ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2013, 09:12 AM   #61
brad1098
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 770
In. Now I just need the perfect light DS. Big Pig needs another stable mate.

And dang, that's a long time to wait.
brad1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:18 AM   #62
mcrider18
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
In for 2014

I couldn't make the ride this year but plan on doing it for 2014. Looks like a great ride and gathering! Thanks in advance to all the people who spend so much time and effort putting this together.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:04 PM   #63
Grafspee
one bike is never enough

Oddometer: 201
Count me in as well

I have ridden some of this stuff in the past with Mark some of it on a F800gs and some on a 99 F650, but like Mark said smaller is better so I plan to also get a new stable mate for the 800. Just have to decide what it will be! DR, DRZ, CRF-L?
Grafspee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #64
ADVCoot
Wandering around

Oddometer: 329
I know I will be in need of sprucing up because I'm retiring next week and I'm not getting a haircut until the first weekend of Nov 2014 Anyone else need an appointment?

Curiousteve

Congratulations on your upcoming retirement Steve. Looking forward to many rides with you and Ken in the future.
"One of the things that make motorcycling so great is because it never fails to give you a feeling of freedom and adventure." – Steve McQueen
ADVCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #65
306dad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
i just ordered a new 22 gallon tank for the husky so i will not run out!!!!
Old 11-20-2013, 05:14 PM   #66
TooSlow4U
2 Wheel Wonder Rider

Oddometer: 1,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by 306dad View Post
22 gallon??....or 2.2?

Honda XR "Complete" S/M Wheels For Sale ---> http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...9#post20028089

TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:51 PM   #67
soupbill
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Quote:
306dad the way you ride (WFO) you need a thirty gal. tank,and you do carry a lot of extra weight with Phil,Uncle Phil & Wolverine riding bitch,or you could just ride it on the rear tire like too slow 4 you, he says he gets better mileage that way less rolling resistance when the front tire is off the ground.
soupbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:12 PM   #68
Loose Nut OP
wannabe

Oddometer: 251
I just gotta share my Major Award with you guys. After this year’s ride, soupbill posted that he had found something on the Loose Nut 2013 route that he wanted to give me. I have to tell you that the curiosity was killing me. It wasn’t until yesterday morning that our paths could cross. I was headed north to a jobsite and soupbill was riding from the Limestone Capital of the World towards the Cannonball Bridge with a friend who was not able to ride the LNDS with us. We decided to meet at a local gas station near the intersection of IN 45 and US 231 where he presented this trophy to me.

It turns out that soupbill works in the limestone industry. He told me that years ago he carved this piece of solid Indiana limestone into the shape of Indiana. After this year’s ride, he mounted a large machinery adjustment nut from a stone planer on top of it and then adorned it with a Loose Nut 2013 sticker. This trophy is solid stone and American steel. It is amazing and I cannot express my gratitude enough.

It is now prominently displayed in the Loose Nut home. Soupbill, it was wonderful to have you on the LNDS ride and I cannot thank you enough for this trophy. It will always be treasured. Thank You So Much!
"I took a topographic map and picked out on it, by means of the contour lines and the blank space showing no settlement, what seemed to be the wildest part of these regions; and there I went...." Horace Kephart-1906
Loose Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:53 PM   #69
Jailor8
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,998
Very Cool!! ^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^ Very Cool!! ^^^^^^

Jailor8
KTM950A, KLR685, KLR650, KLR250, KLX250, Honda Rebel, Foretrax Foreman 4x4
Jailor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:58 PM   #70
Gamequeazy
Curbjumper

Oddometer: 564
Assuming nobody I'm near-ish or dear-ish to is getting married that weekend like they did this year, count me in.

If we're thinkin' of places to chow down on, I always liked the Giant City Lodge because of the history of the place. Plus, it can seat a lot of jamokes, has good beer, and tasty food.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:58 AM   #71
306dad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
22gallon!!!!!
Old 11-21-2013, 05:08 AM   #72
Loose Nut OP
wannabe

Oddometer: 251
Quote:
22gallon!!!!!

I'm wanna ride with the wolverine and we wont be stopping for gas........and if I can keep up, we might just finish the whole ride before lunch on saturday......hehe!
"I took a topographic map and picked out on it, by means of the contour lines and the blank space showing no settlement, what seemed to be the wildest part of these regions; and there I went...." Horace Kephart-1906
Loose Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:57 PM   #73
Paul Penton
Trails Are Us

Oddometer: 16
That's a very unique trophy!

Paul Penton screwed with this post 11-21-2013 at 11:09 PM
Paul Penton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:28 AM   #74
triumphsidehack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
Loose Nut trophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Penton View Post
That's a very unique trophy!

Unique indeed ........... from two very unique people. only got to meet the presenter ( soupbill ) briefly at the fri night camp out , but in that short incounter it was obvious that he had a big heart and was there to have a great time and help everyone else do the same. Bringing in a big pot of scrumptious bean soup to share with everyone , well need I say more.

And Mr Loose Nut ........... well here's a guy that really likes to have fun on a DS ride or any sort of ride , but has just as much fun and pleasure seeing others having a great time as well.
Mr Nut really deserves this keepsake he was presented from soupbill as he has put in many hours and much effort to make this ride happen. But he would be the first to say " ah shucks I had lots of help from the local loose nut group " .... but without Mr Nut's enthusiasm and big heart and fun filled attitude , some how I don't think it would have been the same.

So a big thank you to Soupbill for being so thoughtful and a great big thank you to Mr Loose Nut for all the work you put into these rides
triumphsidehack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:03 AM   #75
saddlsor
my butt hurts

Oddometer: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by triumphsidehack View Post
Unique indeed ........... from two very unique people. only got to meet the presenter ( soupbill ) briefly at the fri night camp out , but in that short incounter it was obvious that he had a big heart and was there to have a great time and help everyone else do the same. Bringing in a big pot of scrumptious bean soup to share with everyone , well need I say more.

And Mr Loose Nut ........... well here's a guy that really likes to have fun on a DS ride or any sort of ride , but has just as much fun and pleasure seeing others having a great time as well.
Mr Nut really deserves this keepsake he was presented from soupbill as he has put in many hours and much effort to make this ride happen. But he would be the first to say " ah shucks I had lots of help from the local loose nut group " .... but without Mr Nut's enthusiasm and big heart and fun filled attitude , some how I don't think it would have been the same.

So a big thank you to Soupbill for being so thoughtful and a great big thank you to Mr Loose Nut for all the work you put into these rides
what he said. both loosenut and hackrman put a lot of effort into this ride. thanks to you both.

99 dr350
78 r80
saddlsor is offline   Reply With Quote