Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2014, 04:42 PM   #31
Tuff Tunica
Moto-Skiveez creator

Oddometer: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domiken View Post
Ill be checking these out, def need something like them
Domikin, looks like you're a "knee dragger." Just an FYI here is some info from your species about our product https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hayde...26257457454062
Tuff Tunica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:48 PM   #32
Tuff Tunica
Moto-Skiveez creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeName View Post
Look great!

I understand many vendors here on ADVrider offer special club discounts to their core customers….
Working on a way to offer something. I have several retailers that I have an agreement with to not underprice. (Understandable that they would not want to have to compete against their supplier).

However, what I'm thinking about is offering one of our "Tri-Fold" hats at no charge specifically for ADV inmates. That way at least I can claim that my pricing is not discounted. It's a $19.95 value and our hats will fold up to about the size of a wallet. Everyone that sees them wants one.

I just have to set up a coupon code, ADV, for the website and double check my dealer agreements. Look to the vendor section for something very soon. Thanks for the interest.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:08 PM   #33
Tuff Tunica
Moto-Skiveez creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheritage View Post
Just ordered a pair of the Adventure model, will report back once I've had a chance to ride with them.
Rheritage. We'll get your order processed first thing tomorrow. Should have them first of next week. Hat will be included. Any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to give us a ring.

Thanks for your interest in Moto-Skiveez.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:00 PM   #34
ssevy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 850
If you can make a pair of these that really work, they will sell like hotcakes!
I am one of those poor buggers whose ass gets sore from sweat and abrasion, and from sciatica which goes down the backs of my legs after a few hours. I have invested some big bucks in Ex Officio, Terramar, Under Armor, and finally LD Comfort. The LD Comfort worked the best, but I still sweat in them so the abrasion issue is reduced but still present.
The Terramar have an open net like weave in the crotch, but they are no better than any of the others. The wicking synthetics don't seem to move moisture as well as my merino wool tee shirt, and I'm wondering if a high quality light weight wool might be a better fabric than all of this high tech shit made from petroleum?
The idea of keeping the package separate from the legs is a good one, as the moisture buildup and chafing will be less. You could also keep the leg and butt sections snugger to the body for better wicking and comfort, and still provide the room for a no squeeze zone for the old man and the boys. Cup size could be generous for everyone really, especially if the fabric had some give to it.
I also would like legs on mine, as they aren't really that much warmer if they wick well, and they give you a nice cushion between your ankles and the top edge of your riding boots. They also keep you warmer when it does rain or get cold. I ride all summer in the LD tights, as the shorts pull where the finished seam wraps around my leg (I eventually cut these off, and it helped a bit).
Good luck with these
ssevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:16 AM   #35
BIG-E
AKA; Mongo-E

Oddometer: 2,020
Just ordered a pair of these, I think they will work out really well!

"If my Technique Improves, so will my riding"!
BIG-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:47 AM   #36
SgtDuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,149

It seems that we guys up north aren't part of your target market.

Sad, I was about to order a pair.

Good luck with your new business though, your product looks to be what a lot in here were waiting for.

SgtDuster screwed with this post 01-09-2014 at 11:26 AM
SgtDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:22 PM   #37
Tuff Tunica
Moto-Skiveez creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtDuster View Post

It seems that we guys up north aren't part of your target market.

Sad, I was about to order a pair.

Good luck with your new business though, your product looks to be what a lot in here were waiting for.
Silly Canookz!! Of course we sell to the North. I just sent a pair to Toronto last week. Had to process it manually as the website is not yet configured for intl shipping. Give me a ring and we can definitely ship you a pair.

Sorry for the inconvenience, we are still a new company and working out some of the kink.s International shipping happens to be one of those.
cell 801-696-4501
Old 01-10-2014, 06:50 AM   #38
MikeJansen
Lost

Oddometer: 114
Oooo...

I am very interested in a pair of your Sport's

Would you be able to send across the pond?

Oh and no fly for me thanks. But a pair for the ladies would be REALLY appreciated by my wife and our riding friends!

Mike
Old 01-11-2014, 06:43 AM   #39
Tuff Tunica
Moto-Skiveez creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJansen View Post
Oooo...

I am very interested in a pair of your Sport's

Would you be able to send across the pond?

Oh and no fly for me thanks. But a pair for the ladies would be REALLY appreciated by my wife and our riding friends!

Mike
Mike, ladies specific is top of our list. Should have a final prototype in about 30 days. And no problem shipping to EU. However it is a bit spendy.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:06 PM   #40
MikeJansen
Lost

Oddometer: 114
I will be keeping an eye on the FB page and the website and once the female version are available I think a pair of each will be heading this way!
Old 01-17-2014, 06:49 AM   #41
BIG-E
AKA; Mongo-E

I received my Skiveez a few days ago, and can't wait to try them out tomorrow! They look and feel great!

