Jungmann1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 164
You fail! Zombie bait.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:25 PM   #17
reddirtjoe
thinning the herd.

Oddometer: 1,784
My camera man did fine,, its the video editor thats a freakin idiot !!
Old 11-20-2013, 06:17 AM   #18
Dirt2007
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,716
I hope ya'll rode faster than this report!
Dirt2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #19
frontiercat
all out of charm

Oddometer: 900

All of the good pictures I had.
frontiercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:30 PM   #20
DirtyDog OP
Lust for dust.

Oddometer: 7,367
^ That spinning target carnage was quite impressive. Solid steel 3/8" thick was no match for our arsenal.

Here are some pics from my camera.
First night, there were only a few of us at camp.

I invited my brother Tim_S to join us. He's a motorcycle n00b, but he had a good time riding my old KLR.

Saturday morning, we set up the course and various events. The pasture weeds were about knee-high concealing a lot of hazards. I took a spin on the KLR and immediately clipped a tree stump and bent my brake pedal. Nothing a bit of heat and muscle can't fix.

I also cooked some edible things on that stove. Potatoes, onions, eggs, and jalapeno bacon were good.

Once the events were set up and people began riding, it didn't take long before we already had some crashes. Newner looped a wheelie in camp and Throttlemeister did the same on the drag strip/wheelie area. Here is the aftermath. Check the crack.

Random pics.

Drag race:

Gates of hell:

Rally of the dead:
There should be some good video footage of the course somewhere.
The rally ended with the long jump. My pics don't do it justice.

Many hollow logs were burned.

Many bottled were drained.

Someone was tipsy.

The weather was perfect. The full moon was out.

Sunday morning we rode a bunch more, cleaned up camp, and massacred the watermelon zombies.

A score recap is forthcoming...
DirtyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:59 AM   #21
Krabill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,461
I've been so busy these past couple days it hasn't been funny, but I'll put this up here now . . . well . . . just because

A few clips from the wheelie competition for your enjoyment . . . and cringing . . .

Krabill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:33 PM   #22
Celtazon
Enigma

Oddometer: 401

Celtazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #23
DirtyDog OP
Lust for dust.

That was cringe-worthy. I missed seeing that originally.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:41 PM   #24
Krabill
Beastly Adventurer

Ya gotta cover that rear brake!

I was nice enough to re-charge Tomski's go-pro battery, but I forgot about mine. Ugh. I do have my first lap around the track when I popped my tire, but my battery died and I didn't get my "good" lap on film. I seem to be having issues with my video editing software, but I'm working on it and will post it when I get it figured out . . .
Old 11-21-2013, 06:18 PM   #25
on2wheels52
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,214
krikey, next door and I missed it. Is this an annual affair?
Jim
on2wheels52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:15 PM   #26
Krabill
Beastly Adventurer

I was the first one to arrive Friday evening. All was quiet and it had the makings of a picture perfect night. When a few others showed up, I got us a fire going. We stayed up late around the fire and consumed some adult beverages.

When Saturday morning rolled around, the rest of the training crew started to file in. Some early, some mid-morning, and yet a few more as late morning rolled into early afternoon.

Watermelons were placed with care, course lines were painted, boundary tape was strung, and old tires were set in place. Things were looking up.

The day's competitions started right out of the gate at a blistering pace with the slow race. Newner had by far the best individual win of the day. His bike had stalled, but he kept his feet on the pegs and his bike upright until his rival crossed the finish line ahead of him, making him the winner of that heat . . . as he and his bike slowly rolled onto their sides It was epic.

The wheelie competition was next. There were a few over-achievers as witnessed in the video I posted earlier. Much fun was had. The zombies didn't stand a chance.

After that . . . the drag race. Apparently, if you can keep your 690 from rolling over on its back, it'll whoop the shit out of anything else on two wheels in a straight line. At least it did that day. I already knew, but it was confirmed once again that the WR250R makes an awful drag racing platform.

The obstacle course was next. Set up this year by some sadistic trials riding bastard, it included a couple full lock turns and a small concrete step meant to simulate jumping the curb in front of your local Starbucks as you try to avoid the oncoming zombie hoard. Again . . . mucho fun!

Short intermission for lunch . . .

Then on to the Rally. We do this as a one-rider-at-a-time timed event to avoid any collisions that might occur if we ran everybody at the same time. It seems to work well this way and is certainly the safest way to go about it. My first attempt was going . . . well . . . it was going ok. I blew a turn, then tried to make up some time by going a little faster than I had in practice and *boom* I smacked a rock and pinched my front tube. I was out. There is no prize money, so it wasn't worth finishing the course with a flat tire, so I headed back to camp. Swapped out for a fresh tube and made my way back to the starting line to see if I could get a Mulligan for that first attempt, and they actually let me have a second go at it . . . suckers I didn't miss any turns the next time around

After the rally, there was some gunfire and loads of delicious cooked flesh to be eaten. All was good, but I have to give a particular nod to _cy_'s pork roast. Oh my, that was good.

I didn't take any pics the whole weekend and the battery died in my gopro, but I did get my first attempt at the rally course on film before it went.

The corner I blew is at 2:02 - I usually go inside that corner marker. My tire blew at the "dip" at 2:14. You can hear my forks bottom out when I smacked the rock. Eh . . . still a great time!!

Thank you to all those involved in making it all happen!!!!!!!
Old 11-21-2013, 09:34 PM   #27
DirtyDog OP
Lust for dust.

That was me blasting past in front of you at the end of your vid. At the time, your location off course didn't strike me as odd. I'm sure that dip gave several people a bit of a surprise.

Oh, and technically... if there was only one marker/arrow, you were supposed to go on the outside of the arrow. Otherwise, cutting inside the corner could get pretty extreme. Two markers equals a gate. Gotta go between those. Good thing the winning footage was "lost" so we can assume your second run was completely legit. Most everyone was cutting inside that first arrow. We'll be more explicit with the "rules" next time.

Matters not, really. Even if you had added a second to every corner, you still probably would have beat me.

I think what slowed my time was my braking. I was basically sliding into each turn when I should have just leaned the bike over and gassed the piss out of it.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:59 PM   #28
DirtyDog OP
Lust for dust.

Still no videos?

Old 11-22-2013, 07:51 PM   #29
jimmex
Rider

Oddometer: 2,226
The wheelie gene pool was a little shallow.
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:07 AM   #30
reddirtjoe
thinning the herd.

Oddometer: 1,784

unedited footage,,

reddirtjoe screwed with this post 11-23-2013 at 07:22 AM
reddirtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote