Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2014, 01:46 PM   #91
Bamabeast
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
I have had one person pm me so far about the dealers name i have named them once or twice earlier in this thread or the general explorer thread not sure which one,when the bike is done and i have looked it over and taken it for a ride to make sure the work has been done right and i am finished with them i will name them not sure it is wise at this time.
Bamabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:43 PM   #92
ongrade
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
So my TPS went bad on mine. Died last Thursday night pulling away from the house. Took it to the dealer Friday and the shitheel at TNA that the dealer talked to didn't want to replace the TPS even with the P2119 code showing. Claimed he'd never heard of any being replaced. They reset the ECM and uploaded the latest tune. Happened again last night on the freeway at 80 mph, that was a load of fun trying to get across 5 lanes to the shoulder with a dead engine.

Made arrangements to bring it in this morning and on the way to the dealer it did it again. This time it wouldn't restart for about 20 minutes. I took the opportunity while I was pissed and called TNA, after a thorough ass reaming TNA is overnighting a TPS to the dealer.

Meanwhile I'm flogging a Ducati Multistrada. It's not nearly the bike the TEX is, as I told my Italian wife "it's Italian, it's fast it's sexy as hell, but it's nervous and if your not careful it'll do something dangerous and painful". I can ride the TEX faster with much less effort and I don't feel cramped on the TEX.
ongrade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:09 PM   #93
Okeedokee
Your Redneck Friend!

Oddometer: 152
Huh?

FWIW:
I bought my Tiger from the local dealer in Ladson, SC who then became a non-dealer. Of course, this leaves me with the next-closest dealer being 2.5 hours away.
So, I have to ask, If TNA is so great, why the hell are so many shops that were dealers a year ago no longer dealers today? Can't they support the folks who sell their products?
Thoughts?
2014 Triumph Tiger Explorer-XC
Okeedokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:29 PM   #94
KSTriple
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
I lost my dealer recently and the other choices aren't that great. I love the bikes but the choices in dealers and the upper management at Triumph are going to limit the growth here. I don't think the ex harley guy in charge is doing any favors for them.
KSTriple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:15 PM   #95
Velvet
Very smooth

Oddometer: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okeedokee View Post
FWIW:
I bought my Tiger from the local dealer in Ladson, SC who then became a non-dealer. Of course, this leaves me with the next-closest dealer being 2.5 hours away.
So, I have to ask, If TNA is so great, why the hell are so many shops that were dealers a year ago no longer dealers today? Can't they support the folks who sell their products?
Thoughts?
Good question, something that I definitely keep wondering myself. My brother, who lives just outside of Pittsburgh had a similar situation. One dealer, that was close to him in Sutersville, PA was closed about two years ago. Apparently Triumph wasn't satisfied with the amount of bikes he was selling. The other dealer, just north of Pittsburgh recently stopped selling Triumph for reasons unknown. In fact, they did a service for me this past May when I was visiting. This was a relatively decent multi-brand dealer. BUT, on the flip side, another multi-brand dealer in Irwin, PA just started selling Triumph. I'll see how long that lasts.

I was just in the new dealership this past December and I was a bit dismayed that Triumph is sorta becoming "Harley-ish" in the fact that they are selling Triumph branded trinkets like bathrobes, etc. I don't mind t-shirts and maybe hats, but anything further is getting tacky.

I really like Triumph motorycles but the company apparently needs to stop playing "dealer chess."
Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:35 AM   #96
Bamabeast
Adventurer

bikes ready

So i just got a call they say my bike is finally ready its to late today to make the trip so Tuesday morning i will head down to check it over good and take it for a ride hopefully everything was done rite and i can bring it home, then to talk with TNA to see what they are going to do for me.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:25 PM   #97
Yukon PER
Blacksheep

Oddometer: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Good question, something that I definitely keep wondering myself. My brother, who lives just outside of Pittsburgh had a similar situation. One dealer, that was close to him in Sutersville, PA was closed about two years ago. Apparently Triumph wasn't satisfied with the amount of bikes he was selling. The other dealer, just north of Pittsburgh recently stopped selling Triumph for reasons unknown. In fact, they did a service for me this past May when I was visiting. This was a relatively decent multi-brand dealer. BUT, on the flip side, another multi-brand dealer in Irwin, PA just started selling Triumph. I'll see how long that lasts.

I was just in the new dealership this past December and I was a bit dismayed that Triumph is sorta becoming "Harley-ish" in the fact that they are selling Triumph branded trinkets like bathrobes, etc. I don't mind t-shirts and maybe hats, but anything further is getting tacky.

