulled out they are a small dealer but have been in business for many many years with a good reputation and in my opining are more professional in every way compared to fancy dealer ship where the bike is at now i will be in touch with triumph NA next week.
Old 01-05-2014, 03:43 PM   #85
ongrade
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
I would call Triumph in Atlanta everyday that your bike continues to be in the shop and complain. They will definitely want to get rid if the squeaky wheel. It sounds to me like the dealer needs a good kick in the ass from corporate or have their franchise totally yanked from them.

Unfortunately, I dont think the lemon laws cover the lack of cooperation of a piss-poor dealer.
According to the Alabama Lemon law any motor vehicle under 10,500 GVW including street motorcycles qualifies if it is out of service for 30 days or more in the first year of ownership for any warranty related failures.
ongrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:24 PM   #86
Velvet
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ongrade View Post
According to the Alabama Lemon law any motor vehicle under 10,500 GVW including street motorcycles qualifies if it is out of service for 30 days or more in the first year of ownership for any warranty related failures.
The law states that it MAY qualify, so its not definite. If he pursues the matter, it'll more than likely be a quite a few hoops to jump through. After working for a state government for 21 years statutes aren't as clear cut as they appear to be especially if there is bad case law involved. Been there done that too many times.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:08 PM   #87
Bamabeast
Adventurer

triumph NA

so i have talked to triumph NA yesterday and today told them what was going on they were not happy about what i told them they did talk with the dealer yesterday i am not sure what was said, i talked to the dealer today they never mentioned talking with TNA i just got more excuses but was told the bike would be ready this week, i told TNA that i would be inspecting the bike vary good and also riding it before i bring it home and if i am not happy with the work i will not except it and would be in touch with them on the spot, and also while talking with them together we found out that i had been lied to even more than i thought i had.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:42 PM   #88
WilCon76 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
That is not cool at all. TNA is pretty awesome however so they will make it right if they can.
WilCon76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:08 PM   #89
Bamabeast
Adventurer

I have talked to a couple of different people at TNA they all have been great and they have said they will make things right and compensate me for the long wait on the repairs to be finished.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:59 AM   #90
Velvet
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
I have talked to a couple of different people at TNA they all have been great and they have said they will make things right and compensate me for the long wait on the repairs to be finished.
Its awesome to see that TNA is stepping up to the plate on this and getting things done. Please keep up posted on what finally happens with both the dealer and TNA.

I ride through Alabama every summer and I will again in July. Though I haven't had a single problem with my Triumph Sprint GT, but if I do, I hope that it doesn't happen in Alabama so I don't have to take it to that same dealer!!!