ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2014, 04:00 AM   #1
mcrider18 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
2014 Buffaloe 500 (IN)

Who's going to ride in the Buffaloe 500 hosted by Stoney Lonesome near Columbus, IN this year? It's coming up soon on Sep 13-14. I'm going to try riding the DS route this year with my plated CRF450X. The past two years I've ridden the ADV route on my KLR and WR250R and really enjoyed it both times. They put on a great event.

http://stoneylonesomemc.com/DualSport/index.html

http://www.usdualsports.com/2012/07/...ual-sport.html

Does anyone have info about camping in the area? I believe SL allows riders to camp on their property over the weekend. Do they have showers and restrooms available or maybe only porta-pots and no showers? What about dedicated campgrounds nearby; does anyone have recommendations or good/bad info about the options?

I found this one online, Westward Ho! Campground.
http://www.gowestwardho.com/index.htm
Old 08-28-2014, 06:20 AM   #2
trentster
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Loading up both bikes and riding both days. Stoney does allow camping, and yes they have regular restrooms, no showers that I am aware of. Plenty of camping in the Nashville are also. They put on a really nice ride both days! Hopefully the weather is as good as it was last year.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:49 AM   #3
bgindy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Buffaloe

I will be there on the kdx. The dual sport is really nice, some great single track. I have also done the adventure ride in the past, good, but not as good as the woods riding.
bgindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 04:37 PM   #4
avrz10
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
going

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrider18 View Post
Who's going to ride in the Buffaloe 500 hosted by Stoney Lonesome near Columbus, IN this year? It's coming up soon on Sep 13-14. I'm going to try riding the DS route this year with my plated CRF450X. The past two years I've ridden the ADV route on my KLR and WR250R and really enjoyed it both times. They put on a great event.

http://stoneylonesomemc.com/DualSport/index.html

http://www.usdualsports.com/2012/07/...ual-sport.html

Does anyone have info about camping in the area? I believe SL allows riders to camp on their property over the weekend. Do they have showers and restrooms available or maybe only porta-pots and no showers? What about dedicated campgrounds nearby; does anyone have recommendations or good/bad info about the options?

I found this one online, Westward Ho! Campground.
http://www.gowestwardho.com/index.htm
I am heading down for the adv ride on Saturday. riding a black bmw x-country if anyone needs a riding partner
avrz10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 06:15 PM   #5
johnson357
Bad Monkey Racing

Oddometer: 1,128
Also riding it on a plated 450X......a bunch of guys on the IN ride thread are talking about doing one or other too.
johnson357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 05:29 AM   #6
Themastermike
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentster View Post
Loading up both bikes and riding both days. Stoney does allow camping, and yes they have regular restrooms, no showers that I am aware of. Plenty of camping in the Nashville are also. They put on a really nice ride both days! Hopefully the weather is as good as it was last year.
They used to have a set of showers on the back side of the building, not under ceiling other than the sky but enclosed, worked good.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-07-2014, 03:23 PM   #7
IndyChizzle
Spending more on gas

Oddometer: 723
I emailed the organizer the following:

"Hi,
Some buddies and I (from AdvRider) are thinking about coming down for your gravel road ride next weekend. Would you be so kind as to answer the following questions? I promise I'll share with my buddies so you don't get bugged to answer the same questions multiple times:

1) Are there showers available at the primitive campsite?
2) Do people need to preregister, or can we just show up and pay 6:30-8 am before the ride?
3) The website mentions that the money goes to "local charities". Can I ask what local charities are typically supported?

Thanks for taking the time to read my message, and for volunteering to help promote motorcycling."

He replied with:

"Showers are available first come first serve.You can sign up at the event. We donate to big brothers and big sisters of Bartholomew and Brown county and the fire and chear fund."
IndyChizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 05:15 PM   #8
motodirtlover
Motodirtlover

Oddometer: 1,032
It'd really be nice if the DS and the national enduro were not on the exact same weekend, in the same state.
Bummer.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:16 PM   #9
Themastermike
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyChizzle View Post

"Hi,
Some buddies and I (from AdvRider) are thinking about coming down for your gravel road ride next weekend. Would you be so kind as to answer the following questions? I promise I'll share with my buddies so you don't get bugged to answer the same questions multiple times:

2) Do people need to preregister, or can we just show up and pay 6:30-8 am before the ride?
3) The website mentions that the money goes to "local charities". Can I ask what local charities are typically supported?

Thanks for taking the time to read my message, and for volunteering to help promote motorcycling."

He replied with:

"Showers are available first come first serve.You can sign up at the event. We donate to big brothers and big sisters of Bartholomew and Brown county and the fire and chear fund."

The local charities are the exact ones that get the marginally legal DS bikes in the group a weekend pass to ride in those two counties.

Not logic to question!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-10-2014, 06:31 PM   #10
(none)
poser

Oddometer: 2,590
I plan to be out on the KDX at least one of the days.
LC80
JK Rubi
(none) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 07:46 PM   #11
johnson357
Bad Monkey Racing

Oddometer: 1,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyChizzle View Post

"Hi,

He replied with:

Don't let the short response sway you away like any club they have D-bags and good dudes. I raced there for years there are more good guys than D-bags, but they have them.
johnson357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 08:08 PM   #12
Old Skool Rosewood
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
Old Skool and Brewski83

I'm hauling up Breski83's Yamadog. and my Katoom 450 Friday. Cant find my old Black Coal roll chart holders! This is gonna be a hoot! Us ADV riders need a get together Friday night,,,, And RIDE together...at a snails pace of course..
We have chosen to ride Saturday, got grandkid duty Sunday. Buffaloe is a go! Whats this about Microbrews at Story?? I may just sit there all day..
Old Skool Rosewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 04:33 AM   #13
TheRobG
Adventure Scientist

Oddometer: 76
Thinking about saturday's DS ride on the 690Enduro. My only 2 concerns are fuel range and rollchart. I haven't had the time to put the extended tanks together yet so I am at about 120 miles (road) range. Will that be a problem?

Also, I don't know if I will have a roll chart by then. Is this required? I guess I can always fall back on the adv ride... but the ds sounds like fun

Today I'm the gunpowder in a continental bullet - Forss
TheRobG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:52 AM   #14
trentster
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Story Inn hops and harvest fest, Story Inn is a really cool place out in the middle of nowhere, and probably 15-20min from Stoney MC club
http://www.storyinn.com/hoosier-hops-harvest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRobG View Post
Thinking about saturday's DS ride on the 690Enduro. My only 2 concerns are fuel range and rollchart. I haven't had the time to put the extended tanks together yet so I am at about 120 miles (road) range. Will that be a problem?

Also, I don't know if I will have a roll chart by then. Is this required? I guess I can always fall back on the adv ride... but the ds sounds like fun
Old 09-11-2014, 01:41 PM   #15
Dirtbauer
KB

Oddometer: 138
2013 Buffaloe Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD9SE5_xxy8&list=UUzdXzWnfTyN-iduxpXlNKxA

http://www.youtube.com/user/dirtbauer1?feature=mhee
Dirtbauer is offline   Reply With Quote