Thank you very much for the Neto-Mesquito cap Tuff!

Old 01-17-2014, 08:48 AM   #42
dougfromindy
I smell premix

Oddometer: 2,255
XL vs XXL

I wear XL in Hanes boxers.
My waist is 42" probably 43" but not 40".
I don't like compression style stuff.
I think the XXL may be a better fit for me.
it just says 44" and up.
Please advise on the phat man sizing, thanks.
dougfromindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:35 AM   #43
BIG-E
AKA; Mongo-E

Hello Everyone,

I had a chance to try out my new Skiveez. I rode my KTM 690 100 miles on road and another 100 miles off road, here is what I found,

1st. of all, these are very comfy! They did not stink at all after I took them off. Big plus!
2nd. the padding in the rear is perfect! No bunching or binding at all.
3rd. It seems to me like the legs need to be just a bit longer to help with my knee braces, these fit more like regular undies with a short leg. It also seems like the legs are a little shorter in the rear than in the front, not a big deal, maybe its just me?

The end result? These are very comfy and padded very nicely, I would buy a second pair.

The only complaint I have is I need a longer leg to help with knee braces, but this is a very nice pair of undies.

Next week, I will be going to Death Valley for a full week of riding, and we will see how well they do there. I am sure they will be very good for several days of riding.

Take care everyone, Eric.

Edit, sizing for Doug above, I am a 40 waist, and these fit like a glove. If you are a 43 they would fit, but might be just a tad tight? I have the XL.

Old 01-21-2014, 10:12 AM   #44
Tuff Tunica
Moto-Skiveez creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougfromindy View Post
I wear XL in Hanes boxers.
My waist is 42" probably 43" but not 40".
I don't like compression style stuff.
I think the XXL may be a better fit for me.
it just says 44" and up.
Please advise on the phat man sizing, thanks.
Thanks for your inquiry and interest in Moto-Skiveez. My suggestion is to err on the snug side. I say this as our shorts are designed and intended as a comfort garment NOT a compression garment. The materials used in our construction are meant to provide a secure fit but not be tight. There is quite a bit of give to the fabric itself.

If you are comfortable with a snug fit and are around a 42" waist I would suggest an XL. If your are perhaps a little more robust than 42" and want a more relaxed fit then XXL.

Another consideration is the type of riding that you do. If you are an aggressive rider and move around on the bike quite a bit, I would strongly suggest considering the smaller size. If you are more of a leisure rider that is not moving on the saddle much then the larger size would accommodate you very well. Again this is entirely personal and very subjective. I hope this adds a little insight.

And again thank you for considering Moto-Skiveez!!

No sore.....
Old 01-21-2014, 10:23 AM   #45
Tuff Tunica
Moto-Skiveez creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG-E View Post
Hello Everyone,

I had a chance to try out my new Skiveez. I rode my KTM 690 100 miles on road and another 100 miles off road, here is what I found,

1st. of all, these are very comfy! They did not stink at all after I took them off. Big plus!
2nd. the padding in the rear is perfect! No bunching or binding at all.
3rd. It seems to me like the legs need to be just a bit longer to help with my knee braces, these fit more like regular undies with a short leg. It also seems like the legs are a little shorter in the rear than in the front, not a big deal, maybe its just me?

The end result? These are very comfy and padded very nicely, I would buy a second pair.

The only complaint I have is I need a longer leg to help with knee braces, but this is a very nice pair of undies.

Next week, I will be going to Death Valley for a full week of riding, and we will see how well they do there. I am sure they will be very good for several days of riding.

Take care everyone, Eric.

Edit, sizing for Doug above, I am a 40 waist, and these fit like a glove. If you are a 43 they would fit, but might be just a tad tight? I have the XL.
Eric,
Thanks for such a positive evaluation of our Moto-Skiveez! I appreciate the feedback and suggestions. We launched our product last October. The current offering I think of as version 1.0. Like any new product there will always be additional models and upgraded versions. I have a couple of Motocross riders wearing Moto-Skiveez that also would like more of a calf length garment. This is something that we are considering, along with an entire product extension that would be targeted more for competition. The competition line would have more of a bias towards compression and performance and less focus on comfort.

Thanks again for your input and I'll make sure to get in touch with you if and when we do some prototype testing on a longer version.

Also if you are in Death Valley next weekend, 24-27, I have a friend that will be testing his Moto-Skiveez for first time while riding DV. He will be two up with his wife on a blue 2005 BMW R1200GS. Grey Happy Trails panniers, oversize touring windscreen and big 'ol LightForce fog lights. His name is Dr. Brian Brzowski. 50ish with a shaved head and trimmed full beard. If by chance you cross paths tell him hello. He would freak if you came up and asked "Are you the great Dr. Brzowski?" Totally freak his brain. Just a little ADV humor. You never know it's a small world.

Thanks again for your input on Moto-skiveez!