I really like Triumph motorycles but the company apparently needs to stop playing "dealer chess."
The new dealer in Irwin was awarded the Triumph franchise with the condition that they would implement the "Triumph World" showroom enhancements within 12 months. To date they have not complied. This is the reason that the dealer north of Pittsburgh lost their affiliation with Triumph.

The Highland HD in Somerset will soon become western PA's newest Triumph Dealer. I am optimistic about this opening of this new location.
Yukon PER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:46 PM   #98
Velvet
Very smooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon PER View Post
The new dealer in Irwin was awarded the Triumph franchise with the condition that they would implement the "Triumph World" showroom enhancements within 12 months. To date they have not complied. This is the reason that the dealer north of Pittsburgh lost their affiliation with Triumph.

The Highland HD in Somerset will soon become western PA's newest Triumph Dealer. I am optimistic about this opening of this new location.
My brother had good dealings with Highland when he owned his Buell. Hopefully, nothing has changed. Now that he is recently back into Harleys, that is more than likely the dealer he will choose.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:09 PM   #99
Yukon PER
Blacksheep

Oddometer: 418
Quote:
My brother had good dealings with Highland when he owned his Buell. Hopefully, nothing has changed. Now that he is recently back into Harleys, that is more than likely the dealer he will choose.
My brother still owns 2 Buells! Highland has worked well him to continue to service the product despite the lack of available OEM parts from HD.
Yukon PER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:06 AM   #100
Velvet
Very smooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamabeast View Post
So i just got a call they say my bike is finally ready its to late today to make the trip so Tuesday morning i will head down to check it over good and take it for a ride hopefully everything was done rite and i can bring it home, then to talk with TNA to see what they are going to do for me.
I really hope that everything is squared away for you and TNA makes it right. That would certainly be a "happy ending" I'm sure.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:02 AM   #101
Ronin1
Hoonigan

Oddometer: 64
We also lost our local dealer here (although there were 4 within 100 miles) and he stated that Triumph wanted him to stock 100 bikes at any time. It's a small shop and also sells Ducati, BMW and MV. I'm not sure that Triumph wasn't the red-headed stepchild in the dealer either and they lost no sleep over it.

Quote:

Ronin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:34 PM   #102
Bamabeast
Adventurer

i got her back

So i finally got my tex xc back today from having the head replaced the bike sounds much better now runs great the work seems to have been done ok there were a few miner scuff marks in a few spots no one but me will ever know, now for the dealership where i had the work done they are slow they lied to me a few times and i will never use them again so anyone planning to go to Red mountain motorsports in Birmingham AL i hope you have better luck then i did, I also spoke to TNA and got a few things out of them also.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:39 PM   #103
Velvet
Very smooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamabeast View Post
So i finally got my tex xc back today from having the head replaced the bike sounds much better now runs great the work seems to have been done ok there were a few miner scuff marks in a few spots no one but me will ever know, now for the dealership where i had the work done they are slow they lied to me a few times and i will never use them again so anyone planning to go to Red mountain motorsports in Birmingham AL i hope you have better luck then i did, I also spoke to TNA and got a few things out of them also.
I'm glad that everything worked out minus the minor scuffs. Thanks for the update and the information. Hopefully, TNA will really straighten things out with that dealer.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:07 PM   #104
NonDairyCreamer
incomprehensible

Oddometer: 95
Tps

There seems to be some issue with the TPS causing stalls, replaced by Triumph only to repeat a few thousand miles later. I saw a post over at RAT, I think, and the author stated it is the exact same item that caused the exact same problem on previous Yamaha FJR1300 models a few years (?) back. Yet I also have read it is made in Germany and has been a problem for several autos. More importantly my question is this: are the newer 2014 models sporting a better TPS?

Question two concerns the Trophy vs. Explorer. There are reported electrical problems with the Trophy, bad battery it seems, yet some are having issues even with a new battery installed which leads to another dead battery. Giving that the Trophy has many more gizmos than does the Explorer I'm assuming therein lies the problem, so does the Explorer have any issues concerning the electrics?

Thanks for assurances. Or warnings
Old 07-02-2014, 04:39 AM   #105
WilCon76 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
My dealer has 5 Explorers in for service and repairs. All of them are failures of components and not rider issues. They have multiple Trophy's as well. My personal bike is closing in on 150 days of unrideable status due to component failures. It's a great bike when it works, but like old BSA motorcycles it rarely works.

Writers love readers. Follow me on http://rideapart.com/author/bill-connor/ and http://2wheelsandamotor.com/
WilCon76 is offline   Reply With Quote